(1) New Trailer for ‘Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo’s Awakening’ [4/17]

Mooncrystal said:
I actually just went and re-watched 'Mewtwo Returns' and at the end, Giovanni captures Mewtwo in this machine that was meant to focus and enhance its abilities. If the movies follow each other closely, maybe this new forme is a result of that capture? Just another theory of course...

Edit - Added info - He was also thrown into the lake after breaking free (looked like he was using Kaioken, lol) that then causes him to become revived and he states that the water has given him 'new life'.
May explain why when Mewtwo changes form, he glows blue.

Mewtwo's female? I'm not sure how this can get any worse.

Next thing you know GAMEFREAK will give Charizard a new form and make it female.

Reggie McGigas said:

Next thing you know GAMEFREAK will give Charizard a new form and make it female.
What's wrong with Mewtwo being female? It was always genderless in the games and Team Rocket (or someone else) could have made several Mewtwos with different genders, like Lugia (Male voice in movie, but it can produce young). I always thought Mewtwo look feminine as well (both forms.)

i just wanted to correct something the one in the movie is not the same one that appeared in the series

and mewtwo for the first might appear in the somepoint of the movie..or this mewtwo could be the same but had a voice change

Reggie McGigas said:

Yes, because being female is the worst thing ever.

Also, I don't see a confirmation that this Mewtwo even IS female. So it has a higher pitched voice, big deal. Women do voiced for male characters all the time, so perhaps it is meant to be a younger sounding male. Or perhaps the voice is merely supposed to be androgynous because Mewtwo is supposed to be genderless. Even if this is a female Mewtwo, so what? Does it being female take away from its back story? Its character development? And already established history? Does making a new, female Mewtwo ruin a pre-existing/established character that you already love?

How on Earth does the gender even impact on any aspect of the character, let alone make things unable to "get any worse" from what they are?

And by the way, there already are male and female gender differences between Pokemon that were added in Gens IV and V. I guess they are all ruined too.

Reggie McGigas said:

I don't remember which season, but there's a female charizard out there and she's Ash's charizard's girlfriend :p sorry to burst your bubble...

This better be a different mewtwo. Either that or mewtwo has a sore throat. (well sore mind technically, but whatever) I thought that I would somehow be able to live with a new mewtwo form but now they're pulling some fancy gender tricks which I don't like at all. Are they trying to lose some fans here? D:

arulz said:
Reggie McGigas said:

I don't remember which season, but there's a female charizard out there and she's Ash's charizard's girlfriend :p sorry to burst your bubble...

I dont watch the TV show. PS Don't burst other's bubbles, not cool

CyberCat5555 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

What's wrong with Mewtwo being female? It was always genderless in the games and Team Rocket (or someone else) could have made several Mewtwos with different genders, like Lugia (Male voice in movie, but it can produce young). I always thought Mewtwo look feminine as well (both forms.)

Well isn't Mewtwo a powerhouse, the alpha male, the #1 creation? Makes no sense for it to be female, unless it has a sore throught.

TrainerSivan said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Yes, because being female is the worst thing ever.

finally someone who agrees. It's not that I don't like Mewtwo being female (cough) it's just, Mewtwo being female makes no sense. How can the #1 creation, the powerhouse, the superstar be a female? It's not even in the design, neither of them. Then again, Mewtwo might just be sick, and have a bad throught.

Obviously this is probably going to be a different Mewtwo, I don't think they would be careless enough to give Mewtwo a female voice just because they felt like it when they know that the original Mewtwo has a male voice.

How can the #1 creation, the powerhouse, the superstar be a female?

Please...stop...

I don't care about Mewtwo being female, sure it looks more male, but it just be a flat one :p
Srsly. Stahp cryin' kiddies.

In the pokemon world, being female is not a crime you know..

lol I don't believe those posts to be serious

keldeo had a female voice in the japanese movie but in the english version it had a male voice so i dont think mewtwo having a female voice means anything

I wouldn't mind this at all if mewtwo was never given telepathy before, but since they've given him (her or whatever it is now) a male voice before, this just doesn't seem right.

the most logical type sylveon could be is normal, and dont tell me its a love type because its pink and cutsie, a lot of normal types are like that!

So what I think is that the Mewtwo in this movie is going to be a clone that the original Mewtwo created. Blah blah blah Amber blah blah blah lonely.

I also think that they may make Mewtwo have a gender and that only a female Mewtwo can change to this forme.

Another theory I have is that The team to be introduced in Gen 6 is either going to be Team Rocket or a new team introduced in this movie that is affiliated with Team Rocket (leaning more towards new team). The reason I say this is because, I think that they are trying to go more into genetics which was used to create Mewtwo and Genesect (I could be completely wrong as i didn't really pay much attention to Genesect). This team would use the research from Team Rocket and Team Plasma to their own needs. (Only time can tell what will happen)

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this information or it was repeated.

All of you complaining about it's gender...

I've taken many looks at the anime clips, aswell as this manga and determined that this is a new Mewtwo.
When we take into consideration the reading order, the scientists (which also are blasted in the window by genesect!! HINT HINT), and Mewtwo's actions in the manga, this mewtwo was created as a clone. There have been many attempts at cloning Mewtwo in the canons so I don't see why you people are so angry about the possibility of another one. There have been many mewtwos before, and you zoom in on this one because of it's gender? And don't say that's not a reason because I see so many sexist comments it's mindblowing, where did you get your people skills guys? >8U

"It's legendary and a powerhouse! IT CAN'T BE FEMALE" Oh okay so you're telling me out of the female versions of legendary Pokemon, a cloned Mewtwo can't be one of em?

But anyway, in that manga, it seems this new clone was scared upon first opening it's eyes and fled. Then possibly later returns because she finally learned a few things or two about life. If you paid attention to the panels - Dr.Fuji is not there, and it is not the same lab as before - thus, we can take into thought that this is not the same Mewtwo Ash knows. As if that wasn't implied already. I like this idea though, perhaps it will give us a legendary breeding mechanic in X and Y.

As for Sylveon's type.
I put together a lot of factors about it and determined it's either Bug or Poison type. c'B but that's just my findings (Nympheas. Look em up. They also have an alternate with Sylph in it, mostly all poisonous flowers, they're even seen in the background of the movie!)

Reggie McGigas said:
CyberCat5555 said:

Well isn't Mewtwo a powerhouse, the alpha male, the #1 creation? Makes no sense for it to be female, unless it has a sore throught.

Since when was Mewtwo "the alpha male?" it is genderless and will always be so, maybe your precious first movie Mewtwo was female, but she had a bad cold or something? How does it being female make it any less powerful? Your nostalgia means nothing now. Accept the present. Why would Team Rocket only make one Mewtwo? Maybe someone found Mewtwo's DNA and modified it so that can switch forms and become harder, better, faster, and stronger? I personally like it that GameFreak is changing up the same old recipe of "legendary Pokemon with deep, manly voices." I feel that Gen 6 will be a refreshing change to the series.
Unrelated, I am pretty sure that another enemy team created the new Mewtwo and one of the Genesects (the one that Ash was petting in the manga) because Mewtwo and her companion tried to protect Ash and co. from the evil Genesect gang. Just a guess, though.

CyberCat5555 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Since when was Mewtwo "the alpha male?" it is genderless and will always be so, maybe your precious first movie Mewtwo was female, but she had a bad cold or something? How does it being female make it any less powerful? Your nostalgia means nothing now. Accept the present. Why would Team Rocket only make one Mewtwo? Maybe someone found Mewtwo's DNA and modified it so that can switch forms and become better, faster, and stronger? I personally like it that GameFreak is changing up the same old recipe of "legendary Pokemon with deep, manly voices." I feel that Gen 6 will be a refreshing change to the series.

Fun Facts to help support this, mostly done by manga however but:
- The first Movie's Manga Adaptation clearly states that after Mewtwo's creation, Team Rocket began to set things up to Mass Produce more Mewtwos.
- There are some possible survivors (If there are survivors in game, I don't see why there can't be in the anime) who could have tried making a more timid mewtwo. (as I pointed out above, it isn't the same team that made the first one)
- There have been more than 1 attempts at this. (Holon's Mewtwo, Mirage Mewtwo )
- Most of what people deem as "Alpha-Male" pokemon have had canon- if not- IMPLIED canon genders outside of the alpha-"male". Mama Lugia in the anime, Entei in Try Adventure has many implications of being a girl, and Yamamoto refers to the Reshiram in Adventures as "She" and "Her" (to add to this, with it's recent appearance in the manga - Reshiram has cleavage, feminine facial expressions, and breasts).

I would LOVE for a Legendary Breeding Mechanic in X and Y! Would make going after perfect ones of these guys MUCH easier! XD

Back