(1) English Names Revealed for Latest Batch of News, New Type Changes [9/13]

English names look pretty good.

My only concern now is whether or not we can trade Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y between games...

EDIT: Electric Pokémon are now resistant to paralysis! :D

Grass is now immune to Powder moves and Spore moves?!
Electric Pokemon cant be parahax?!
Ghost Pokemon can switch when ever they want?!

All of my want here. ^_^ (No more spore spam!)

Braixen?
I can live with this.

The battle animation of it removing the stick and the end of it being on fire was pretty neat if not humorous :p

Furfrou is kindof annoying namewise IMO, but its better than say Poudle or something.

Tyrunt is the Royal Heir Pokémon/Young Lord Pokémon? Interested to see what it's evo will look like. =o

A mobile phone version of the Global Link website? I like where this is going. I almost never use the current site now because I don't typically play my DS in front of my computer.

All of the names seem to be pretty good. Glad the global link will have a mobile site or app, and they fixed D/C from a battle. :)

>A new feature allows you to groom it in several ways, though if you don't for a while, it will change back to its regular look.

This. This right here. I like this. This is the most realistic thing in the history of the Pokemon series.

>Grass-types Pokemon are now immune to powder and spore moves. Ghost-type Pokemon are now immune to effects that prevent fleeing. Electric-type Pokemon are now immune to paralysis.

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

>Pyroar have major gender differences. The male with the largest mane becomes the pride's leader while the female protects the pride's young.

Not Luxray confirmed!

I like the English names. My only complaint about any of the news is... Pyroars gender difference isn't exactly what I expected. ._. I just think the long flowy mane is kinda odd. It reminds me a lot of Pidgeot or Jessie's hair. o_O I was hoping for either a very short trim or no mane at all. But ah well, its no huge deal. It looks alright over all.

Seeing the official full scale art of Quilladin helps me like it a little more... and I just can't hate its personality. "Despite its prickly appearance, Quilladin is considered a gentle Pokémon that avoids battle." D'aawww. I think it looks better in game too.
But this just steers me away from it being a possible Dark type even more. And it doesn't help that they sure seemed to emphasize Mud Shot on the website with the screenshots. But then, they emphasized Psyshock for Braixen and Bounce for Frogadier too...

The blue cut Furfrou (love the name, btw, as well as Tyrunt's) is definitely my favorite of them, besides the original.

In regards to Amaura, I noticed that there is something about it that has never been in Ken Sugimori art before. The way the yellowish pink frills on the top of its head gradually fade out and are outlined in a dark yellow is definitely something new in his art, which is what leads me to believe why people are saying it looks "fake". He outlines his fire in red but that's about it. I personally like it though, its new and interesting and something we haven't seen before.

Zielo said:
In regards to Amaura, I noticed that there is something about it that has never been in Ken Sugimori art before. The way the yellowish pink frills on the top of its head gradually fade out and are outlined in a dark yellow is definitely something new in his art, which is what leads me to believe why people are saying it looks "fake". He outlines his fire in red but that's about it. I personally like it though, its new and interesting and something we haven't seen before.

I think he was going for an Aurora Borealis type of thing for Amaura's frills.

Galaco. said:
Maybe the woman they revealed (Diantha) is gonna be the champion.

Damn, I was hoping to be the first to call that. I give it a 90% chance of happening.

Love all these names, and the rest of the new info too.

I noticed this on the website: "The stylish Pokémon Furfrou can have its appearance changed by grooming. There are number of different appearances it can take, and the more you groom it, the more styles may become available!"

Maybe there are more designs than just the 3 we've seen? That or maybe we just have to unlock all 3 and those are our only options.
As a side note, it has a really good new ability.

Also, I think the wording on the site somewhat confirms that Pyroar is a direct evolution of Litleo.
When Litleo evolves into Pyroar, it gains a great mane of burning flame! Male and female Pyroar have different forms.
And compared to Fletchling/Talonflame:
An evolved form of the recently announced Fletchling , Talonflame is a Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon that gains a whole new level of speed and firepower. It dives at foes, and then attacks with devastating kicks.
jdivinity said:
I think he was going for an Aurora Borealis type of thing for Amaura's frills.

Thats kinda what I figured, I think it looks nice. Its still something we've never seen before.

Zielo said:

What threw me off about it was how its eyeballs don't even come close to realistically fitting in its skull. It's like a Powerpuff Girls / My Little Pony character, like Lauren Faust guest-designed a pokemon.

That's not a bad thing in itself, though. They were certainly going for ultra-contrast with Tyrunt, and I'm hoping for an awesome, majestic pleiosaur evo

Okay, everybody, a theory: Diantha is actually Audrey Hepburn with blue contact lens.

The eyebrows give it away.

All of the type-specific status condition immunities are pretty rad. But they've confirmed that Hail, again, does not give Ice-types a boost like Sandstorm does to Rock-types. So much for my dreams. :'(

I love the gender differences on Pyroar, the female looks sleeker and better imo.

Amaura still doesn't look like a fossil Pokémon to me. But that doesn't mean I hate it. I think its cute.

Groomed Furfrou looks hilarious, adorable and FABULOUS DAHLING! all at the same time.

Back