(1) 'Nintendo Direct' Announces 'Pokemon AR Searcher' and 'Pokedex 3D Pro' [4/20]

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Back in the late 90s when they first came out, the red plastic Pokedexes were about $8. I carried that thing around with me everywhere...until the batteries died.

Yeah, my friend had one. Also, this has all of the pokemon on it (646/649 insted of 151). And the quality of the pokemon is alot higher.

But that's a collector's item and looks like a real Pokédex, so cool, especially as a kid. *__* This, however, is just an app you don't need... (and you can't show it off the same way, even if you are a kid. Oh well, maybe kids like 3D Pokémon...)

Teal said:
But that's a collector's item and looks like a real Pokédex, so cool, especially as a kid. *__* This, however, is just an app you don't need... (and you can't show it off the same way, even if you are a kid. Oh well, maybe kids like 3D Pokémon...)

Red 3DS. New PKDX. You gotta admit, also, the games are the apps :), the PokeDex 3D is the Regional Pokedex. Pokemon in real life.

Blui129 said:
Yeah, my friend had one. Also, this has all of the pokemon on it (646/649 insted of 151). And the quality of the pokemon is alot higher.
Could you link me to what you're talking about? I'm somewhat interested in it.
(By the way, the original Pokedex did not have Mew in it. I know. I tried.)

I think Blui129 is just saying that the new dex has all of the Pokemon while the old one has 150.

Um, oh, you're right Mew wasn't in the Kanto Pokedex.
But the quality is better because it's 3D.

Blui129 said:
Um, oh, you're right Mew wasn't in the Kanto Pokedex.
But the quality is better because it's 3D.

Oh please. 2.5D all the way.
3D is nice and all, but I still don't see what the big deal is. I guess there's the perk of having models you can freely rotate about, but 3D things seem so underwhelming to me...

3D is actually really cool imo. I feel like it adds really much to certain games (like MK7). The 3D in Pokédex 3D good too, but it's not THAT necessary on it, yeah. ^^ But still a nice gimmick. Especially in AR.

Oh, people will buy them. Perhaps only those kids proudly carrying three boxes of booster packs and whatnot, but there'll be enough of them that the price will not plummet like with, say, Rayman Origins.

Or maybe I'm just thinking of how it is around here. Pokémon Battle Revolution never went down in price up to when it went out of print and stores no longer sold it new.

Oh please. 2.5D all the way.
3D is nice and all, but I still don't see what the big deal is. I guess there's the perk of having models you can freely rotate about, but 3D things seem so underwhelming to me...

You want 4D? Pokemon will hurt you (unless they like you).

5d: you get sucked into the game :p
but seriously, if you think the 3d hurts your eyes you can turn it off, and you still can rotate the models, make them perform their attack, and read information about them.

Aww yeah, 5D all the way! Gonna be a Pokemon Master for real! Shame it's not real...:(

@Kirdneh: I do turn the 3D off on 3DS actually. I never have it on, mostly because it really hurts my eyes.
@Blui129: I said 2.5D all the way; why would I want 4D?

@ DNA, why not 4D? You get to feel everything, and smell it. It would be awesome :D

The 4th dimension is time, not smell.
Carry on, people.

Time is everflowing. It's the parameter all physics utilize, as it is the most consistent.

To answer your question, time's direction is 'forward'. It is in fact considered a dimension. Trust me, I'm an engineer. :p

Yet I can point in the spacial three but not the "4th"

Neither is the 3DS a timeless handheld.

My point is, time is not a fourth dimension to the first 3 dimensions of space.
Its the first dimension of time at most.

Back