(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaks - New B2W2, Anime, and TCG Info! [5/11]

Avegaille said:
Ohoho, Bianca with glasses... me likes. :p

And also Cheren and N... but N is still missing, I wonder if the plot for BW2 also involves this... all too exciting.

And lol, PokeWood... didn't know it was short for Pokemon + Hollywood... I thought it was something else. Ha... *flees*

yeah? what did you think XD?..a pokemon lumber factory?

I get excited about every Pokemon game that comes out, but this game takes that to a whole new level! Ive been waiting for something like the world tournament feature forever and the fact that they have it in here makes me want the game 100000 times more. The only thing that bothers me is that these games are set many years after firered and leafgreen, so shouldn't the sprites and artwork for the old leaders and champions reflect that? I hope they aren't just rehashing the old sprites, because that would be a bummer.

LoneLucario said:
I get excited about every Pokemon game that comes out, but this game takes that to a whole new level! Ive been waiting for something like the world tournament feature forever and the fact that they have it in here makes me want the game 100000 times more. The only thing that bothers me is that these games are set many years after firered and leafgreen, so shouldn't the sprites and artwork for the old leaders and champions reflect that? I hope they aren't just rehashing the old sprites, because that would be a bummer.

Well, it looks like they are! But atleast we are getting to battle them and that's a really good thing.
And yeah you are right though, by this time in pokeworld, Misty, Gary etc should have considerably aged up, but Pokemon ain't all that about aging. Look at Ash...still 10 and still oblivious about the female gender :p..if you know what i mean xD

ameyzing said:
Well, it looks like they are! But atleast we are getting to battle them and that's a really good thing.
And yeah you are right though, by this time in pokeworld, Misty, Gary etc should have considerably aged up, but Pokemon ain't all that about aging. Look at Ash...still 10 and still oblivious about the female gender :p..if you know what i mean xD

Hahaha true I guess in a world where kids catch monsters inside tiny spheres aging is the last thing on anyone's mind, although it does show laziness on Gamefreaks part :/

So much news! I'll cover each scan in order:

• Scan 1 - The new Sugimori art for the Unova starters is pretty awesome. The new Yusuke Ohmura art for N is interesting, though I still like the original Sugimori art more. Cheren becoming the first Gym Leader and Bianca staying as the Professor's assistant makes complete sense, so I'm glad they went with that.
  • Scan 2 - Everything about Pokéwood comes together - Brycen, who has been mentioned to be in films since even BW, is shown in a film, and Pokémon has the inevitable battle between its "Super Robot" Golurk and its Godzilla, Tyranitar. It all makes perfect sense.
  • Scan 3 - Awesome new formes. Incarnation and Sacred Beast... That'll take some getting used to. Hopefully the U.S. names aren't too different. Can't wait to see their new stat distributions and clear versions of their Sugimori art.
  • Scan 4 - It's about time something like this happened, though it seems like you're only going to be able to fight three of their Pokémon at a time instead of a full team... I was hoping for something closer to the Resort House in Platinum.
  • Scans 5 & 6 - Finally, the Sugimori art for Meloetta's formes. Took them long enough. :/
  • Scan 7 - The artwork for the Kyurem EX cards seem a little busy, but still kinda cool.

On the scan with Bianca, Cheren, Alder, N, and the starters, on the right you can see a tiny part of the Unova map.
So does this mean that the full map is there too? (Just wasn't leaked.)
It is just above the female character's (that you can play as) head.

Wow, Staraptor/Fearow/Articuno/Lugia/Ho-Oh/insertotherrandombird looks so cool! ;)

I want to know more. No, not about the characters, I don't care about them. Do we have move tutors, Battle Frontier, post game content... What? Needs moar.

I really hope the Elite Four Champion's (and the others) Pokemon are extremely high level.
DIFFICULTTY TO DA MAX!

I get the odd feeling that the new forms are going to be using the Hidden Abilities instead - namely Defiant, or Sheer Force in Landorus' case. I'm not sure what that might portend.
Honestly all I really care about are the Gym Leader rematches; seeing Blue and several of the Kanto characters here makes me quite happy. I wonder what theme music they'll be using, and if Blue is using his old track, remixed and buried deep within the game?

TDL said:
You also have to look at the fact that if they buff the (Special) Attack, one of the other stats might be lowered to balance the change. My bets are on the Speed stat or their other offensive stat which would be brutal to Landorus to have a weaker HP Ice. It already fails to OHKO Gliscor with no investment. The Kami Trio (IDK why people call it the Cloud Trio) are rather cramped in terms of stats, so these formes might have a negative trait to go with their positives.

For fun I ran some calcs seeing just how brutal Landorus could be if it got an attack boost. If we're talking about 150 Atk, it is capable of OHKOing Skarmory (and by extension everything but Bronzong) after a Swords Dance boost in Sandstorm with an Adamant nature, with the kill being guaranteed under Stealth Rock. I think 140 or 135 are more likely numbers, in which case I do not believe you get key OHKOs and the attack stat is less significant (as Landorus can already OHKO everything else and Speed/Priority is the only other way of beating it). So I guess somewhere near 150 is the golden line where stat shifts change from detrimental to beneficial.

bacon said:
For fun I ran some calcs seeing just how brutal Landorus could be if it got an attack boost. If we're talking about 150 Atk, it is capable of OHKOing Skarmory (and by extension everything but Bronzong) after a Swords Dance boost in Sandstorm with an Adamant nature, with the kill being guaranteed under Stealth Rock. I think 140 or 135 are more likely numbers, in which case I do not believe you get key OHKOs and the attack stat is less significant (as Landorus can already OHKO everything else and Speed/Priority is the only other way of beating it). So I guess somewhere near 150 is the golden line where stat shifts change from detrimental to beneficial.

DNA said:
I get the odd feeling that the new forms are going to be using the Hidden Abilities instead - namely Defiant, or Sheer Force in Landorus' case. I'm not sure what that might portend.

How would that look instead on your calcs? Bear in mind that what I'm saying is only a theory and their abilities might stay the same, but for some reason, I doubt that. (I also think that the new Kyurem forms are getting the exclusive "Mold Breaker"-esque abilities as well.)

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
How would that look instead on your calcs? Bear in mind that what I'm saying is only a theory and their abilities might stay the same, but for some reason, I doubt that. (I also think that the new Kyurem forms are getting the exclusive "Mold Breaker"-esque abilities as well.)

Not that different! Stone Edge, which is what you'd be hitting Skarmory or Gliscor with, has the secondary effect of having a high critical hit ratio so it would be boosted by Sheer Force by 33%. This is the same boost that Sand Force offers, so really you are trading away the heightened critical hit bonus for not having to keep Sandstorm on the field.

Unfortunately Sheer Force offers no boost to Earthquake. Presuming once again the 150 Atk and Adamant nature with Life Orb and a Swords Dance boost, you have a chance of OHKOing Bold Suicune (not guaranteed even with Stealth Rock). However the 150 Atk stat is pretty unrealistic, so if we're going for 135 or 140 then the OHKOs on Bold Suicune are less likely and definitely require Stealth Rock/Spikes. Nobody really uses Suicune anymore, but I'm using it as the example here because it's the bulkiest grounded Water that you'd ever see in standard play. If you want to be a hipster and use Unaware Quagsire then you can comfortably survive a SD Earthquake, but if Landorus catches you on the switch and hits you with two Earthquakes instead, there is a real danger of being 2HKO'd.

Tangrowth, Torterra and Bronzong are probably the best answers you would get to this guy due to their typing and defenses, but I'm not sure what you can do to OHKO it back quickly. How I wish Bronzong could learn Avalanche.

It's...
It's....

a Phoenix, a Tiger, and a Dragon.

=w=;;;
That's my guess on em because there's no way Thundurus can be a snake, and Landorus is obviously a tiger.
Tornadus could be any bird but it seems to look like a phoenix (since it's shape does resemble ho-oh and was a first guess in the AR searcher)

The forms could also be slightly based off of the Japanese dieties.

Thundurus = Raijin. Raijin has a demon companion pet named Raiju, which is a weasel thing, and The sacred beast Thundurus can be potentially shown as a weasel.

Tornadus.... birds live in the sky, sky has wind (no real connection)

Landorus = Inari, and one of Inari's sacred animals is the fox, and sacred beast Landorus looks loosely based off of a fox.

Chinese legends work too.

Teeboy23 said:
I wonder how Best Wishes 2 will be in the dub. Season 16? Probably, and if Japan's getting it on June 21st 2012, then it should be airing in the US around late September, early October.
If it is season 16, and since it would air around September or October, TPCi would probably show the Kyurem movie in the US before then!

don()shinobi said:
>>New Thundurus form focuses on Special Attack
>>Special Attack
>>Still gets (presumably) Nasty Plot and (presumably) Prankster
>>Thundurus is currently Uber
oh lawd
This was my thought when I saw Thundurus, even if its something like 135/101, its still excellent.

bacon said:
Not that different! Stone Edge, which is what you'd be hitting Skarmory or Gliscor with, has the secondary effect of having a high critical hit ratio so it would be boosted by Sheer Force by 33%. This is the same boost that Sand Force offers, so really you are trading away the heightened critical hit bonus for not having to keep Sandstorm on the field.
Pretty sure Stone Edge isn't boosted by Sheer Force. That's why Darmanitan run Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge.

Back