(1) Isshu's Starter Evolutions Leaked; Another New Pokemon [9/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mew the source of all: If you can't see similarites between Combusken and Blaziken, what kind of fan are you?

Right away, you can tell they are both bipedal Fire-type Birds. You can see the way that Combusken's yellow feathers become Blaziken's "crest" on its body. You can see the similar tail retained from Torchic. The orange becomes Red and the Yellow is retained.

Now, you were saying?

Let me count the way Blaze doesn't look like Combusken

1.) The head looks nothing alike.
2.) The hands and arms bear no resemblance. (Furry/feathery to talon)
3.) The coloring is inverted (Top is red for blaze, while Combusken is yellow)
4.) The legs of Combusken are talons, while Blaziken's are covered in fur/feathers.
5.) Blaziken has a wierd beard thing
and 6.) The feathers on the top of the head disappear.

Now obviously none of these are reasons to discount the fact that they're related, plus why should new starters be held to the same principle.

@Mew the source of all: There are enough similarities between Combusken and Blaziken to know that they're related.

combusken.gif
to
BlazikenStnd.jpg

Just take a closer look. :B
Oh, and if you think hard, you'll notice how Combusken's claws and feet switch once it evolves. Its hands becomes Blaziken's feet, and it's feet become Blaziken's hands (and I mean in terms of appearance, not literally xD)

i hope these are fakes cuz i think nintendo could do a better job
but if they are real then i wont complain to much:shy:

OK, caaaaalm down, Mew (don't feel like spelling out your whole name :p).
Now how the heck did we go from the (terrible) starter evolutions to Combusken and Blaziken's similarities and differences?

wow stop saying Combusken and Blaziken dont look similar 'Mew the source of all' becuzz they really do look alike

A few things: I enjoyed reading some of the arguments that the Pokemon are fake because they look ugly, dissimilar to each other, unlike existing Pokemon, or too alike existing Pokemon. Seriously people, do we have to go through this every generation? Please don't use such tired and unreliable methods of proving the Pokemon are real or fake. There are soooo many Pokemon that look like each other who are unrelated, evolutions who change or don't change throughout their line, Pokemon who don't look like other Pokemon, etc. etc. This isn't a valid way of arguing.

As for the character sheet, yes, the designs apparently do not match up exactly (one of the reasons I did not post the evolutions at first). However, this could be for a variety of reasons: for one, the character sheets the animators receive are photocopies, and the image that was leaked on to the Internet is apparently a scan of that photocopy that was enlarged. So, details can get messed up along the way or appear to be different. Another reason the designs could be a little off is because it's simply a reference sheet for height - they usually just throw the images on to the sheet like a cheap copy and paste job, as you can tell by the varying styles of the characters on that sheet (different shading, different sources for the art, from different years, etc. etc.). Team Rocket's outfits don't even match their new ones. Again, this is because that sheet is simply for the animators to see the heights of each of the characters in relation to each other.

As for my long discussion with Pokexperto, he showed me a lot more than what I said in the post. We went through like five drafts of my story before I was allowed to post it because he thought it was too direct and revealing and could endanger his source, so I had to limit what I could say while *strivingggg* to say something that would give some legitimacy to it all. The material he showed me, unlike that Martijn guy's, was obviously from the games... I wish I could say what I saw but then I wouldn't be respecting his wishes and then probably wouldn't be able to ask him for information in the future. Obviously ANYTHING could be a big old elaborate scam, but I doubt a webmaster of an established site who has posted correct info from the same source before would do that. LUCKILY, I have that gem about the covered-up Pokemon in the Pokemon Musicals: eyebrows. If that Pokemon has prominent eyebrows, everything will be validated, and if not, then we'll know it's a scam. So luckily the truth will be revealed soon.

@Mew the source of all: Fine, you want to play that game, huh?

1. Ivysaur/Venusaur - Venusaurs head is very flat compared to Ivysaur. Ear are placed differently
Chameleon/Charizard - Snouts are different, two horns instead of one.
Wartortle/Blastoise - Blastoise doesn't have the "wings" Wartortle did and his head has a snout, unlike Wartortle.

Need I go on?
2. The feathers recede on the arms to reveal the bird arm that was there all along. Opposite for the legs. But you can still see talons at the bottom of Blazikens feet.
3. The yellow feathers and the crest feathers becomes the crest/feather/hair thing on Blaziken. Notice the similarities between the way the yellow interacts with the orange in Combusken and the yellow/red with Blaziken?
4. Number 2
5. Number 3
6. Number 3

The thing is, yes there are Pokemon who's evolutions differ from the original, but never as drastic as these wannabe evolutions.
It honestly seems like the person who made these didn't even try to make them look at least SLIGHTLY similar to the base forms. Just threw a whole bunch of unnecessary things on them to make them cool. Yes, I have to admit, the final evolutions of Mijumaru and Tsutaja do look nice, but they're better off being their own Pokemon rather than being evolutions of the starters.

And LOL at WPM. I enjoyed arguing and watching the arguments as well.
I just hope this is all just a little joke someone tried to pull off. These evolutions are just... fugly. :x

You only THINK they look alike because you're so used to them. I'll admit Miju's final evolution seems like too drastic of a change, but maybe the same could be said of other starters too. Torchic and Blaziken? Squirtle and Blastoise? Cyndaquil and Typhlosion? Piplup and Empoleon? Turtwig and Torterra (it's got a freakin' tree sticking out of its back!)?

These last evolutions have more differences than previous starters (I could take the time to list them, but I'd rather not). The exception is Pokabu's final form which looks too close to its second form to even be an evolution.

Thank you WPM.

Again like WPM said, this goes on like every generation, I'm just saying not everything must fit the status queue. I mean why should it what purpose does it serve to say this doesn't look like a pokemon so therefore it can't be. Just becuase it doesn't look pretty or you think it can't fit doesn't mean it can't.

Hey, think about it WPM. Turtwig starts out with a twig on its head. Which (I don't know how) goes onto its back as a fully grown tree (right after being a bush).

Well the total differences between forms DRASTICALLY changed. How many starters started out bipedal then became quadrupedal? Mijumaru's final is just too different and it loses the cool charm that made the middle evo look like a fighting type. And how many pokemon start out on four legs then switch to two? These things do not make sense, and GF would have never made such changes unless they were subtle (like swampert is able to stand on two legs but is still mainly quadrupedal like Mudkip, Marshtomp is an exception because it is a middle evo). I don't like how starter evolutions keep getting more and more complex. I like tsutaaja's final evo a lot, but i really hope the others are fake. Why gamefreak why.

@WPM: Frankly, I'm mister OMG-Torchic-Fan but even the newbiest Pokemon player could tell the similarities between the Torchic line outweigh the differences.

BUT theyyy resemble eachother!! miju and his last evo is just wowowowow! it cant be... the other 2 look good but mijus evo is just wow they killed the samurai he had so much potetial and now its that thing im dissapoited in miju sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back