(1) Darkrai Wi-Fi Distribution Starting May 9th [4/25]

Timid Darkrai... I'm sorry, but when you think about it, it's just funny. :p Kinda odd how they're finally giving it to us though after about a year. Oh well. Better late then never! =D

evilpacman said:
Ugh, how about a Manaphy for once.

Buy Pokemon Ranger (the first one (new)) beat the game and all of the Ranger Net mission enter the code (on Serebii/Bulbapedia) beat that mission and transfer that egg to DPPt and hatch it, or trade for it. Any way, Manaphy is Ranger exclusive (to my knowledge).
Also, Nature manipulation can be done by Left Trigger+Right Trigger+Start+Select(soft reset, this kind of allows you to select what Nature you get (after a few shots :D)
Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
I already have a Timid x/x/x/29/x/31 Darkrai from Newmoon Island, so I'm good. Although, I suppose another wouldn't hurt.

Nice Darkrai, EV trained. That would be good :D.

Wait... it's due to release on May 9th? .... Boy then the toystore where I usually buy cards have screwed up xD

I bought three packs, of Dark explorers, YESTERDAY. (might be because I caught a glimpse of the new box in their counter.... but not on display.... woops xD )
I better rush off and buy more before they realize they're not supposed to be released yet!

DinoGoat said:
Wait... it's due to release on May 9th? ... Boy then the toystore where I usually buy cards have screwed up xD

I bought three packs, of Dark explorers, YESTERDAY. (might be because I caught a glimpse of the new box in their counter.... but not on display.... woops xD )
I better rush off and buy more before they realize they're not supposed to be released yet!

Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttt!? Must go to your store with all of my money :D

Blui129 said:
Buy Pokemon Ranger (the first one (new)) beat the game and all of the Ranger Net mission enter the code (on Serebii/Bulbapedia) beat that mission and transfer that egg to DPPt and hatch it, or trade for it. Any way, Manaphy is Ranger exclusive (to my knowledge).

I remember there being a Manaphy Wi-Fi event for Japanese HG/SS games. It never came for English versions though. :(

Anyway this is awesome. Darkrai was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting the next Wi-Fi to be Tornadus/Thundurus since that anime episode featuring them is going to air in English very soon.

^ Oh, yes that did happen but I was counting English games only.
If the Darkrai does hold an Enigma Berry my event berry collection will begin again. :D

Chariblaze said:
Huh. Good time to do it, I suppose, but have there been TCG tie-ins like this before?

Platinum Arceus - Toys"R"US Arceus

Noble Victories - V-create Victini

Next Destinies - Mewtwo

Dark Explorers - Darkrai

Red Striker said:
YES!

All of my other Darkrais I obtained were when I really didn't know what the heck I was doing. Now I can finally have one with a decent Nature (the one from Plat has Relaxed lol) etc.

Wait... There's a pattern. When ND was released, Mewtwo was distributed. Now we have Darkrai. So, when the US Dragon set comes out (whatever its name might be), does that mean we'll get Raquaza with the possibility of it being shiny? It would also tie in with the fact that Conquest is set to come out along the same timeframe as the set after DE.

If we got that Shiny Rayquaza, it would be in June, to tie-in with the release of Pokemon Conquest.
I'm thinking the Shiny Random Dragon Eggs for our August set.
Here's a good name - Dragon EXplosion?

Teeboy23 said:
Darkrai EX. I predict a Darkrai Event in May :) Love the Boxart of Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2! :D

This prediction was made months ago. I should of figured!

Well, this is good. I have the 10th movie event but it's not legit. Well, it is legit, it's the way I got it that isn't legit... Now I'll have a real one...

Blui129 said:
Also, Nature manipulation can be done by Left Trigger+Right Trigger+Start+Select(soft reset, this kind of allows you to select what Nature you get (after a few shots :D)

Nice Darkrai, EV trained. That would be good :D.

Can this still be done? I thought Manaphy was distributed to these games through an event.

xxashxx said:
Oh you mean the one for 5th Gen XD? If so I have it in all natures on Pearl.:)

No. The event was for 4th gen.

Teal said:
Meh, I have this already, they gave it away this winter in Helsinki.

Okay. You have a Japanese copy of the game. Yippeeeeeee.

Looking forward to this. I need a a Darkrai I can jank up without penalties.

GreenAiden555 said:
Okay. You have a Japanese copy of the game. Yippeeeeeee.
Actually, I DO. I do have a real Japanese Black. 8)
But they gave Darkrai away last December in Helsinki (Finland) for English B/W games. It was an event held alongside the finals of the Finnish Wii Championships in Kamppi mall.

evilpacman said:
Can this still be done? I thought Manaphy was distributed to these games through an event.

Only on the first Pokemon Ranger, it has a code thingy.
Teeboy23 said:
Platinum Arceus - Toys"R"US Arceus

Noble Victories - V-create Victini

Next Destinies - Mewtwo

Dark Explorers - Darkrai

If we got that Shiny Rayquaza, it would be in June, to tie-in with the release of Pokemon Conquest.
I'm thinking the Shiny Random Dragon Eggs for our August set.
Here's a good name - Dragon EXplosion?

sorry, but the Victini was to do with the movie not the set, I think Dragon Exhibition will be the next set name (Next Destiny, Dark Explorers, Dragon Exhibition

Blui129 said:
Only on the first Pokemon Ranger, it has a code thingy.

sorry, but the Victini was to do with the movie not the set, I think Dragon Exhibition will be the next set name (Next Destiny, Dark Explorers, Dragon Exhibition

Nope. Manaphy had a distro event. Level 50 w/ a Red Scarf.

And the Victini thing.. Not really worth arguing over. He/she/it isn't wrong in saying it was a tie-in, but all 3 happened at the same time.

And I don't see the bolded connection. They're trying to make focus of the EX in each set's name.

Yeah, I know, but the only english ones have been from PR. The Lv.50 one @ Red Scarf would have been awesome. The bolded connection is to do with a journey, the NXD is the dream, DEX is the people who share those dreams, and then there is Dragon Exhibition (possibly) which is the journey itself, this will coincide with BW2 being released I think shortly after, I thought a bit about it, and I thought that name would be good. I do know that there is a fake set called Dragon Exhibition on this forum.

Blui129 said:
sorry, but the Victini was to do with the movie not the set

The Event, the TCG set, and the movie all coincided with each other. Noble Victories was released two weeks before the Victini event began and Pokemon The Movie: White Victini and Zekrom premiered in theaters.

I think the Japanese Freeze Shock and Ice Burn sets will be released in the US in October instead of November.

Hey everyone! Darkrai is now available via Nintendo Wi-Fi already.
Darkrai's information:
Lv.50
Cherish Ball(Obviously)
Moves: Dark Void, Ominous Wind, Faint Attack, Nightmare
OT: 2012MAY
ID: 05092

Back