(1) Kyurem EX, Regigigas EX, and Other BW3 Cards Revealed! [9/1]

Regigigas is just bad.50+ damage for 4 energy? And a 4 retreat cost? Just bad.Kyurem cant used Hail Blizzard 2 times in a row,but at the next turn you get to discard an energy from your opponent .So its good to do that if your facing a metal pokemon or really powerfull one
Zekrom might be a problem for Kyurem, but it might take a few turns for it to be knocked out. And Donphan and Machamp could be a problem for Regigigas.Anyways, I do like the art on the card. :p

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Seriously, when I heard people talking about Regigigas EX at Worlds, I thought it was just going to be a rumor. Now the titan is back in action! You can't believe how happy I was to see Regigigas get an EX version. And his picture looks amazing.

For those of you who know me well enough (Gliscor), you can understand my joy.

I can see Regigigas in a deck with Reuniclus.As for attaching energy,perhaps Tornadus or DCE could help.

I'd have to agree with you, DNA. Vileplume+Reuniclus+Regigigas EX=awesome tank deck. With Regigigas's colossal hp the only things in the format now that can OHKO him would be Magnezone Lost Burning 4 energy or Donphan's Heavy Impact. Using Reuniclus you manipulate the damage counters to set up an OHKO with Raging Impact every single turn. Giga Power is also an excellent attack that not only gives you damage counters to work with but also has the ability to OHKO everything. Since we don't know the whole set I don't want to be hasty and call Regigigas BCIF, but it does have serious power and I'd love to play it. It will probably be a huge force in the metagame too.

I find mewtwo and regi ex in a tie of best ex so far, why? sure mewtwo hits for high damage t1 and can stall AND abuse max potion, but regigigas just feels awesome :D
I mean 1 shotting any pokémon whatever it's hp is will be pretty amazing and with dce it could abuse max potion a bit (still not as good as mewtwo does)
But i see regigigas as a really nice card and in some ways better then mewtwo and in other ways not :D

The art on both the EX's are amazing.

F-gatr Prime + Kyurem EX = Broken

Regigas EX + Reuniclus = Broken

I'm liking this new set

Darkvoid57 said:

I don't think so :D
u see
catcher + regigigas = koed totdile
catcher + regigigas = koed croconaw
catcher + regigigas = koed f-gatr
catcher + regigigas = koed kyurem

Regigigas will OHKO you faster then you can set up a feraligatr to get back into the game :p

Darkvoid57 said:
The art on both the EX's are amazing.

Regigas EX + Reuniclus = Broken

I'm liking this new set

not broken. not by any means.

Zekrom OHKO's Kyurem with Bolt Strike, or with 70 damage on it with Outrage. Donphan OHKO's Regigigas with 3 Energy, or Machamp can use Champ Buster without even any help from the bench. 2 Prizes are taken in both instances.

They're both good in theory, but we'll have to see if they live up to the hype.

Zekrom OHKO's Kyurem with Bolt Strike, or with 70 damage on it with Outrage.
I'd just like to point out that Kyurem is weak to Metal, not Electric.

ESP said:

Zekrom OHKO's Kyurem with Bolt Strike, or with 70 damage on it with Outrage. Donphan OHKO's Regigigas with 3 Energy, or Machamp can use Champ Buster without even any help from the bench. 2 Prizes are taken in both instances.

Hate to break this to you, ESP but Kyurem is weak to Metal not Lightning so Zekrom doesn't actually hit it that hard. =P

I agree with you though, Regigigas does seem very impressive but I do feel that there are still ways to beat it so we just need to wait until the set's release is closer. By that time people will have more ideas about the new cards and find ways to counter it.

Edit: O hey there Mr. Ninja. ;D

ESP said:

Donphan is dead before he gets 3 energies on him?
same with machamp?

I think what people failing to realize is, yes, Regigigas has loads of HP and hits like a beast, BUT, it has to hurt itself in order to hit hard so after it hurts itself that's your time to KO it with Donphan Prime or just whatever.

It's not Regigigas Lv.X WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

I miss that card =\ Cool artwork, though.

These cards all look pretty amazing and theres deffinetely some great deck archetypes to be created with these cards.

These cards however are NOT broken. everything has a weakness and counter. The new meta game will become who makes the fastest and most consistent deck and who has the most rounded techs to cover all your weaknesses.

i look forward to that

Afro-G said:
Hate to break this to you, ESP but Kyurem is weak to Metal not Lightning so Zekrom doesn't actually hit it that hard. =P

I agree with you though, Regigigas does seem very impressive but I do feel that there are still ways to beat it so we just need to wait until the set's release is closer. By that time people will have more ideas about the new cards and find ways to counter it.

Edit: O hey there Mr. Ninja. ;D

yeah yeah, I should probably look at the cards for more than 10 seconds before I start talking about them. I do stupid things like this too often.

Either way, it's still 2 shotted by both Zekrom and Reshiram, and while it does return the 1 shot (sometimes) to stay even on the prize war, I still am not convinced on Kyurem.

ogeray said:
These cards all look pretty amazing and theres deffinetely some great deck archetypes to be created with these cards.

These cards however are NOT broken. everything has a weakness and counter. The new meta game will become who makes the fastest and most consistent deck and who has the most rounded techs to cover all your weaknesses.

i look forward to that

BDIF will probaply be some kind of ex toolbox (if there's more awesome ex's)
Wich will abuse different ex's for different matchup's

(just my thought)

The new EX cards have tons of HP; it's nice to have cards that won't be constantly one-shotted but, massive Basic abuse is going to upset my Stage 2 friends.

Regigigas is a beast and I can already see the kids down at my League going nutz over it. Also, I bet the first time I play the card to OHKO, they will be surprised. Haha

Think Kyurem will see play with Beartic?

Ty_Sylicus said:
The new EX cards have tons of HP; it's nice to have cards that won't be constantly one-shotted but, massive Basic abuse is going to upset my Stage 2 friends.

Regigigas is a beast and I can already see the kids down at my League going nutz over it. Also, I bet the first time I play the card to OHKO, they will be surprised. Haha

Think Kyurem will see play with Beartic?

Unless some support comes out that makes Kyurem better I doubt it will see much play. Sure, water is one of if not the best attacking type and metal is the best weakness to have but that's where its usefulness stops. The inability to use Hail Blizzard consecutively means it can't get an OHKO every turn even on stuff that's weak to it while it can be 2HKOed back for 2 prizes. The attack cost is just too heavy to be worth it, I think. Plus, it loses to Gigas, Mewtwo, Magnezone, etc.

arcaninesprite1 said:
I find mewtwo and regi ex in a tie of best ex so far, why? sure mewtwo hits for high damage t1 and can stall AND abuse max potion, but regigigas just feels awesome :D
I mean 1 shotting any pokémon whatever it's hp is will be pretty amazing and with dce it could abuse max potion a bit (still not as good as mewtwo does)
But i see regigigas as a really nice card and in some ways better then mewtwo and in other ways not :D

Unless high damage is 40, Mewtwo doesn't hit high T1.

This set will make EP look awful. I still haven't bought a pack of that set.

I had high, but now broken hopes for Kyruem, but Gigas is ok.

The EX artworks looks amazingly amazing. Mewtwo is still my favorite EX though. Regigigas is a decent cars, I mean DCE + Rescuce Energy on it is pretty good. The high HP on these pokemon is going to me annoying to go up against :mad:.

Back