(1) 'Nintendo Direct' Announces 'Pokemon AR Searcher' and 'Pokedex 3D Pro' [4/20]

Erm...Black 2/White 2 are out in Japan on 23rd June - making AR Searcher the app that's out on the same day as them, not Pokédex 3D Pro.

Anyways, while I think Pokédex 3D Pro is really overpriced, AR Searcher makes up for it. In regards to the silhouette - I agree that it's flying away from the user.

I'll buy AR Searcher, but leave Pokédex on the virtual shelf (15€!?).
I'm pretty sure that is Articuno and yeah those circles are probably targets.

Dang, now I want a 3DS. :/

Anyway, I think that the most probable scenario is that the circles are targets and we are all just too stupid. :). However, I still can't for the life of me figure out what Pokemon it is.
If there are new Pokemon, then huzzah! That's awesome. However, I doubt that it will happen. I don't really have a reason other than that we are in the middle of a generation, and I just have a gut feeling it's an already existing Pokemon.

Just my 2 cents...

TacoTurtle said:
Dang, now I want a 3DS. :/

Anyway, I think that the most probable scenario is that the circles are targets and we are all just too stupid. :). However, I still can't for the life of me figure out what Pokemon it is.
If there are new Pokemon, then huzzah! That's awesome. However, I doubt that it will happen. I don't really have a reason other than that we are in the middle of a generation, and I just have a gut feeling it's an already existing Pokemon.

Just my 2 cents...

Me too :(

the AR searcher is cool, but I wonder if you can get Shinies and stuff in it.
If you could, you could get a shiny Celebi (which is impossible now)

3DS models of all Pokemon, eh?
I wonder what they could do with those models...

EDIT: Also, the silhouette could simply be a generic bird to represent the fact that you've found a bird Pokemon. It's an app that costs $4 that actually allows you to do something...not too sure if it would have too many models of specific thingies.

Wow, this new feature seems cool.
Now I can't wait even more for B2W2 D:

As for the Pokaymon...Well, I can only think about Articuno, and if the target on wings thin is true, that must be it.
And I hope we can find Shiny Pokemon. Maybe we could finally get Shiny Victini, Shiny Zekrom and Shiny Reshiram :) Or not. I just hope it isn't pricey here in Mexico.

As for the Pokedex, I think I would pass if it's expensive.

TheOtterBoy: I don't think we can catch Unova legends with this. Others, maybe. :p

Teal said:
TheOtterBoy: I don't think we can catch Unova legends with this. Others, maybe. :p

At least there has to be an option to get Tornadus/Thundurus in the version you can't get it on. Maybe the other version exclusives?

To me, it looks most like articuno with its tail coming up from behind.

This AR searcher looks cool...imaging walking around your living room and seeing a little ralts walking by...that'd be pretty hilarious and a little scary at the same time.

The pokemon almost reminds me of Braviary...but at the same time its just...weird...
Looks to me like Archeops, or maybe even just Archen.

Nice feature though, cant wait to get it :)

Although the circles on its wings are obviously game related,
its not any pokemon we know.

Articuno with tail behind head? Yea right, no way.

Steelia said:
Who'd've thought a silhouette would be so hard to figure out.

Hmm... It looks like it's flying away from the camera (sticking its tail out at you)

You do realise the silhouette would look exactly the same regardless if its flying away or towards you?

Mitja said:
Although the circles on its wings are obviously game related,
its not any pokemon we know.
Maybe it's not a Pokemon? It could very easily be a silhouette that basically says, "Hey, you've found a bird Pokemon! Catch it to find out what it is!"

don()shinobi said:
Maybe it's not a Pokemon? It could very easily be a silhouette that basically says, "Hey, you've found a bird Pokemon! Catch it to find out what it is!"

I really dont see why they would insistingly not choose any of the actual generic bird pokemon for the shadow.

If it was a "just bird" shadow, I dont see what the specific thing over is doing there.

Regarding comparisons to Articuno:
The headpieces are too thin.
The wings are too streamlined.
The feet are not thin and long enough, or even have a similar shape.
Its not the tail otherwise it would be slightly visible left of its neck.

Theres tiny details on the sides of the head, which Articuno doesnt have.
The bulges on the wings may be some kind of target circles, but the wings are not the same as Articunos regardless.

It resembles no pokemon we know of atm.

Mitja said:
I really don't see why they would insistingly not choose any of the actual generic bird pokemon for the shadow.

If it was a "just bird" shadow, I don't see what the specific thing over is doing there.
1st and 2nd gen used generic sprites for menu sprites for Pokemon in your party.

Back