(1) 'Cocoon of Destruction' Teaser Synopsis [1/15]

I don't like how they're making Yveltal the bad guy here, in all other games starring mascot legendaries, there was never a "bad guy" one, also, this Movie makes it seem like people who have Y are evil or something for getting Yveltal.

Blob55 said:
I don't like how they're making Yveltal the bad guy here, in all other games starring mascot legendaries, there was never a "bad guy" one, also, this Movie makes it seem like people who have Y are evil or something for getting Yveltal.

Well.... the fact that Yveltal is the 'the Destruction Pokémon' and it's name resembles the word, evil. I believe it only makes sense that Yveltal will be 'the bad guy.' Making Yveltal the villain of the movie, will only make it look more awesome. Did people ever hate Mewtwo or Giratina just because they were, 'the bad guys?'
In the DP trilogy, Dialga constantly sought after Palkia, attacking it. So for those people who chose Diamond over Pearl, were they considered or looked at as evil?
Who knows, maybe at the end of the movie, Xerneas and Ash will show Yveltal what love and compassion is.... and they all live happily ever after.

Prince Dedenne said:
Who knows, maybe at the end of the movie, Xerneas and Ash will show Yveltal what love and compassion is.... and they all live happily ever after.
That's what I fear.

Hey, maybe we'll get lucky this time and ash will repeat the whole "stupidly throw yourself in the pokemon attack" thing from the first movie.

Only this time, the "attack" will be DEATH F****** WING.

Aaaaaand that's our happy ending.

Looks very interesting indeed. I just hope that Xerneas and Yveltal have a huge epic battle.

Oh yeah, and NO TALKING FROM THEM EITHER. I hated that friggin gimmick in half of these movies. The only way I could see a Pokémon talking is if it is Mewtwo or some other Psychic-like Legendary. Seeing these two talking would just seem weird. It would be like if they gave Arceus a voice....

Momaster12 said:
Looks very interesting indeed. I just hope that Xerneas and Yveltal have a huge epic battle.

Oh yeah, and NO TALKING FROM THEM EITHER. I hated that friggin gimmick in half of these movies. The only way I could see a Pokémon talking is if it is Mewtwo or some other Psychic-like Legendary. Seeing these two talking would just seem weird. It would be like if they gave Arceus a voice....

but they did give Arceus a voice, and he was a regal mofo too.

Eh, it looks like it will be another disappointment. I wish they made movies with the same quality as the first movie. There are a plot with strong character backgrounds and motivations, internal conflicts, moral debate, a god complex-- everything. It was exciting enough to hold your attention the whole time and even had emotional moments that adults could relate to. For a kid's movie, it certainly contained elements to make it deep enough for its audience.

The Cocoon of Destruction sounds like it will be another 'Legendary Pokemon Appears Evil but is Shown How to Not Be Evil Through the Power of Friendship and Compassion' movie. I had high hopes for the last movie with Mewtwo because it tied into the show and had tons of potential but ended up disappointed when it couldn't live up to its potential and followed the same rehashed format as most of the modern movies. The past few years have movies that just feel like extended episodes and I think this one will the same. Then again, so few details have been released and I may be jumping the gun on this one. We'll see whether it will be a flop or not once more details are provided.

ECHOxLegend said:
Momaster12 said:

but they did give Arceus a voice, and he was a regal mofo too.

Yeah I know, it was a joke... Its voice was stupid and unnecessary.

Back