(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

SunRiver said:
Finch182 said:
Trouble is, Fairy type damage will be 4x effective against it. Same goes for Scrafty.

Wut?!

Really? Fairy is strong againts Fighting too? I though only Dragon & Dark...

"Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it."

Weak to: Poison, Steel
Immune to: Dragon

Effective against: Dragon, Dark, Fighting
Ineffective against: Fire, Psychic

Thus, up to 5th gen, 'Fairy' is 4x effective against Scrafty and Heidreigon [sp], and 4x Ineffective against Victini.

I saw that Mawile evo will be inspired on Hatsune Miku
Also, Lickytung will get a pre-evo

Is no one going to talk about this?
tumblr_inline_mn1sd1BSvc1qz4rgp.bmp

Guys, please stay on topic. This thread is for discussing the rumors posted on the front page - nothing else. If you want to discuss other X/Y stuff, we have an X/Y forum. http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum-current-event-pok%C3%A9mon-x-and-pok%C3%A9mon-y

BassoonBro said:
AwkwardKlutz said:
I've tried to roughly draw what a Psychic-type Meowstick would look like, and this is what I've got:
c9I1LNJ.png

I know it looks off, but at least it is easy to see how the design would be. Then again, I doubt it will look anything like this if it's ever confirmed.

I hope you're spot on. You're really good.

AwkwardKlutz said:
New Dunsparce evolution:
6j6YZBG.png
Gv34Rom.jpg

Could you explain this one?

That's an old digimon

AwkwardKlutz said:
New Dunsparce evolution:
6j6YZBG.png
Gv34Rom.jpg

Yeah.....that's Shakkoumon, a Digimon from the original series.

And I guess I can introduce myself as well.
Hi. ^_^ I am PyroPokeman. I am also a part of Marriland forums.
I grew up with Pokemon, and I have a love for fire type Pokemon.

I've been reading what's been going on for the last couple of days, and really admire WPM's work during all of this X and Y Insider action, so, I thought why not join the Beach as well.

AwkwardKlutz said:
I've tried to roughly draw what a Psychic-type Meowstick would look like, and this is what I've got:
c9I1LNJ.png

I know it looks off, but at least it is easy to see how the design would be. Then again, I doubt it will look anything like this if it's ever confirmed.

I really like this art for Meowstick. It kinda reminds me of Bills, the God of Destruction from the new DBZ movie and that cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Man, I wonder what the 2nd MewTwo form will look like, if it is suppose to look like Mew, as Mewtwo was meant to be the clone of Mew, so it wil be a perfect form (Cell, anyone? I mean we have Freeza and Majin Buu looks, Cell needs some love, lol).

AwkwardKlutz said:
Now I wonder if Sylveon will evolve the same way Pancham does, but with a Fairy-type Pokémon...

I thought its evolution might have something to do with that new 'the more you battle with your pokemon, the stronger it gets system' or, now that I think about it, what if that insiders info about the changed ev system(instead of through fights you raise them in minigames) is true? Could there be ev based evolutions, now that they are more controllable, kind of as it was with tyrogue, just even more complicated. Like in some of those old digimon games for ps 1, to evolve, your attack and defense evs must be higher than 10, for example. Or depending on the stats it gets different evolutions?

I don't think Sylveon will evolve the same way as Pancham does because eeveelutions always introduce a new way of evolution and evolving with a Pokemon in your party was already done with Mantine (Remoraid in your party).

Flys Gone 2071 said:
I don't think Sylveon will evolve the same way as Pancham does because eeveelutions always introduce a new way of evolution and evolving with a Pokemon in your party was already done with Mantine (Remoraid in your party).

requiring a fairy in your party is as original as I can imagine and new enough.

Fairy type, can't say i'm surprised. So far i'm loving this Generation, the only one thing I don't really like, if true, is the name Meowstick.

Mitja said:
Flys Gone 2071 said:

requiring a fairy in your party is as original as I can imagine and new enough.

The only thing new about that is the fairy typing. However evolutions based on the what else is in your party has already been done and is again returning for Pancham.

I would like to see Sylveon get a more unique evolution method. It does say that it evolves in a new way. It could be a new item, location, or even NPC that could do that. I'm not oppossed to the EV method mentioned earlier, but I have a feeling that if that is a function, it will probably be meant for people who are more competitive.

Thief said:
I would like to see Sylveon get a more unique evolution method. It does say that it evolves in a new way. It could be a new item, location, or even NPC that could do that.

Or using a 3DS feature, since Iwata said they were going to incorporate them in the game (Malimar is one example of that).

I would suggest something like Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance where you can pet, feed and play mini-games to make them friendlier (and stronger) but that sounds a lot like Friendship (and Nintendogs) so yeah... ^^'

Perhaps pancham will get two evolutions. One just by leveling, and another for leveling and having a dark type.

Whitefire said:
So about what time is the big 'news dump' supposed to be?

If you're referring to the one that was announced for pokemon smash, it was yesterday and the 'big news' was only the admittedly big chunk of news from corocoro repeated...

Back