(1) 'Nintendo Direct' Announces 'Pokemon AR Searcher' and 'Pokedex 3D Pro' [4/20]

lizapokecatcher said:
A Pokemon flying a way from the camera doesn't make his claws thicker are his legs shorter!

Though one flying toward the viewer with its talons extended forward would have that effect.

@Ryu Shoji: But then what about those half-circles in the middle of its wings? And I still think the spikes on the side of its head come to more than just one point going by the image on main site. Articuno's three head spikes don't match what I see in the original image. (And the tail bending that way... It's a bit of a stretch for the end tip of the tail to be that straight considering the way the middle is bending... But maybe it's stylized. I dunno.)

Though I agree if this silhouette could be anything we've already seen, Articuno is a pretty good bet.

Somebody asked Junichi Masuda about the silhouette, but all he said was that he was sharp for noticing and had no comment at the moment.

yugi_player said:
Hehe, indeed NaruHina ftw!

Damn it's been a long time since I've been on this forum xD Though I'm a TCG player now xD
(srry for bad typing today)
Not to minimod but watch your language. ;)
Great. Now I want to get a 3ds but i need a new ipod....
And i want a kindle...
AUGH.
Well i hope i'm not the only one who thinks the AR Searcher thing is cool...

AnimeUSA said:
(srry for bad typing today)
Not to minimod but watch your language. ;)
Great. Now I want to get a 3ds but i need a new ipod....
And i want a kindle...
AUGH.
Well i hope i'm not the only one who thinks the AR Searcher thing is cool...
No you're not the only one. To be honest I am more excited for the AR searchercthan the pokedex pro

Yeah me too. (my typing is horrid right now on account of me trying to be quiet)
It sounds/looks like a lot of fun!

Ryu Shoji said:
fxdzj9.jpg

Articuno. I ran a footprint check of every bird Pokémon and there are no matches unless the Pokémon is flying away from you, instead of towards you. Also,when someone shown me that earlier image outlining their belief that it's Articuno...then Articuno's footprint fit perfectly when flying away, then the promise of rare Pokémon in the app.

Again.
Whether its facing away or towards you makes ZERO difference.
Not to mention the same flaws as before.

Why would they want to show us its butt in the center of the picture anyways *facepalm*

Well, you'd see its butt if it's flying away from you. If you're trying to capture it, that's the natural thing something would do.

The only thing that keeps me from saying "Its Archeops" are the wings. The legs, tail, talons, and wing bumps all match.
Why does Archeops have to be so FLUFFY? :p

a pokemon has two options in battle: fight or flight. maybe it's flying toward you to attack, but has talons gong back because it is flying tword you.

Ichigo14 said:
I don't mind paying 3.50 for the AR searcher but I am definatley not paying 18$ for a pokedex

But I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was, to catch them all is my real test, to train them is my cause... and so forth, to do that, you have to have a Pokedex... also, think about how much a Pokedex is in real life.

what i don't understand about pokedexs:
1. oak gives you it for FREE. NO cost.
2. it has no data on it, though oak says he studied pokemon all his life.

but this pokedex is WAY too expensive. i'm waiting it out, untill there is some 75% off deal or something.

kirdneh said:
what i don't understand about pokedexs:
1. oak gives you it for FREE. NO cost.
2. it has no data on it, though oak says he studied pokemon all his life.

but this pokedex is WAY too expensive. i'm waiting it out, untill there is some 75% off deal or something.

What if your mom pays the bill for you (excludes DPt because you kind of steal them)? Then this is relevant.

I hope they cut the price of Pokédex Pro once they realize nobody is buying it. :D

Blui129 said:
But I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was, to catch them all is my real test, to train them is my cause... and so forth, to do that, you have to have a Pokedex... also, think about how much a Pokedex is in real life.
Back in the late 90s when they first came out, the red plastic Pokedexes were about $8. I carried that thing around with me everywhere...until the batteries died.

That said with that comparison, $15 won't be that bad for the Pokedex 3D in comparison, but people won't think twice about $8; they will for $15.

(Yes, I'm aware that with the current exchange rate, 1500Y equates to about $18...however, I was told by a friend of mine - who is a reliable source for information - that when Japanese apps get brought over here, the price is adjusted at a rate of 100Y = $1. So we're getting it for $15.)

$15.00 is even more pricey. I won't get it until it is $5.00 or less. I am saving up for B2, and i don't have that kind of money. i'm 12.

Back