(1) 'HeartGold & SoulSilver' Press Release and Set Logo [12/3]

Okay so here's how I think it will be-
HGSS 1-Released in February,I'm thinking these will be the greats-Typholision,Megnamium,Feraligator,Donphan,Ampharos and Ursaring. My reasioning being that those are the ones that purely Johto related the other ones have some Kanto relation(Pichu for Raichu,Zubat/Golbat for Crobat,Chansey for Blissey and Slowpoke/Slowbro for Slowking)
Also remember Japan is delaying their latest set so we won't be that far behind

HGSS 2-Released after Regionals, around like April or May. These Greats
Slowking,Raichu,Blissey,Crobat and Kingdra, as he is not a mascot of the set and has Kanto relations. Scizor seems to be a mascot so probably not him and which leaves us with Steelix as a possibility or we just have 5 greats.

HGSS 3- Released after Worlds, like August and will have their HGSS 2 greats and maybe a promo one.
So like these
Tyranitar,Houndoom,Lanturn,Steelix,Scizor and then a possible promo(s) to give us six depending on what is released in our HGSS 2 set.

looks like there gonna be some good cards to add to the collection

Glad to see my theory I posted two or so weeks ago came true. =] However, I hope we only have trash cut from this set, as Legend2 is thus far shaping to be the next SV. According to the press release, we will have 2 Primes cut. (Hopes for Blissey)

Pretty cool Ho-oh art and set logo. Can't wait for the booster images to be released.

*Hopes Donphan gets cut so Ursaring becomes awesome. Crobat can go as well*

Its a shame the set is getting a reduce in cards. Cfourcoltsfan's theory could make the most amount of sense right now.

As I said I think it will be Blissey and Crobat and really when you think about it makes sense
1st HGSS set has all pure Johto pokemon
2nd HGSS set has all pokemon with connections to Kanto
3rd HGSS set is a mix of Kanto and Johto breed
So I really think these will be the greats for each set
1st-Feraligator,Megnamium,Typholision,Ampharos,Ursaring, and Donphan
2nd-Crobat,Blissey,Raichu, Slowking
3rd-Kingdra,Steelix,Scizor,Houndoom,Lanturn and Tyranitar

Also I'm really starting to think that the second set will have only 4 greats so the 3rd one can be a 50-50 mix.
Not really like SV but more of MD, I think, MD had the same as the set before and considerably less than what came after. But there could be more promos which could displace everything. That happened in RR.

When I said Legend2 would be the next SV, I was referring to the playability of the cards. =p Yeah, Legend2 will fill a similar role to MD when it came out. However, if we don't have any amazing cards cut out, then buying Legend2 is a no-no.

If DCE was cut I'm going to sob. Same goes for Tyrogue. Other than that I'm gonna be fine...

I have something to say about the cutting of 44 cards. If you take the cut cards and the battle starters/Metagross vs. Leafeon you have enough cards for another set so it may be a way for bringing those battle starters/Metagross vs. Leafeon to the U.S.

First off... I have to say, they're getting really uncreative with the theme deck names. bbl guys I'm going to Target to pick up EMBER SPARK.

I kind of wanted Slowking (Prime) to be in the set, but oh well. If they cut Jumpluff I'm cutting someone. If they're going to cut any Prime, please let it be Blissey or Ursaring, just not the cool cards please thanks.

Nice logo. The art is really getting better than ever with this set.

I found something interesting the press release. It states:

"Spectacular Energy, Trainer & Supporter cards to expand gameplay options."

It mentions, "Trainer" and not "Goods". Could this mean that the name Trainer will still be around for the English version?

Oboy170 said:
I have something to say about the cutting of 44 cards. If you take the cut cards and the battle starters/Metagross vs. Leafeon you have enough cards for another set so it may be a way for bringing those battle starters/Metagross vs. Leafeon to the U.S.
I wish we could just the cards the same way they do in Japan.

Blue Thunder said:
I found something interesting the press release. It states:

"Spectacular Energy, Trainer & Supporter cards to expand gameplay options."

It mentions, "Trainer" and not "Goods". Could this mean that the name Trainer will still be around for the English version?

Maybe the Trainer - Trainer will be trainer - goods, like the trainer - Pokémon Tool and Trainer Tecnical Machine, or the inverse: Goods - trainer, Goods - Pokémon Tool and Goods - Tecnical Machine.

There's also the chance who wrote the press release didn't know about the change.

Oboy170 said:

I agree with you. Most Japanese set cards have been done in English.

Mew Jadester said:
I will be very, very, very mad if the Ninetales will be cut.
Seeing that one of the WC Halfdecks has a Ninetales in it, I see them keeping the HG/SS one in the first set.

Back