(1) New Trailer for ‘Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo’s Awakening’ [4/17]

The Mewtwo transformation bit was interesting ("Does not represent actual gameplay footage" - no duh), but I juuuust missed the airing of the Genesect trailer on Oha Suta... It'll be nice to see when it's uploaded.

OvO Pokémon.com really just showed us a clip from the Genesect movie! :O Confirmed! The Genesect movie is already in progress of being dubbed!

Hmm couldn't figure out what Sylveon's pink egg-thing at the end of the Pikachu short trailer may relate to. I could see a wing shape on the egg, but it may look like a bug wing also. Doesn't look like there will be another eeveelution in it.

Really excited about Mewtwo's new form. They could still shock everyone with the new form actually being an evolution. At least it rules out a fusion, pre-evolution or whatever. I personally think it's a form with rearranged stats and no new type.

I got confused when the water pokémon were trying to put out the fire and the shiny Genesect attacked Ash and the others, including the Genesect with the blue drive. WTH

What the heck? I don't know about you guys but jeez, Sylveon's gotten much more interesting. (Glowy bows? Time Travel? Whaaat.)

On the Sylveon thing, the symbol in the circle at the end resembles the badge from the Unova bug gym.

...Interesting. Since it has a female voice, maybe it's not the same Mewtwo after all. Maybe it's only THIS Mewtwo, that someone else created (possibly from the same blueprints, only even more improved upon?) that can change into the new Forme. It would make more sense than giving that ability to Movie 1's Mewtwo.

So wait... A different Mewtwo? NOT the one from Mewtwo Strikes Back?! THERE ARE NOW MULTIPLE MEWTWO IN THE ANIME?! O.O

I don't know what you guys are so upset about. It's not like the Americans haven't messed with gender before~

frezgle said:
...Interesting. Since it has a female voice, maybe it's not the same Mewtwo after all. Maybe it's only THIS Mewtwo, that someone else created (possibly from the same blueprints, only even more improved upon?) that can change into the new Forme. It would make more sense than giving that ability to Movie 1's Mewtwo.

Thats a very interesting point, I hope this is true!!

Darn.. I was actually kinda hoping that the same awesome Mewtwo would come back and be amazing as usual!

However, I'd be interested to see how a new Mewtwo was created and how it can change formes!

Looking at the movie's official site now, it looks pretty set on stone that it's indeed a forme, as those arrows indicate it can reverse back to the regular forme. On the thumbnail, it's written "after awakening" and on the description with the full picture, they only call it "Awakened Mewtwo". So no official forme name yet.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php

I can't help but wonder how Mewtwo will transform in the game. Going to find it really strange if it turns out there's more than one too. I like the look of the new forme though.

Setosama said:
So wait... A different Mewtwo? NOT the one from Mewtwo Strikes Back?! THERE ARE NOW MULTIPLE MEWTWO IN THE ANIME?! O.O

Pokémon is being ruined by the newer animé. I'm done. I don't understand anything anymore.

Serperior said:
Setosama said:

Pokémon is being ruined by the newer animé. I'm done. I don't understand anything anymore.

A franchise stays the same: "WOW they are running out of ideas"
A franchise changes: "WOW this whole thing is ruined now"

KurowaSan said:
Looking at the movie's official site now, it looks pretty set on stone that it's indeed a forme, as those arrows indicate it can reverse back to the regular forme. On the thumbnail, it's written "after awakening" and on the description with the full picture, they only call it "Awakened Mewtwo". So no official forme name yet.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/pokemon/long.php

You totally read my mind! As soon as I saw this news, I went to that site and saw this:

http://i.imgur.com/wdpyuM7.jpg

The two hexagons below Mewtwo do mean something as some of us thought!

And when you click the small picture of Mewtwo's new forme there:

http://i.imgur.com/UfKHL4C.jpg

You can toggle between formes.

A friend of mine also mentioned when the new Mewtwo forme came out that it reminded him a little bit of Arceus.

The movie hid information all the time.

First, they made us thought it was just 1 Genesect.
Then, they announced that it would be 5, 1 shiny and it would learn extremespeed (it was about the same 2 weeks, I don't remember what happened first).
Mewtwo was then added to the movie with "Mewtwo's awakening".
Newtwo came later in this month.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are still missing to reveal something.

Back