(1) 'Nintendo Direct' Announces 'Pokemon AR Searcher' and 'Pokedex 3D Pro' [4/20]

CruelBear said:
What makes you say a new Pokemon game wouldn't make someone want a 3DS? New Pokemon games are what made me buy my DS in the first place. Your post would make sense if there were any Pokemon games for 3DS, but, apparently you don't realize, there aren't.

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Go read through the threads around the time B2W2 was rumored. Everyone and their mother was complaining that they don't want the new game (which would be B2W2) on the 3DS because they don't have one and they don't want to buy one for the new Pokemon games. When B2W2 were announced, those same people had a sigh of relief.

Now I've seen some of those people (one of which posted in this very thread) saying they wish they had a 3DS.

GreenAiden555 said:
you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Go read through the threads around the time B2W2 was rumored. Everyone and their mother was complaining that they don't want the new game (which would be B2W2) on the 3DS because they don't have one and they don't want to buy one for the new Pokemon games. When B2W2 were announced, those same people had a sigh of relief.

Now I've seen some of those people (one of which posted in this very thread) saying they wish they had a 3DS.

B2W2 were not rumored. I think you mean grey. Or when they were announced. Because black and white 2 were kept secret until they where announced

lizapokecatcher said:
B2W2 were not rumored. I think you mean grey. Or when they were announced. Because black and white 2 were kept secret until they where announced

No.... It was the concept that a new game was coming out. A new game was rumored to be coming out, and the game turned out to be B2W2.

Therefor, the speculation was for B2W2.

GreenAiden555 said:
No.... It was the concept that a new game was coming out. A new game was rumored to be coming out, and the game turned out to be B2W2.

Therefor, the speculation was for B2W2.

Most people actually speculated the new game to be Grey. So it wasnt speculation for B2 W2, it was speculation for Grey.

olimar10238163163818323, you are missing the point. It doesn't matter if it's one game or two. People were saying they don't want it on the 3DS as they don't want to buy one.

Teal said:
olimar10238163163818323, you are missing the point. It doesn't matter if it's one game or two. People were saying they don't want it on the 3DS as they don't want to buy one.

What did you do to my name? :p
Anyway, I was just pointing it out.

^Teal prefers simple names.

I can't wait for this new AR searcher, especially because you get to send the Pokemon to B2/W2. Seems like it is definitely worth the 4 bucks. Pokedex 3D seems less appealing because of the price (and because I barely use the original one).

Xous said:
I can't fight the feeling this is going to be a "it's a Jigglypuff seen from below!" moment. >_>;
I believe you mean "seen from above" :p
I honestly think it's either Lugia or Ho-Oh, but it's obscured enough so that it LOOKS weird. Either way I'm not sure it matters.

I'm still waiting for a good Pokemon game to be released on the 3DS. Wait, scratch that. I'm waiting for any good game to be released on the 3DS, but I know that won't happen for a while yet.
It's weird how the apps for 3DS are so much better :p

I3kxg.jpg

Articuno with tail behind it, the same as its Silver sprite? 3 matching talons. The head spikes? The lumps which are also on the sprite. I don't think its a mystery as to what this pokemon is but I coloured it in for you all anyway.

Owensar said:
I3kxg.jpg

Articuno with tail behind it, the same as its Silver sprite? 3 matching talons. The head spikes? The lumps which are also on the sprite. I don't think its a mystery as to what this pokemon is but I coloured it in for you all anyway.

details at side of head?
fat short feet instead of Articuno-like ones?
tail not slightly visible to the left of its neck, which it should if that really is the tail.

And anyway, why the heck would any artist want the tail to go like that in a still picture?

The wings are so nicely drawn that I dont buy the rest.
And about the wings, Articunos look different anyway.

Owensar said:

But that ignores so many parts of the silhouette and simplifies a lot of the shapes of the silhouette (mainly the wingtops, the spikes on the side of the head, and the edges of what is marked there as the tail).

x0ogzp.png

I'm not sure what resolution image you had to go off of, but looking at the one on the main page shows many parts of the silhouette that were ignored or simplified in your image. I'm not saying you're wrong (since it may end up being Articuno, somehow...) but I'm just saying going by what's there it doesn't make as much sense as your image suggests.

Mitja said:
details at side of head?
fat short feet instead of Articuno-like ones?
tail not slightly visible to the left of its neck, which it should if that really is the tail.

And anyway, why the heck would any artist want the tail to go like that in a still picture?

The wings are so nicely drawn that I don't buy the rest.
And about the wings, Articunos look different anyway.

Those wings under the wings are the wings of the sprite. They are a 100% perfect fit. The pose is the same.

It is also fairly common practise to over-blackout images to remove the perfect outline.

The feet are obviously tucked up as shown as in the sprite (pulled close to the body talons open like an eagle) with articuno facing slightly down towards the camera. As shown below, from the front this eagles claws will seem chunky and the legs will not be visible, just like our elusive pokemon.

eagle_swoop.gif

On articuno's head are 3 triangular pieces. the 2 side pieces are visible half way up the long black bit. You can clearly see them on the original image. The tail does look strange but have you seen the Crystal sprite? Now imagine that on a 3D model.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_2c_144.gif
Spr_2c_144.gif

Here, a crummy render:

ThatPeskySilhouette.png

The shapes on the tops of the wings are too pronounced to just be the top bend of the wing, in my opinion. And then there's that long spike at the top..

That "long spike" at the top might not really be a spike at all. It could be a tail. Think about it.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
That "long spike" at the top might not really be a spike at all. It could be a tail. Think about it.

Yeah, I get that. But even so, it's an odd detail.

Honestly, I don't think this is a new Pokémon at all. I just wish the single silhouette they provided wasn't so gosh-darn ambiguous.

Xous said:
Honestly, I don't think this is a new Pokémon at all. I just wish the single silhouette they provided wasn't so gosh-darn ambiguous.
That's entertainment Nintendo's marketing division for you.

Back