(1) 'Nintendo Direct' Announces 'Pokemon AR Searcher' and 'Pokedex 3D Pro' [4/20]

Toatali said:
It's Fearow.

Except it isn't.

This looks to be VERRRY interesting, the AR searcher.

And I have to laugh at the "aw now i want a 3DS" idea.

THIS makes you want a 3DS? Wow. A new Pokemon game sure wouldn't, but a stupid download from the eShop? Wow.

don()shinobi said:
1st and 2nd gen used generic sprites for menu sprites for Pokemon in your party.
Yeah 16 years ago, on the gameboy that had sprite and text limitations. We're talking about the 3DS here, where it can hold 649+ 3D models for each pokemon. I really do not see them just having a generic bird silhouette for all bird pokemon, it's just impractical.

I do have to say, if it's a new pokemon, it's an interesting and surprising way to show off it's silhouette.

Edit: The Pokemon AR Searcher is also considered a motion control shooting game. That's one more step towards Pokemon x Call of Duty; you can't deny it.

Pokedex 3D Pro costs $18?

It had better actually have NUMBERS for the base stats. Either way, that's far too expensive, given how we already have informational sites.

All in all...I'm not impressed.

scuba steveE said:
Edit: The Pokemon AR Searcher is also considered a motion control shooting game. That's one more step towards Pokemon x Call of Duty; you can't deny it.

I'd rather see Street Fighter X Pokémon.

SONIC BOOM!

Isn't the bird Pokémon a male Unfezant? Seen from the front? https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1lWiWPmvPpaZ7B8mWlNjnyYtS6sbM_tBMJ6AYRvs2PrX_47WHvg

Or even Articuno with the tail behind his head.

I'm pretty sure the silhouette of the Pokemon in the newly released screenshot is just an Archeops ;)

AnimeUSA said:
Oh it does look like one, doesn't it!
Oh and btw, love your avvy, Yugi-player. NaruHina ftw!

Hehe, indeed NaruHina ftw!

Damn it's been a long time since I've been on this forum xD Though I'm a TCG player now xD

Not Unfezant. This bird has "hands" on its wings, similar to the monster Rodan from the Godzilla series. It isn't any known Pokemon.

And no. This AR searcher isn't a step towards FPS Pokemon.

GreenAiden555 said:
Not Unfezant. This bird has "hands" on its wings, similar to the monster Rodan from the Godzilla series. It isn't any known Pokemon.

And no. This AR searcher isn't a step towards FPS Pokemon.

Hands? It's the feather design. Like Ho-Oh.

http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/w/i/pokemon/f/f2/Ho-oh.jpg - Ho-Oh's feathers are separated.

Lugia - https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQh02bPKtAXZl4nmuMMwMuB1gkKR6B7H71Xoaxw-oFyZksXnIHq - now that's a bird with feathers.

I'm sticking to a known Pokemon seen from a different angle.

On the side of it's head it seems to have some sort of "spikes". I'm seeing the same thing on Unfeazant.

I saw this unfold live. It was epic.

$18 dollars? Really? Though I am sure when it comes to the US it will be lowered in price.

That silhouette better be a new Pokemon. Just saying.

Heh, now this should be interestng, I just can't wait to see what that is. I'm hoping new Pokemon~ Would be interesting to see.

Well, if you recall from DP, a lot of new pokes from that region didn't appear in the Sinnoh Pokedex until Platinum version. Before on DP, a lot of the new mons from Sinnoh weren't discovered until you got the National Dex. They could be doing the same thing here.

Sorry if someone already posted this, but I have two pages worth of comments (50 comments per page), and don't have time to read through all of them.

That silhouette is definitely odd. It would be strange to introduce a new Pokémon in this manner (and the timing is weird, since we're in the middle of BW2 news), but I agree it doesn't look like anything seen before.

The spikes on the side of its head don't match Unfezant's mask, since Unfezant's mask's sides come to a single point - the silhouette in question has several points to the spikes on the sides of its head. It can't be Articuno because its tail wouldn't look like anything on the silhouette (no matter how you shape it). It's not Ho-Oh because it lacks many of Ho-Oh's shapes. At first glance it does look a lot like Archeops, but unless it's super-stylized and lacks a lot of details, that's not it either. In the end... Only time will tell what the heck this thing is.

I can't fight the feeling this is going to be a "it's a Jigglypuff seen from below!" moment. >_>;

Only Articuno's wings match in my opinion, and why does Nintendo want all our money!?!?!? (don't answer that)

I definitely want to get Pokedex pro, but its too expensive. I think they need to make a PBR style game with the models that are in Pokedex Pro. As for the silouette, it could be a new pokemon. but I doubt it.

Back