(1) New Trailer for ‘Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo’s Awakening’ [4/17]

Serperior said:
Setosama said:
So wait... A different Mewtwo? NOT the one from Mewtwo Strikes Back?! THERE ARE NOW MULTIPLE MEWTWO IN THE ANIME?! O.O

Pokémon is being ruined by the newer animé. I'm done. I don't understand anything anymore.

Nothing's being ruined. There's a big hint (the female voice) that it's a totally different Mewtwo than the one from Kanto anyway.

frezgle said:
Serperior said:
Pokémon is being ruined by the newer animé. I'm done. I don't understand anything anymore.

A franchise stays the same: "WOW they are running out of ideas"
A franchise changes something that was fine as it was: "WOW this whole thing is ruined now"

Edited with the truth.

Don't touch my Mewtwo. Thanks.

A few things I'm thinking:
>Sylveon is probably a new type, at this point. There's an ever-dwindling chance of it being Flying or Bug, but it looks like a new type based on fairies/cosmic-like power is likely. Or maybe it's a normal/light/love type.

>Mewtwo with a female voice? More than likely a new clone, or some seriously bad voice acting choices.

>Those Genesect are really hardcore. That scene with the explosions firing off in the city and all those people panicking in the streets reminds me a lot of a certain recent event. Am I the only one that thought of it?

>Speaking of Genesect, one of them looked to be on Ash's side. I wonder how did that come to be.

Serperior said:
Don't touch my Mewtwo. Thanks.

I wasn't aware you owned the creative rights to Mewtwo. d:
They can do whatever they want with "your" Pokemon; if they wanted to put a goofy face on Mewtwo's butt they'd have every right to.

Also,
it's forme change.
As in it can change back, and you don't have to use it. Shocking!

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
A few things I'm thinking:
>Sylveon is probably a new type, at this point. There's an ever-dwindling chance of it being Flying or Bug, but it looks like a new type based on fairies/cosmic-like power is likely. Or maybe it's a normal/light/love type.

>Mewtwo with a female voice? More than likely a new clone, or some seriously bad voice acting choices.

>Those Genesect are really hardcore. That scene with the explosions firing off in the city and all those people panicking in the streets reminds me a lot of a certain recent event. Am I the only one that thought of it?

>Speaking of Genesect, one of them looked to be on Ash's side. I wonder how did that come to be.

YEAH... I'm starting to think new type for Sylveon too... But I wouldn't be abject to Normal. :/

I really can't decide how I feel about this. On one side, the huge voice change kind of takes away from the nostalgia, since it means that this is a completely different Mewtwo from the first movie (at least I would certainly hope so at this point, giving it that drastic of a change and claiming its the same one would be a little ridiculous!)
I also wonder how there even could be another Mewtwo. I've always thought of Mewtwo as being a one-of-a-kind Pokemon. As far as we knew, a single Mewtwo was created and grew up in the Team Rocket lab and then ended up destroying the lab later on, along with any information on Mewtwo. So, how could another Mewtwo exist? Im not saying I don't like the idea necessarily, I legitimately would like to see what kind of back story they give for that.

On another hand, this means there is more than one Mewtwo.. that itself is pretty awesome. Not something Im used to, but can get used to.

NOW ABOUT THAT SYLVEON. A lot of people were really doubting even the possibility of a new type such as Light or Fairy. How strong are those opinions, now? :p Before I was about 70 Flying/30 New (it alternated like every other day however)... now im reversed completely (again).
It really changes based on the evidence I see. And right now, this is a pretty strong one.

Where is the pic of Sylveon? I can't find it in the main page.

EDIT: Just say the update in the front page. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same Mewtwo with a new voice actor. It would be interesting the idea of Sylveon being a new type. Its just mysterious the Sylveon part but I wouldn't be surprised if it finishes ghost Normal or Flying.

Flygon2071 said:
Where is the pic of Sylveon? I can't find it in the main page.

EDIT: Just say the update in the front page. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same Mewtwo with a new voice actor. It would be interesting the idea of Sylveon being a new type. Its just mysterious the Sylveon part but I wouldn't be surprised if it finishes ghost Normal or Flying.

It's in the trailer, near the end.

jynxed said:
I've never seen the mods of a Pokémon site hate Pokémon so much.

Don't generalize. The other mods don't hate Pokémon, and I don't hate Pokémon. I love it, which is why it is my hobby and I've spent so much time on this site discussing and learning about it. I was excited when I heard we were getting Mewtwo back, but I personally find its new forme and design ridiculous.

And shouts out to frezgle - I understand I don't own Mewtwo per se, and sure, they can do whatever they want to it, but lots of older fans like myself find strong nostalgia in the original Mewtwo, and its entity as a one-and-only Legendary Pokémon.

Absolutely despise the new Mewtwo forme. Sylveon is also terribly designed and completely unfit to stand with the other eons.

Wha? Every Eeveelution looks like toddlers' artwork (except Leafeon). My opinion on the amount of effort they put on Eevee at all. Sylveon looks more interesting than any of them with a better name...

What do you think Mewtwo's new forme based off of?

frezgle said:
it's forme change.
As in it can change back, and you don't have to use it. Shocking!

But WHY? Give some reason they had to create a form change.

Zielo said:
I really can't decide how I feel about this. On one side, the huge voice change kind of takes away from the nostalgia, since it means that this is a completely different Mewtwo from the first movie (at least I would certainly hope so at this point, giving it that drastic of a change and claiming its the same one would be a little ridiculous!)
I also wonder how there even could be another Mewtwo. I've always thought of Mewtwo as being a one-of-a-kind Pokemon. As far as we knew, a single Mewtwo was created and grew up in the Team Rocket lab and then ended up destroying the lab later on, along with any information on Mewtwo. So, how could another Mewtwo exist? Im not saying I don't like the idea necessarily, I legitimately would like to see what kind of back story they give that.

I agree. The voice change does take away the old nostalgic moments, but that doesn't necessarily mean a new Pokemon, or character. In the trailer, they show Mewtwo closing its eyes, then a bit white light appeared. Boom, a new forme (which I still dislike). Brock and Ash also got voice changes over the years, and as they weren't so big of a jump, but who knows? Also, I don't think another Mewtwo could exist. Evidence was most likely erased, but the scientists did survive. And if I'm not mistaken, Giovanni wanted to control Mewtwo? Maybe it has to do something with Team Rocket, as they couldn't find a way to control Mewtwo (if this is a new Mewtwo, and not a form for the old one).

I'm sure I'll get use to the forme, not saying I hate it, but taking it as it comes. Definitely agree though, in a way, some of us older fans are reluctant to changes and we have a right to be. Pokemon affects us in different ways, some more than others, I know for me...Pokemon was a way of life. A statement and rebellious act to people who mocked me (at school and relatives) and a church that labeled it evil (Which subsequently made Pokemon banned in the household when I was younger). Hey, this is my thing so bug off. So Generation 1 and 2 has that special meaning to me. But eventually things change or stay the same and all we gotta do is roll with the punches, warm up to it eventually, or sit in Nostalgia Land. Any of those options are fine and our right.

Suitcune said:
Brock and Ash also got voice changes over the years, and as they weren't so big of a jump, but who knows?

NOT IN JAPAN THEY DIDN'T! Ash Ketchum (Satoshi) has ALWAYS been voiced by Rika Matsumoto in the original Japanese AND STILL PLAYS HIM TO THIS DAY!!! Yuji Ueda likewise ALWAYS was the voice of Brock in Japan as well.

If this is the same Mewtwo as The First Movie, this would be a first for Japan to pull a voice switch on an established character, and I've NEVER heard of them doing that before now in any long running series. Thus leading to the ONLY logical conclusion of this since Japan doesn't pull this bullshit on us like PUSA does: IT. IS. A. DIFFERENT. MEWTWO. PSYCHED!!!!!! 8D

Water Pokémon Master said:
I hate Pokemon though.

Yeah... I call bullshit. XD

Back