Victini3000 said:
What dragon pluse im seeing it again tommorow

Watch Iris in the beginning while she is fighting Hydreigon

RE: (1) Movie 14 Goodies This Weekend + PokéBeach Contest Details [12/2]

VastWhite said:
Watch Iris in the beginning while she is fighting Hydreigon

Yes hydragio. Is shiny in white and glork is shiny in black

It. Was. Amazing! Had its up and downs, but... I liked it alot... It's great to see Pokemon at work, honestly! Went all the way up to my grandmothers in Dallas to see it! WOOT! Zekrom, is my favorite. The whole reason I bought white!

I went to the movie today at Contra Costa Cinemas in Martinez, CA. The goodie bags were a pleasant surprise - especially the jumbo Victini, which is awesome.

I didn't expect the movie to be a masterpiece - Pokemon movies are good in their own way, but they aren't really supposed to be comparable to other American movies. This movie was no exception. I liked going to this movie due to the novelty of seeing a Pokemon movie in theaters - not because the movie was actually good.

One of my friends - who used to follow Pokemon but no longer does - did not like that the movie only includes Unova Pokemon. I believe this is a good point - in the US, a Pokemon movie needs to address old fans. It's unfortunate that it was this movie that was brought to theaters - many other Pokemon movies included older Pokemon along with the newer ones.

So here's the verdict: I think that Pokemon movies could go over well in the United States. However, the movie(s) would have to be tailored toward the American audience. That means it needs old Pokemon, references to the original TV series, and a more compelling and dramatic plot (not just, "Ash and friends do something on their adventure and then keep going as if nothing happened").

But another way to put it is this: If WPM (or anybody else) made a live-action Pokemon movie, it would be great.

I went to the movie at the Grossmont Center Stadium 10 in La Mesa, CA with my brother. I was hoping it would be a good theater since we never been to that one and lucky it wasn't too far. I was a little disappointed that there were no signs indicated the movie or any posters. I was a a bit worried when I bought my ticket that not many people were going to be there since there was no line and 15 minutes before show time. I was excited to get our free goodie bags since I was worried they would run out or not have them at our theater since not all theaters had them apparently. I really enjoyed the goodie bag and got more than I expected. I especially love the over sized Victini card. The theater itself wasn't very impressive and we both didn't really like it. The theater smelled of lemons, like they have just cleaned it. There was popcorn all over the floor that had not been cleaned yet. But what bothered me the most was that they had previews showing, but the picture wasn't on so all we could hear was the sound. I enjoy watching the previews since it passes time and there always exciting to watch.

Everyone was excited for the movie to start and you could feel it in the air. There weren't many people when the movie started which made me a little sad. However, a couple minutes into the movie, more people arrived and it got about half way packed which made me happy. When the movie started everyone was cheering. I enjoyed the movie very much and think it's one of the best. I adore Victini and loved how cute he acted. It also was nice to see Pokemon use ash a comic relief instead of always using Team Rocket. I was a little disappointed Team Rocket didn't do a little more in the movie, but it was nice to see them. The music in the movie was amazing and send a shiver through me, including the whole experience. It's been to long since I actually saw a movie in theaters and have been waiting months for this. One part that made me a bit mad was in the middle of the movie, the screen turned off, although we could hear the sound and we had to wait a minute for the person to fix it. That part wouldn't have bothered me as much if they would have re-winded it back for the part we missed or at least apologized for the inconvenience. Lucky though, a couple seconds after it was fixed, there was a flash back of what happened so we did know somewhat of what happened.

The effects were stunning and I could tell they really went all out for this movie. It was very sad to see how lonely Victini was and I couldn't help but tear when Victini finally was able to go to the ocean. The fight between the two legendaries was amazing, although I wish we were able to see more. Ash riding on Zekrom was very epic too me. Both of the legendaries had amazing voices and I enjoyed all the dubbing in this movie. Once the movie ended everyone was clapping and full of excitement. It's funny though since not many people got up once the movie was over since they know the credit are always good in Pokemon movies. Only Pokemon can make the end credits of a movie interesting ha ha. I always enjoy watching them as well. Overall, even though the theaters wasn't the best, I still won't let that ruin my experience or how much I enjoyed the movie. Hopefully in the future more Pokemon movies will be in theaters.

Wow, the movie was up there with some of the older ones in terms of quality.

This movie was a great break from what I felt were the cut and paste plots of the past. A Pokemon becomes enraged, usually because of some Evil Human's doing, and then Ash and co. must save the world from the impending doom that that Pokemon brings. Not for this movie. The plot was mostly original, from what I could tell: A well-meaning person tries to return his people to their land of the past by harnessing a Pokemon's power, but is unaware of the disastrous consequences. Plus, the climax of the movie took a turn away from usual, too, something that I haven't seen since about the First Movie (Although I haven't seen Zoroark: Master of Illusions, but I do hear that it was rather bad). There is actually an abyss (Referring to the Hero's Journey, of course) For a second, it almost seemed as if Ash wouldn't make it out alive, something almost every Pokemon Movie since the first didn't have. Also, it seemed as if Victini wouldn't have made it out alive, either. Until the final scene, that is. However, I felt as if Victini shouldn't have magically come back to life. I felt that Victini should have just been left to fate, with Ash's line "Victini, we made it to the ocean," (or something like that) was a sufficient wrap up of his plot; fulfilling, yet lacking the unfortunate cheesiness of Pokemon. Meh, I can't have everything.

As far as everything else, the thing that really caught my attention was the music. I loved the soundtrack, every last bit of it. The music flowed really well with the movie, and it was just pleasing to the ear. I didn't notice any problems with the dubbing, and the animation flowed smoothly. I had no complaints about this section of the movie.

Of course, what would be a Decmaster post without humor in it? I nearly laughed when Ash, Pikachu, and Victini were freezing to death in space. Why? Because Victini is a FIRE type! And it was selfish enough to keep all its fiery warmth to itself. Scumbag hat to you, Victini. Also, Victini only decided to break the barriers as soon as Ash passed out. Not before, after. Is to possible to have a Scumbag hat for a Scumbag hat?

Now, for the overall rating of the movie. When rating Pokemon Movies, I usually rate them on a scale of Pokemon movies themselves. With only a few exceptions, Pokemon movies tend to decrease in rating as the movies go on, with one being the best. So, I have to give this movie a placing around six, which is pretty great for, what, the 13th?, movie in the set. Good job, Pokemon, reinforcing the code that we all know and love; for bringing back the that nostalgic feeling within us.

@EricDLee, I went to that one, too! I wish I knew you were going.

Decmaster out.

2eo8shz.jpg

I really wanted to go see it, but it wasn't showing in any nearby places :(

I saw the movie at the AMC at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, WI.

With that out of the way, my thoughts on the movie. As the movies tend to go, it follows the fashion of not being in very good cannon with the series, which is actually a positive comment since I find it much easier to keep up with the movies than the show and means I don't have to catch up with the show to know what's happening in the movie. They also managed to grab a couple of very recognizable voice actors I haven't heard in a while, for example: Michael Baley, the voice of Odion from Yu-Gi-Oh in the english dub (fantastic voice). The plot of the film was actually quite catching in comparison to some earlier Pokemon movies and it was pleasing to see a lot of the plot actually was referencing the history of Resharim and Zekrom that was told in the actual games, which we don't often see in animation for Pokemon. It was also refreshing to not have a completely designated "bad guy" of the film, instead a play off of opposing viewpoints between two characters that references the historical story told and gives good reason for Resharim and Zekrom to appear instead of a forced appearance or a random "awakening" of the two. I did feel that team rocket was just lumped into the movie for the sake of them being there and were rather pointless even for comic relief this time around, but, to make up for it, we get to see a shiny Hydreigon (or shiny in general, which is rarely in any animation for Pokémon) and some amusing scenes of Victini using it's powers to give Ash and his Pokemon infallible victory to make Ash jump insanely far across a cliffside or make Tepig beat a Samurott with Ember (I laughed so hard at that). Continuing on Victini, it's back story was pretty heart wrenching, but it was a bit like other tiny legendary Pokemon featured in other movies: incredibly adorable and innocent in everything it does and enjoys chowing-down on something tasty, but very shy and cautious. Not a bad thing because, if you have a good formula that works in your movies for characters like these, use it, but I felt it could have used a little more personality to differentiate it from previous movies' tiny legendaries. Lastly, more pertaining to both movies, I like the idea they had to make two movies for Black and White instead of one and that they are both different movies. Getting back into the specifics of this movie, I enjoyed that they decided to use the ancient culture/ruins approach which felt like an homage to White Forest from Pokemon White. That's my thoughts/short critique on the movie, it has it's problems, but all movies do and it's Pokemon, so I rather enjoy mistakes for the fun of it than to rag on it and I had fun with it because it's Pokemon in general.

P.S.: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCEEEE!!!!

I drove an hour in the pouring rain to see the new movie at the Wynnsong 16 Theater in Johnston Iowa. I had not seen a pokemon movie in theaters since Pokemon 3: Spell of the Unown. I arrived an hour early expecting a large crowd but only a handfull of others showed up. The streetpass feature on my 3DS picked up someone new though. After enlisting the three friends I had brought along in a search for a pokemon movie poster and coming up emty handed I asked the manager if one was hidden somewhere I had neglected to check. She informed me none were sent to them. At least they had enough gift bags for all of us. It was a great movie even though there was no villians. Jessie, James, and Meowth did not have much screen time even if you count them as villians. I must catch the other movie on Cartoon Network next week so I can look for differences!

This movie was pretty good! ^^ I thought what was most interesting was that the 'villain' of the story turned out to be the 'hero' we presumed Damon to be in the beginning of the movie. Victini was really cute and I loved how Ash finally, after all these years, just bluntly said "I'm always hungry." XD

Saw it at Norwalk 20 in CA :3

Anyone else think it was funny how Ash dying while Victini and Pikachu were okay, almost proves Pokemon are like aliens? Apparently they can survive in space 8P

Anyone going to the one at Fair Lakes Rave Cinemas in Fair Oaks VA?Well I will be very easy to spot.I will be a short kid in a wheelchair sadly as I broke my leg and have a condtion I do not want to disclose.Also talk about Ironic but I bought 2 NV packs.I had'nt bought any pokemon for about 3 months.I also bought 4 Yugioh Photon Shockwave and got crap.Well I got 1 NV pack with Victini on it from the 1st spot,and 1 with Kyurem from the last and Target.1st pack I got Victini FA! First FA I have pulled :) also got a RH V-Blast Victini in the same pack! 2nd Pack had a Fliptini.

My entry:

Theater Attended: Showcase Cinemas Lowell 14 32 Reiss Ave. Lowell, MA 01853

I loved the special bonds Ash and Victini made together. I thought it was sweet when I saw them playing in a garden together. I thought that it was very touching to the heart. The begining was very cool to watch and I found a bit of it humorus the way Scraggy reacted to Victini's power. I was hoping that Team Rocket would be funny, cheesy, and rhymy like in the older movies, but that was like an atom compared to the movie's sheer awsomeness. Victini was halarious when it ate a macaron and burped. I thought that when Victini used V-Create that the image was really good.

Music: 5 out of 5 stars
Graphics: 5 out of 5 stars
Voices: 5 out of 5 stars
Cheesiness (The good kind) : 5 out of 5 stars
Halarity: 5 out of 5 stars

Overall rating: 5 out 5 stars

Now for the other stuff!!! I thought that the goodie bag was very generous! My sister traded her Jumbo Victini to me! :D Victini and Zekrom was SO good that it became my 2nd favorite movie! (Nothing beats Jirachi for me!) I hope that everyone who sees it enjoys it! I just love Victini! Right now I'm thinking "Victini Victini Victini League Night Victini Victini Victini..."! YAY POKEMON MOVIE IN THEATERS!!!

We went to see it today! We drove four hours to see it at the Wynnsong theater in Murfreesboro, Tennessee (we being myself and my husband who are both 29, lol).

It's been over a decade since I've seen a Pokemon movie in the theaters and I wasn't about to miss my chance to see Victini on the big screen. We both felt it was more than worth it to drive the distance there and home just to see the movie. I guess you could call us Poke-maniacs. :p

We really loved the parts of the movie where they utilized the abilities or features of Pokemon to help with certain tasks. Kinda like the Mayor that used the Klink, Klang, and Klinkklang to turn the gears in his machinery and the Golurk that was used for it's strength to pull the wagon. I've always enjoyed seeing practical uses like that for Pokemon in the movies and the show. It makes them more than just creatures to battle with. :)

:( The movie theatre I went to didn't have any giveaways at all for anyone.The manager said the person that was supposed to distribute these never showed up. Neither theatre location near me had the special tickets.
The theatre that didn't have the promos was the Bowtie in Richmond, VA
Xous said:
o_O They're giving all of those away to everyone who goes to see it? (While supplies last, of course.) That's awesome.

I literally just ordered the tickets for my brothers and I, so we'll be seeing the film together. There's only one showing at the theatre near us, so I was glad they didn't sell out.

question is just wondering how many people actually didn't get the giveaways at all i know that in NYC more than half the theatres didnt get anything or even knew about it

Counting in this thread, like 5-6 probably, including myself. I sent a complaint to both AmStar and Cinedigm, so hopefully in a couple days I'll get a response. It's one thing to not offer it at any theater, but when I get two e-mails saying every attendee will receive it, and I was one of the first there and got nothing, it's poor business on their part.

Decmaster said:
@EricDLee, I went to that one, too! I wish I knew you were going.

Cool! I went with some of my friends (we're all teenagers) and we sat in the back row.

I find odd that the other NYC theaters weren't giving out the goodie bags. The Jamaica Center one in Queens had them and that's not in a particularity good neighborhood. It's also pretty out of the way for most New Yorkers.

Went to See the movie at Delmont, PA Carmike Cinema and thought it was great.
I was able to get the gift bags for each person I went with and we all got the stuff we were promised. Sorry about what happened to other guys.
I love the giant card and will this be a trend? Giant card with 13th and 14th movies...
The movie was good and worked out best as the version they choose. Can't wait for the one next weekend as well.
Over all very good movie. Can't rate it cause there is too many movies now (14 now wow I feel old...)
Other than that great experience and hope they do it again. Low turn out for my theater though maybe 25 people but what are you going to do. Still hope they do this with the 15th movie.

OH and I met a cool girl dressed in a pikachu outfit and helped me out with taking my picture in the movie poster which they had there.

I totally missed it on the way in.

I wasn't able to get her contact information but if you see this email me at [email protected].

Thats all Folks.

Theater - Carmike Cinema (colonial mall location) in Myrtle Beach, SC

Thought the movie was alright. Definitely dragged in the later bits. Team Rocket seemed just trivially wedged in the movie with no real purpose. I hated the fact that the Dragons talked. But nevertheless it was awesome to finally see a new pokemon movie in theaters after all these years. I really hope that they do the same for future movies too! Lets just hope next time (if there is one) it gets more promotion. Seriously I didn't see a single commercial for the movie and there were like 10 people at the theater I went to.

Back