(1) Mega Tyranitar, Aggron, Gengar, and Kangaskhan in ‘CoroCoro’ [10/10]

DNA said:
Apparently, there is something special about Delphox's "Magical Flame" attack - another dual-type move?
It's like 80 base power and lowers the opponent's special attack. Total waste of potential for a fire/psychic dual type move
Lovely*Feraligatr said:
Actually Chestnaught refers to the Chestnut and a Dreadnaught once of the best navy ships during WW2, Delphox refers to Delphi (The place where oracles where made) and a fox.
Lemur said:
referring to Chesnaught, I think they were making a play on words of dreadnaught, which, since the chespin line is supposedly like a warrior/tank type pokemon makes sense. A dreadnaught is someone who is fearless and warriors are portrayed as fearless fighters.
I'm pretty sure it's juggernaut. Juggernaut is what you're thinking of, Lemur, a Dreadnought is a type of ship. I'd like to point out that Dreadnought is spelled with an o.
Sheriff_K said:
Wait a second... Shadow Tag is good? It isn't bad? o_0

Everyone on 4chan /vp/ was all like: "Nuuu~ Mega-Gengar sucks, he isn't viable, he doesn't have Levitate, he's not psychic, he's useless, blah blah.."
/vp/ doesn't know shit about competitive play; Shadow Tag is one of the best abilities in the game and being 4x weak to Sucker Punch is terrible.

Shadow Tag is essentially the ultimate ability since the apex of battling, especially competitive, is the switch. It is the single feature that defines competition and contrasts the typically pitiful stationary style of AI battles. It made a completely useless Pokemon in Wobbuffet into taboo for multiple generations. There are a number of ways it can be exploited based on the user in question. In Mega Gengar's case, it will trap and destroy everything that is vulnerable to it, which is quite a long list considering its greatly boosted stats. It even outspeeds Choice Scarf Tyranitar, eliminating the risk of Pursuit that limited Gothitelle to top tier OU instead of outright Uber. The small list of things that are able to withstand Mega Gengar are easily taken care of with 5 other team slots. To suggest Shadow Tag is anything other than uncompetitive, especially in capable hands, is really quite absurd.

Mega Aggron is going to be really hard to bring down now that's it's pure steel and has filter which half super-effective hits!

So far the Mega evolutions have added 100 more to their stats, so it could be something like: 70/140/220/70/100/30

I'm happy, though confused as to why, Aggron loses it's Rock typing. Maybe it refined the rocks on it's body? Though, I'd rather have the Fire weakness over 4x Fighting and Ground weakness (Plus Filter. YAY). Really love this guy.
Also, although it gains the Shadow Tag ability, MegaGengar is... not my favorite. First of all, since it takes a turn to MegaEvolve, Gengar wont be popping up and trapping anyone unless he had previously MegaEvolved. And then without Levitate, he gains Ground weakness. :(
I understand MegaCharizard X can go in Sky Battles, but since Gengar is practically phasing through the floor, I wonder how that will look. I mean, at least Gengar is proven to float (Also makes me wonder how Electross will work...).

I love all the new pokemon. All this bad@ass megas O.O .

The starters look ok now.

Delphox - .8.5 Grew on me a bit

Greninja-.8.5 what happened to my beautiful white :(

Chesnaught- 7.5 dat face.

Keeper of Night said:
I'm happy, though confused as to why, Aggron loses it's Rock typing. Maybe it refined the rocks on it's body? Though, I'd rather have the Fire weakness over 4x Fighting and Ground weakness (Plus Filter. YAY). Really love this guy.
Also, although it gains the Shadow Tag ability, MegaGengar is... not my favorite. First of all, since it takes a turn to MegaEvolve, Gengar wont be popping up and trapping anyone unless he had previously MegaEvolved. And then without Levitate, he gains Ground weakness. :(
I understand MegaCharizard X can go in Sky Battles, but since Gengar is practically phasing through the floor, I wonder how that will look. I mean, at least Gengar is proven to float (Also makes me wonder how Electross will work...).

I thought it was confirmed you could mega evo whenever as long as the pokemon is out, or do you have to be able to attack to mega evolve?

Wait so Aron is exclusive to X, Larvitar is exclusive to Y and their Mega evo's are exclusive to the opposite games? Grr...them friggin trolls. Was going with Y because i wanted Yveltal, but looking at the list of Y exclusives there really isnt much there i want. X has everything i want and is just missing my Mega Charizard Y, Yveltal, and now it seems my Mega Aggron. Sigh...they aint making this easy on me..at all.

You know, speaking of Mega Gengar, I was reminded of something I saw once...

Put in spoiler tags, for those who would rather be surprised later

45.png

I love everything in Pokemon X and Y . Only the final evolution of starter that I can't accept .
For me even Ken Sugimori artwork can't help it look better .

Hopefully next gen we won't end up with the horrible design of starter again .

It was already said many times, that you can mega evolve any time and it doesn't take up your turn.
So yes, you can Shadow Tag anyone you want :)

About to go to bed, sorry if it's been asked before:

PLEASE tell me that Mega Aggron can somehow be traded to X? I saw it, looked at it for three minutes straight just looking at the amazing design... Then saw that it's exclusive to Y. Exclusive means.... What though? Literally can't even use in X, or just can't get naturally?

I need him. Neeeed. ;-;

SotS said:

PLEASE tell me that Mega Aggron can somehow be traded to X? I saw it, looked at it for three minutes straight just looking at the amazing design... Then saw that it's exclusive to Y. Exclusive means.... What though? Literally can't even use in X, or just can't get naturally?

I need him. Neeeed. ;-;

I personally think it means you can find the stone only in Pokemon Y, but trade it. Like version exclusive pokemon.

Well I HOPE SO anyway, 'cause I need Mega Tyranitar :3

Has anyone noticed that Greninja *might* not have lost its bubbles. Its official art depicts that its white spots are sort of bubble generators as they have a sort of pop-up effect in the art. Kind of neat if you ask me.

Re: RE: (1) Mega Tyranitar, Aggron, Gengar, and Kangaskhan in ‘CoroCoro’ [10/10]

Minous2 said:
SotS said:

I need him. Neeeed. ;-;

I personally think it means you can find the stone only in Pokemon Y, but trade it. Like version exclusive pokemon.

I'm getting X, and while I love Tyranitar, Aggron looks like the better deal to me.

Mega Gengar's design is a little disappointing but with another of my favorite pokemon getting a mega evolution I can't complain. This is really awesome.

As for the others they look pretty cool. I think the fact that these mega evolutions are bringing more attention to the older pokemon is great. I'm really happy they're doing it.

Gregku said:
Minous2 said:

I'm getting X, and while I love Tyranitar, Aggron looks like the better deal to me.

While I agree with that, I'm a sucker for dark types :D

Maybe Gengar becoming stuck to the ground like that is supposed to be symbolic of it becoming a true shadow? That could also explain why it gets Shadow Tag of all things, although I don't know how directly that translates to Japanese so it could be coincedence.

I like the starters. I don't think I'll ever fathom the Greninja hate. The Sugimori art for Delphox looks far more fluid, and the cynic inside me thinks a lot of the hate for Delphox comes from the fact that it didn't turn into a cute chibi effeminate bipedal Ninetales like 90% of speculation fanart predicted. Delphox actually looks somewhat intimidating and wild, which I definitely didn't expect from Fennekin.

NotSeen said:
… and now I'm wanting mega Alakazam more then never before.

Mega Tyranitar: The “face” on its chest is feature taken from Dusknoir. The color changes from blue to red on its “belly”.

Mega Aggron: It's fine, it becames pure steel; at least it has less weaknessess now. But on the other hand, I don't like its design much. It so-so.

Mega Kangaskhan: Now, when we finally have the official artwork, it (= the baby) seems very pretty. I like it.

Mega Gengar: It now resembles Haunter more then Gengar. Maybe its mix of both of them…
… oh, not. It is Hanuter withan extra eye in forehead. It has no visible legs, so… its more Mega Haunter then mega Gengar.

Wow, mega alakazam would be awesome :rolleyes:

Back