(1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light and Darkness, It seems very interesting but it doesn't really fit in. The thing is the duo's of games usually have a third counterpart. (ex. Giratina, Rayquaza) But what would the logical counterpart be for Light and Dark.

Themes from the past:

Sea vs Sky (Lugia vs. Ho-oh)
Nature vs. Tech (Mew vs. Mewtwo)
Ocean vs. Land (Kyogre vs. Groudon)
Space vs. Time (Palkia vs. Dialga)
Light vs. Darkness ??? (Reshiram vs. Zekrom)

tweety210 said:
Light and Darkness, It seems very interesting but it doesn't really fit in. The thing is the duo's of games usually have a third counterpart. (ex. Giratina, Rayquaza) But what would the logical counterpart be for Light and Dark.

Themes from the past:

Sea vs Sky (Lugia vs. Ho-oh)
Nature vs. Tech (Mew vs. Mewtwo)
Ocean vs. Land (Kyogre vs. Groudon)
Space vs. Time (Palkia vs. Dialga)
Light vs. Darkness ??? (Reshiram vs. Zekrom)

I am guessing the third counterpart will be a Void element.

Void is always associated in Light and darkness, and "when Light and darkness collide, void or nothingness wil be born." < I forgot where I read this quote.

moreover to that, Void is mostly associated as colorless, or monochromatic. How about gray version for the third installment? or Monochrome version?

I guess that they could have a creature to balance it, kind of like Rayquaza's role in RSE.

IT IS a high likely chance that the two legendarys affect the skies.reshiam is a whole white Pokemon so it can point to light, flying, and normal.

Very good speculation Darkrai, Void actually means the space between stars. This could also mean that the legendary pokemon could deal with the cosmos. Reshiram being the stars and Zekrom being the darkness. Another fact being is that the picture howelllawson has of the two tails of the pokemon connected together looks almost like a space rocket.

RE: (1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/

In règards to othèr posts, I don't rèally think thèy'd go along thè basis for Hèavèn and Hèll, just bècausè thèy try to bè politically corrèct. (èvèn though thèrè's nothing politically incorrèct about it bècausè it's part of thè èarth's history in èvèry culturè, but whatèvèr)

Règardlèss, dèaling with thè sky gavè mè somè odd idèa that thèy rèprèsèntèd light/shadows, and for somè rèason in my hèad thè moon camè into quèstion...

I honèstly havè no idèa. Is this information to bè covèrèd in thè nèxt CoroCoro? And whèn is CoroCoro schèdulèd to comè out?

(sorry somèthing's up with my è kèy...)

A light type might be interesting. I'm not yearning for one, but It would be neat. I think Reshiram and Zekrom will be enemies, like Dialga/Palkia. I hope that they do a good vs. evil thing, that might be neat. Either way, I lovin' gen.5

Day and Night

Hello!

I'm brazilian and it is the first time I am posting in this forum, so forgive me for any mistakes in my English.

My theory is the following: early in the game, the team of villains from each of the versions will capture the legendary of the opposite version. Thus, in Black, they should use Zekrom to the sky always stay dark. In White, they should use Reshiram to the sky always stay light.

The player's mission should be to capture the legendary of the edition to reverse this process. That would explain the fact that the Pokemon that brings light to be the mascot for the black version, and vice versa. It's that black and white must refer to night and day.

Thanks!

Maybe it has something to do with English names. It MIGHT make sence. As Dark/Dragon is a FAIL. Scizor and Luke are gonna be wayyyy more popular. Anyway, I doubt they will be that type. Reshiram might be a new Mence. As it could be Part Flying. So, I suggest we keep our eyes open. The Pokemon company might have just thought of something good.

about the rocket with the the tail. What if a evil orginizations is trying to get them to release the power of them onto earth to destroy human and pokemon.{C}{D}

Ageman20XX said:
You forget that, in Japan, the word for the actual Dark type (in the games) is the word for Bad/Evil as well, and yet the TCG still felt the need to make a distinction between Dark Type and Dark Pokemon, in the same way they could/would have if there was a Light type to go with the Light Pokemon.

More importantly, so many people against the idea of a "Light" type oppose it strictly because we "already have a counter to Dark" and that's simply not the case.

First is the obvious fact that Psychic is strong against Dark and thus, not its equal. A theoretical "Light" type would have to perfectly balance the Dark type, and I don't mean "be strong against it". I mean actually balance it - like Light and Dark, Good and Bad, Yin and Yang are perfectly balanced in real life. To have one side stronger against the other would be giving bias to either Light/Goodness or Dark/Badness, and doing that would be based purely on religious biases and Pokemon doesn't do that. Light and Dark would have to either both be super-effective, ineffective, or neutral against each other - any other way wouldn't make sense. That way the delicate balance they've created with Dark and the other types wouldn't be harmed. If they really wanted to "balance" things out though, they could make Light weak to Poison and Psychic and strong against Fighting. For one, Poison needs a new strength desperately and by making Light weak against Psychic but strong against Fighting a perfect inverse of the Dark-type could be created - an idea which I think would be very fitting.

The second point is the fact that Psychic is simply not a substitute for "Light" type. If we're going with the assumption that "Light" means goodness and not luminosity or the sun, then the only Pokemon that "should" have been Light type (as of generation 2) are Togepi, Togetic, Chancey and Blissey due to their clearly goodness/kindness-based themes - not Psychic types. So with only four Pokemon holding the idea of a Light-type back, this is hardly any different then the Steel type for Magnemite and Magneton. You might argue that all the references to the Sun should have been Light-type too, but have all the references to the Moon been Dark type? (Answer: No - Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable, Lunatone, Cresselia).

If they wanted to introduce a Light-type, it wouldn't be that hard. Leave all the existing "good" Pokemon alone and just change the typing of a few older attacks - preferably non-damaging ones. I think a little bit of change would be good for the series, and could lead to a lot of really neat evolution lines. I mean, look how many Pokemon evolve based on kindness (but oddly not from frustration) - I think by diving deeper into this whole good/bad, light/dark thing they could really create some interesting and dynamic gameplay mechanics and new Pokemon.

I just don't understand the hate! :p

x2 except the part about Psychic being strong against Dark when its the opposite. I also think that if they introduce the Light type, they should change the types of the Pokémon you mentioned.

You ever think nintendo would pull a fast one, and have Reshiram and Zekrom one pokemon? I mean think about it, The generator on zekroms tail, could keep him in his dark form. But in the afternoon and morning, it absords the light and turns into reshiram. Making that his other form, and When Reshirams tail is like a torch. And it goes out in the night and turns into Zekrom. So one legendary for both games, just alternate formes :D?

Sup,

im new to this forum, so sup hello from the 808 (Hawaii)!!

anyways, back on topic: Void is a pretty good idea, ad if you didnt know, at the same time pokemon copyrighted 'Pokemon Black' and 'Pokemon white', they also copyrighted the colors gray, crimson, and scarlet. So Gray is a pretty safe guess to go with the remake, and 'Void' is a pretty good theme to go with it.

Light and Darkness is PRACTICALLY the SAME as Heaven and Hell.

Heaven is LIGHT and HELL is Darkness.

Pokemon has ALREADY delved into religion! Arceus is PURE PROOF of that!

But since a bunch of people are gonna "whine about it" as people put it, it will probably be TONED DOWN to light/good AND darkness/evil.

But if it IS simply light and darkness, what do you call the MIDDLE GROUND pocket monster who COMPLETES the predicted trio?

That's why I say it's Heaven and Hell, so that way, the third member of the trio represents Purgatory.

Of course though, Gold and Silver where the last games to be made, technically... And they didn't really have a 3rd pokemon to mediate between Lugia and Ho-oh... After the ORIGINAL GS, we got Crystal, covering Suicune. Now that I think about it... They could VERY WELL surprise us and NOT have a 3rd member to make a trio out of these guys, much like they did back in the day but Giratina wasn't proven to be "The Third Dragon" until Giratina and the Sky Warrior, which was really just an ad for Platinum, but still a GOOD middle movie nonetheless.

I'm still sticking with Heaven and Hell for these guys. Not going as Epic as the Last Generation would be a mistake IMO.

Anyway, I hope light evolution 4 Pikachu & Clefairy.

Pikachu-Because I always said before. Pikachu always need a new evolution instead Raichu. If they do, it would be equel 2 Zorroark. It makes sense,Zorroark's dark & it'll be part light. I wonders what it looks like. Maybe it looks Raichu kinda,but it has angel wings 4 ears or it looks a knight mouse.:D

Probably they should call Pikazeus or Zeuschu.

Clefairy-If they do Light evolution 4 Clefairy,I'm hoping it'll be a real faery, FAERY(I means,like a humanroid w/ insect or angel wings in folklore. But not some chipmunk w/ wings from outer space like Clefable). They don't known anything what a faery look or where a faery from. FAERIES NOT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE!!!! THEY LIVES IN FORESTS OR WOODS!!!!.

Here my theory.
I think they're something've do w/ your character. Well,their costume designs reminded of Ash's almost. I'm glad they used original designs from the first two(G/S&R/B). My guess'll be they're going to make the storyline revolves Ash in the anime,but they're not using his character in the videogame and they

RE: (1) Meanings for Reshiram and Zekrom's Names - Clues for 'Black' and 'White?' [5/

palkia dialga clash said:
Dark/Dragon is a FAIL. Scizor and Luke are gonna be wayyyy more popular. Anyway, I doubt they will be that type. Reshiram might be a new Mence.

I hope you understand that Zekrom and Reshiram are 99% going to be put into the Uber tier as with every other version legendary (bar Suicune), so I ask that you consider the thought that the typing of these two legendaries will have nothing to do with the "regular" metagame.

Plus, with only these very few Pokemon announced for fifth gen, Scizor, Mence, and many other Pokemon could very well be completely outclassed or easily countered. We'll just have to wait and see.

Setosama said:
Light and Darkness is PRACTICALLY the SAME as Heaven and heck.

Heaven is LIGHT and heck is Darkness.

Pokemon has ALREADY delved into religion! Arceus is PURE PROOF of that!

But since a bunch of people are gonna "whine about it" as people put it, it will probably be TONED DOWN to light/good AND darkness/evil.

But if it IS simply light and darkness, what do you call the MIDDLE GROUND pocket monster who COMPLETES the predicted trio?

That's why I say it's Heaven and heck, so that way, the third member of the trio represents Purgatory.

Of course though, Gold and Silver where the last games to be made, technically... And they didn't really have a 3rd pokemon to mediate between Lugia and Ho-oh... After the ORIGINAL GS, we got Crystal, covering Suicune. Now that I think about it... They could VERY WELL surprise us and NOT have a 3rd member to make a trio out of these guys, much like they did back in the day but Giratina wasn't proven to be "The Third Dragon" until Giratina and the Sky Warrior, which was really just an ad for Platinum, but still a GOOD middle movie nonetheless.

I'm still sticking with Heaven and heck for these guys. Not going as Epic as the Last Generation would be a mistake IMO.

You are the one who is whining when people oppose your light/dark heaven/hell thing. Pokemon haven't delved into any religion, you don't see any people worshipping, the closest is Ho-oh and Lugia in the anime but they weren't exactly being worshipped. Dialga and Palkia was told as being worshipped as deities but you don't see them actually being worshipped. People love to think that Arceus is a god but he is just the ALPHA pokemon and there is theory about higher plane being or alien created the world. God is just a term of fandom, Gamefreak hasn't put any single thing that directly states that he is a god. People have been whining so much when the title of Black and White as controversial, do you think that heaven and hell is not. Even yugioh's angel's halos got erased in the US version, but maybe you are right, but when it turns out that you are not, then I go HAH.

I could totally go with the Sky theme. All signs point to it so far. Light vs. Dark that could be the main plot. One Team wants to light up the sky and the other person wants to dark it forever. Hmm...sounds like Lost.

dmaster out.

I think the sky theme sounds logical. Especially with the physical features of the main legendaries (i.e. some kind of wind turbine). Maybe there will be some new abilities dealing with weather, which has everything to do with the sky. After all, the Hoenn Trio was based on weather conditions.....Which unfortunately means that theme has already been used....but in a different way than simply light vs dark....

RisuRoars said:
I think the sky theme sounds logical. Especially with the physical features of the main legendaries (i.e. some kind of wind turbine). Maybe there will be some new abilities dealing with weather, which has everything to do with the sky. After all, the Hoenn Trio was based on weather conditions...Which unfortunately means that theme has already been used...but in a different way than simply light vs dark...

And not only is it logical at this point, it most likely is true!!! Most signs point to it, for instance, The Sky Arrow Bridge, or... or... uhhhh... nevermind:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back