(1) Mega Tyranitar, Aggron, Gengar, and Kangaskhan in ‘CoroCoro’ [10/10]

… and now I'm wanting mega Alakazam more then never before.

Mega Tyranitar: The “face” on its chest is feature taken from Dusknoir. The color changes from blue to red on its “belly”.

Mega Aggron: It's fine, it becames pure steel; at least it has less weaknessess now. But on the other hand, I don't like its design much. It so-so.

Mega Kangaskhan: Now, when we finally have the official artwork, it (= the baby) seems very pretty. I like it.

Mega Gengar: It now resembles Haunter more then Gengar. Maybe its mix of both of them…
… oh, not. It is Hanuter withan extra eye in forehead. It has no visible legs, so… its more Mega Haunter then mega Gengar.

Mega Gengar's art is really freaky, like really freaky.

Aggron looks awesome though, and it's nice how he is just a pure steal type and not a Rock/Steel anymore.

Mega Aggron looks as though it's wearing some sort of cycling helmet :p Mega Tyranitar looks pretty impressive, but its spines look like the ones on Zygarde.
And thanks for sharing the Sugimori designs on the final evolutions. I've gotta say, I was a little unimpressed with them when I first saw them, but now they look much more desirable. Particularly Greninja, who looks as though his head's made of origami. Also, has anyone noticed Chesnaught looks sort of like a Digimon? I can't put my finger on which one, but I just get a feeling.

Mega Tyranitar - Interesting. It kept Sand Stream, heh.

Mega Aggron - It's still Steel/Rock. Now it just looks like a bowling ball. Not what we expected at all. Filter is nice, I guess.

Mega Kangaskhan - Good art.

Mega Gengar - Good art, terrible appearance. It needs hands.

Apparently, there is something special about Mafokushii's "Magical Flame" attack - another dual-type move?

Burigaron (Chespin's final) is confirmed Grass/Fighting, and Gekkouga (aka Greninja, Froakie's final) is confirmed Water/Dark.

Doesn't look like there's much else, though...

Bisharp's Cloak: When I look closely on the Mega Aggron's head, it now resembles me, like it is its original “helmet” just turned 180°…

I like the head spike on Mega Tyranitar. Between the red chest plate and the spike, it looks closer to Larvitar.

DNA said:
Mega Aggron - It's still Steel/Rock. Now it just looks like a bowling ball. Not what we expected at all. Filter is nice, I guess.

MEga Aggron is actually Pure Steel according to the scan.

And btw., the final evo's of starters…

… terrible. I don't like none of them. Including their names:
Chesnaught. Its naughty!
Delphox… is it dolphin or fox? :D Maybe delta fox?
Greninja. Why? Just why? I was “satisfied” when it continuous from Froakie to Frogadier and now this?
When I look at them, they're uglier and uglier. The most horrible design I've expected. It just seems wrong to me. But, it's my opinion, of course.

NotSeen said:
Bisharp's Cloak: When I look closely on the Mega Aggron's head, it now resembles me, like it is its original “helmet” just turned 180°…

I just realised that now, when I looked at it more. Maybe it now likes the backwards cap appearance :p

Bisharp said:
Mega Aggron looks as though it's wearing some sort of cycling helmet :p Mega Tyranitar looks pretty impressive, but its spines look like the ones on Zygarde.
And thanks for sharing the Sugimori designs on the final evolutions. I've gotta say, I was a little unimpressed with them when I first saw them, but now they look much more desirable. Particularly Greninja, who looks as though his head's made of origami. Also, has anyone noticed Chesnaught looks sort of like a Digimon? I can't put my finger on which one, but I just get a feeling.

I think you're thinking of zudomon or vikemon

Oh wow, now that we've got the official Art on Greninja, his "triangular head" as I was calling it actually doesn't look all that bad..

It's kind of like a speed-fin-thing that racecars have. :p

PS. Mega Aggron looks cool, which is saying something, since I thought Aggron was stupid.. :p

@Above, keep up the good work educating the masses on the important things! <3 Oracle at Delphi.

Now to comment on the Sugimori art after seeing just leaked in-game images for so long:

• Mega Tyranitar- Looks great. The whole design looks significantly more fitting for its Dark-Type.
  • Mega Aggron- Pretty cool, didn't change my opinion much compared to the in-game image.
  • Mega Kangaskhan- Nice to finally have Sugimori art for it.
  • Mega Gengar- Exactly how I expected its Sugimori art to look, shading and all.
  • Delphox- Compared to the in-game model, the art looks alright. Sugimori really made the art more loose and flowing than the in-game model, which I guess is true for most of the art vs. models, but moreso in this case.
  • Chesnaught- Gah, I should have known to draw its eyes that way, and I expected the mouth to look that way too. Shouldn't have second-guessed myself on that. Overall some really cool artwork.
  • Greninja- Was not expecting that pale yellow color. Even with the quality of the scans taken into consideration, the color is still going to be there in the clear-quality artwork (probably just lighter). Kinda wish it was just white. Still, cool pose, albeit Greninja's "trademark" stance.

No it isn't. Look at the scan again. Its typing is unchanged.

The 2nd line of Aggron's data reads: タイプ: はがね ・ いわ

Mega Gengar gets Shadow Tag. Is it just me or “they” (=the game designers) couldn't think anything worse? Shadow tag. That's so stupid. Although I like Mega Gengar's design, this decision was a step aside.

DNA said:
No it isn't. Look at the scan again. Its typing is unchanged.

The 2nd line of Aggron's data reads: タイプ: はがね ・ いわ

You can iz reed Japanese?! o_0
Lucky...

I can only read Korean.. But I <3 Korean, best language in the Universe. (From a linguistics standpoint, Korean has some very interesting and intuitive aspects, and to me it feels like all of my favorite languages combined together.)

On-topic: I was also surprised by the yellowish hue on Greninja. But I don't mind it. It kind of reminds me of Gundams. They sometimes have that off-white yellowish egg-shell hue.

leecario said:
Bisharp said:

I think you're thinking of zudomon or vikemon
Yep, those are the ones. Thanks for the reminder. kind of weird, considering Digimon came later with an idea copying Pokémon's and then Pokémon copies them a little.

Sherrif_K (off topic!): Our lector on the university told us once, in our course of japanesse, the “Korean language is Japanesse, which I don't understand. Even Okinawa dialect differs more from the original Japanesse.“

Back to topic: To that, what I wrote above, it now seems logical, to get the Shadow Tag for Gengar… the ghost types are immune to those trap effects, aren't they? Still I think, it suits better with levitate or anything else like ghost type overgrowth/blaze/torrent/swarm…

Back