(1) Landorus-EX, Black Kyurem-EX, and White Kyurem-EX from Boundaries Crossed [9/13]

Lysandros said:
White Kyurem is 146. FA Cheren and Bianca are probably 147 and 148. What is 149?

Now you're getting me curious myself. I'm not sure, actually. It's probably a card we won't expect to get in this set, like that Skyla FA or something.

Hmm...good question. I'm thinking White Kyurem EX might find its way with Emboar or even with Entei EX. Or it'll just not see play at all. I wonder how Landorus is going to affect the meta.

lol they changed Freeze Shock translation D: The japanese one said:
This Pokémon can't use Freeze Shock during your next turn.
This one doesn't let you attack next turn.Weird.Now BKyurem sucks.

Coutihno said:
This one doesn't let you attack next turn.Weird.Now Bkyurem sucks.

=O ! An inconsistency! Time to check the Japanese translation!
It...
...oh wow. It says "This Pokemon cannot attack during your next turn".
There go all our ideas of running Black Kyurem. Well, whatever.

I suppose you could run him with Keldeo EX seeing as you already need the water energy but yeah Black and white Kyurem just arnt good enough to make the metagame right now they really arnt any better than Zekrom EX and Reshiram EX (and worse in a lot of ways) and they arnt really in the meta right now. Heres hoping that their none EX versions are playable.
Landorous on the other hand I think will make a big impact. Fist turn one energy donking of Tynamo and Dino NVI, and a plus power away from OHKOing Darkrai, and Raikou without discarding energy and the ability to two shot almost all EX's even with Eviolite (save Toradous and H0-0h) makes him one Bad moth-SHUT YOUR MOUTH, I'm just talking about Landorus. Add in the fact that he has different weakness than Terrakion and fighting just got one more tool to make them scary.

TheBugManiac said:
I'd guess 149 is the Shiny Terrakion we didn't get yet.

The shinies are numbered after the ending number, not before, so it's not shiny Terrakion. Shiny Terrakion is probably going to be #15#/149.

141: Celebi EX
142: Keldeo EX
143: Cresselia EX
144: Landorus EX
145: Black Kyurem EX
146: White Kyurem EX
147: Cheren
148: Bianca
149: PROFESSOR JUNIPER

I can only hope.

Hammerhead lol.
But you're all forgetting about using BK EX as a benchsitter with it's tool, or WK EX's Ability to OHKO everything but Wailord with Giant Cape.

Coutihno said:
This one doesn't let you attack next turn.Weird.Now BKyurem sucks.

I only noticed it now that you talked about it...

Wow. Just wow. Are they really that idiotic? I can't express in words my hate for them right now... I just hope they notice it and have the decency of making an errata for it...

These FAs always look better than the japanese FAs, but not as good as our (real)english FAs. Looking forward to what other cards will be in the set.

Metalizard said:
I just hope they notice it and have the decency of making an errata for it...
Notice what? Freeze Shock? There's absolutely nothing wrong with the English translation.

Metalizard said:
I only noticed it now that you talked about it...

Wow. Just wow. Are they really that idiotic? I can't express in words my hate for them right now... I just hope they notice it and have the decency of making an errata for it...

EXACTLY!!!

Black Kyurem is an amazingly cool (pun) Pokemon! I'm getting Black 2 just so I can play him first! I've been looking forward to this card and then... OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE THEY DONE>?!

I'll still bring it to League for fun decks but, I'm just so hurt.

Sanokumo said:
....Black and white Kyurem just arnt good enough to make the metagame right now they really arnt any better than Zekrom EX and Reshiram EX (and worse in a lot of ways) and they arnt really in the meta right now. ...

Certainly White Kyurem is slow but, like Reshiram, it can be played with Emboar. Though it won't be the fastest, it's what I plan to do. :) {R}

It would seem Pokebeach got the translation wrong for Black Kyurem EX, as nowhere on the 2nd attack does it mention not being able to use Freeze Bolt/Shock next turn, only that 'this pokemon cannot attack next turn'.

I'd go with TPCi's translation for this one...

Back