(1) English X/Y Cards Revealed! [11/15]

Momaster12 said:
Just realized that there is only about 70 Pokémon this Gen, so does that mean we could get each Gen 6 Pokémon in this set? (Minus Zygarde)

Interesting thought...I love if it were to happen (it'd make my Pokédex Collection much easier to complete), but what with the staggering number of older Pokémon found in Kalos, I doubt it. They'd probably want to include quite a few of these older 'mons too. With the small amount of new Pokémon, though, I'm betting multiple cards will be released of many of them.

I think would've been cool to introduce them over three sets; include the majority of the new Pokémon found in the Central Kalos 'dex in the first, Coastal in the second, and Mountain in the third. Pokémon revealed to be in the first set have already shot down the theory but I still wish it were true. Would've been a nice nod to Gen I (and with all the nostalgia they're throwing at us...).

I bet they are going to make duplicates of the starters and their evos. Then they can get closer to 146 without having too many older mons and not enough new mons.

That the Japanese text is better is just an illusion: it looks better because we can't read it. This makes it look more like an image and less like text.

Mega Blastoise is still crazy, but fortunately not as powerful as Mega Venusaur. Easier to counterattack = won't survive as long = deals less damage, even with that 60 bench damage.

Anyone else wish they handled Aegislash a bit differently? It's pretty much just a gimmick in this state. Well... Attack Aegislash is alright (not many non-EX cards can deal 120 damage without a negative effect attached to the attack) so it still works as a stand-alone card (not good, not bad), but I wish they also allowed you to discard an Aegislash (ONLY with an Aegislash under it!), or flip a coin and return it to the hand with heads (same condition obviously), or anything like that.

GamerXYZ said:
That the Japanese text is better is just an illusion: it looks better because we can't read it. This makes it look more like an image and less like text.
I can read Japanese without much trouble and I think Japanese characters look much better than English letters. So it's not entirely an illusion; Japanese generally looks pretty.

GamerXYZ said:

バード takes up far less space and let's more background through than BARD.

This marks the first time an English card has EVER looked better than a Japansese card.
As a Japanese collector, this upsets me a bit, but it might inspire me to try out the game now that I'm gonna buy some cards in English.
It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

I am going to play the hell out of that Greninja. It totally suites my play-style perfectly, and is a seriously dangerous card. Seems like it could be a really top-tier deck if it is piloted by the right player.

Does Evolutionary Soda mark the death of Rare Candy? Probably not. It certainly makes the prospect of building a Stage 1 with a Stage 2 in one Deck quite inviting!

I just realized something. Although the Megas are named M [name] EX, there aren't any notice, that it has to evolve it from Basic Pokémon EX. Does it mean, I can Mega evolve a classic Pokémon (i. e. Venusaur into M Venusaur EX)?
According to PokéBeach main page, on the card actually stays: “When one of your Pokémon becomes a Mega evolution Pokémon, your turn ends.” It really doesn't say anything about it has to evolve from EX Pokémon.
Anyway, I hope, they make Fighting/Psychic/Dark versions of the finela evo starters, too. It'd be shame if they wouldn't, when they actually are dual-typed.
The same would be great for Charizard. An colorless version would be awsome surprise for opponent. Or a fighting Infernape or Torterra (there actually are some of those versions like delta species, though).
It doesn't have to be a special delta species, if in game there are 'mons often multicolored…

Now I'm waiting for Hawlucha card.

NotSeen said:
I just realized something. Although the Megas are named M [name] EX, there aren't any notice, that it has to evolve it from Basic Pokémon EX. Does it mean, I can Mega evolve a classic Pokémon (i. e. Venusaur into M Venusaur EX)?

Actually, the card does state: "Evolves from Venasaur EX".

NotSeen said:
Anyway, I hope, they make Fighting/Psychic/Dark versions of the finela evo starters, too. It'd be shame if they wouldn't, when they actually are dual-typed.
The same would be great for Charizard. An colorless version would be awsome surprise for opponent. Or a fighting Infernape or Torterra (there actually are some of those versions like delta species, though).
I would virtually guarantee there will be a Fighting-type Chesnaught, Psychic-type Delphox, and Darkness-type Greninja...eventually. It won't likely happen in the first set, but I'm sure those versions will be coming in the filler sets once each Kalos Pokémon has been included in the TCG.

I'm also willing to bet that when the inevitable Mega Charizard X is released, it'll be a Dragon-type. Not sure if Mega Charizard Y would be Colorless, though...it'll most likely be Fire-type, but like you said, a Colorless-type would be a nice surprise.

Anyone else notice Evolutionary Soda has no rule saying you can't use two on the same pokemon? It doesn't say anything about not using it on a pokemon that evolved that turn and it doesn't say it counts as evolving.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Anyone else notice Evolutionary Soda has no rule saying you can't use two on the same pokemon? It doesn't say anything about not using it on a pokemon that evolved that turn and it doesn't say it counts as evolving.

Keep in mind that this is a rough translation of the Japanese card. It's probably not worded exactly like the translation.

Four Arms said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

Keep in mind that this is a rough translation of the Japanese card. It's probably not worded exactly like the translation.

Good point.

Wow thosre cards look pretty sweet XD. I also liked the ones in the previous posts as well and the scans. Been busy with X so have not been posing in the news much but should be a bit more active in the section once my dex is complete XD.:)

PumpedAaron said:
Actually, the card does state: "Evolves from Venasaur EX".
Oh, sorry, I didn't noticed it. Okay. It's shame, 'cuz it does mean, that we will need at least 2 or 3 super-rare cards in the deck (when we counting both EX's and Mega EX's as more then holo rare cards), when we want to use megas, but whatever.

Btw., I remembered one more thing. It hangs with the fairy typed Pokémon cards. Not counting already mentioned Swirlix, Snubbull, Granbull and Xerneas EX, there was one more: Sylveon. Do we know its full card already? I mean, the only thing I saw, was a blurry incomplete card on PokéBeach as part of some deck or so... if you know about a whole clear scan/photo, can you post a link on it? Thanks.

NotSeen said:
Btw., I remembered one more thing. It hangs with the fairy typed Pokémon cards. Not counting already mentioned Swirlix, Snubbull, Granbull and Xerneas EX, there was one more: Sylveon. Do we know its full card already? I mean, the only thing I saw, was a blurry incomplete card on PokéBeach as part of some deck or so... if you know about a whole clear scan/photo, can you post a link on it? Thanks.

Sylveon from a box opening

And fairy Dedenne from Corocoro

Back