(1) Mega Charizard X Revealed During 'Pokemon Origins' [10/2]

Been wanting X from the start, this is just icing on the cake. Finally Charizard gets Dragon typing.

I am very excited for this form. As a usual skeptic of this sort of deal, I'm actually very impressed with the design on this Charizard. Very well done.

Rune Yagami said:
Guys...

Mega Evolutions require an item...What happens if you use knock-off on a Mega Evolved Pokemon? OMG every Tentacruel is going to have knock-off now.
Once you're evolved you're evolved, it's not retroactive. So I doubt it'd do anything, and Knock Off isn't a Priority Move, so it wouldn't go before a Mega Evolution.

PS. Am I the only one who actually prefers the Y-only revealed Evos so far? <_<
But I guess I'm biased, seeing as how I've already pre-ordered it... >_<

I may end up trading for both variants, or getting X though. Mega Mewtwo X is really cool too!

Sheriff_K said:
Rune Yagami said:
Guys...

Mega Evolutions require an item...What happens if you use knock-off on a Mega Evolved Pokemon? OMG every Tentacruel is going to have knock-off now.
Once you're evolved you're evolved, it's not retroactive. So I doubt it'd do anything, and Knock Off isn't a Priority Move, so it wouldn't go before a Mega Evolution.

What though if the person doesn't megaevolve their pokemon right away and the opponent uses knock off? Will that make their pokemon unable to megaevolve?

Baktwerel said:
Sheriff_K said:

What though if the person doesn't megaevolve their pokemon right away and the opponent uses knock off? Will that make their pokemon unable to megaevolve?
As far as I understand it, a MegaEvolution is inevitable, and happens before your chosen attack for the turn. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

We'll have to see, but if it were possible, why wouldn't they choose to MegaEvolve, especially if the opponent has a Pokemon that can learn Knock Off?

Sheriff_K said:
Baktwerel said:
As far as I understand it, a MegaEvolution is inevitable, and happens before your chosen attack for the turn. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

We'll have to see, but if it were possible, why wouldn't they choose to MegaEvolve, especially if the opponent has a Pokemon that can learn Knock Off?

Nope, you can actually choose to mega evolve anytime during the battle. There's a special button for that.
Edit: You can see it in the demo version video that has been floating around for some time now.

Sheriff_K said:
Baktwerel said:

Not everyone is going to assume the opponent will use Knock Off. Plus, there MUST be some flaw to the megas, or else gameplay would be too off-balanced.

Baktwerel said:
Haverok said:
That's why I think the whole mechanic is VERY interesting, and the main reason for including Megalutions was Eviolite.
This is the perfect Anti-Eviolite way to give new stages to our favourite Pokemon. Also with Charizard (and possibly few other Pokemon too) you gain additional twist, because the opponent is not sure, which Mega do you posses. I can see many uses for both. Can't wait for the second Venusaur, though.

Edit: That's a VERY good question. Would you even be able to switch a Mega, or is it to epic to be contained? :D

A fansite that shouldn not be named posted this a few days ago:

During the final episode of Pokémon Smash, it was finally fully showcased how Mega Evolutions work in battle, answering a question that has been in place in some parts of the fandom since the revelation. It proved that you can have a Mega Evolution in combat if your opponent also has one, with this footage being the first showcase of two Mega Evolutions being seen in battle, as seen in this battle where Mega Ampharos was used against Mega Blaziken confirming that it is one per trainer in battle, not one overall per battle.

If someone wants to confuse their opponents, they should have more Pokemon in their team capable of mega evolution, especially ones that have multiple formes. This way the opponent will wonder which Pokemon will megaevolve and into which form if it has multiple.

Very wisely put. This is why Speed Boost Blaziken is so cool, it doesn't even have to Mega Evolve.

Aw Yisss. Mada***ing Charizard X!

This alone more than makes up for the "horror" that was Mewtwo X. Xerneas was Always my favourite legendary but Mewtwo X made me consider Y over X... Thank god this changes my mind back.

I am probably biased because I pre-ordered Y, but I'm a little upset at how off balance things are right now. I really hope that the other starters all get mega evos and I can't wait to see how the story line incorporates this all. :3

Also, it'd be super awesome if my Luxray gets a mega... :D

No fair, why is X getting all of the good ones? I want this so bad, it's everything I wanted it to be, but since I want Yveltal more, I'm going to have to go without it.

GhostedRebel said:
I am probably biased because I pre-ordered Y, but I'm a little upset at how off balance things are right now. I really hope that the other starters all get mega evos and I can't wait to see how the story line incorporates this all. :3

Yeah, Y is really getting screwed with the Mega evolutions. It's not really fair to put all of the type change Megas since those are the more interesting ones. What's next, Mega Ampharos is Mega Ampharos X and Mega Ampharos Y is pure Electric?

Bolt the Cat said:
No fair, why is X getting all of the good ones? I want this so bad, it's everything I wanted it to be, but since I want Yveltal more, I'm going to have to go without it.

Yveltal is amazing looking. I think the Charizard Y is still good though. Remember - Drought + EQ immunity :)

Oh. My. Fricking. Lord.

I came on here expecting to possibly see an update from the instagram leaker, and instead am greeted with another mega evolution of my very first favorite Pokemon? *faints, checks back on pokebeach thinking it was a dream, faints again*

I am sooooo beyond happy that I preordered both X and Y because Y was originally my favorite, but I cannot get over how awesome MegaCharizard X is. Finally puts an end to the "why isn't a Charizard part Dragon like omg" debate. His design is pure epicness. It also interests me that he is not part Flying, doesn't have Levitate, and can participate in a Sky Battle. Makes me wonder what criteria GameFreak will require Pokemon to meet in order to be in Sky Battles.

Glad that Red has one too, just confirms how B.A. he is.

Also, love the color of MegaCharizard X, can't wait to see him shiny :)

nightkeeper said:
It also interests me that he is not part Flying, doesn't have Levitate, and can participate in a Sky Battle. Makes me wonder what criteria GameFreak will require Pokemon to meet in order to be in Sky Battles.

Charizard enters the battle as a Fire/Flying type, then loses the Flying upon mega evolution. Maybe there's an exception made for cases like these.

I wonder if its animation will be flying during ground battles too

Off topic, but do we have a thread around here showing the differences we know so far between Pokemon X and Y? I always thought I was gonna choose Y, but this new Mega Charizard is making me hesitate...

Sheriff_K said:
I may end up trading for both variants, or getting X though. Mega Mewtwo X is really cool too!

Is it tradeable? If so my main game will be Y, I am getting both games anyways I just like X Charizard much much more than the Y one.

I don't think it said anywhere that Mega Evolutions X were limited to Pokemon X, or vice-versa :/ So it's a bit too early to say it's unfair X has more imo

I wonder how that whole system will work. Is the mega stone x or y (making it tradable) or is it just depending on the version.

I'm pretty sure the magastones are just items that can be traded over. I bet Y will have mega evolutions that x doesn't have to promote trading and interaction.

Back