(1) BW5 'Dragon Blade' and 'Dragon Blast' Scans! [3/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ho-Oh could make a nice tech with decks that run the new Empoleon...if Empoleon turns out to be good, Stage 2 with lightning weakness isn't too great.

These translations are taking a while.

Off topic- Dark Explorers booster packs have been revealed on the Pokemon website.

PokeGasm said:
Ho-Oh could make a nice tech with decks that run the new Empoleon...if Empoleon turns out to be good, Stage 2 with lighting weakness isn't too great.
Since when has Lightning weakness EVER been a good thing to have a weakness to?

don()shinobi said:
Now that I look at it, Ho-Oh EX can have some serious potential. Just discard it with something like Sage's Training (Yes, I know we probably won't have that anymore when we get Ho-Oh. But do I care? Not really, there have to be some other discard cards) or Juniper and BAM, revive it and do 80 damage right off the bat.
...what? Why are you giving me that look?
Oh, EXCUSE me for wanting to have fun and play decks that involve more than 2 types of basic energy. >:I

Sages is in CoL, so we probably will have it.
I'm assuming it wont go out with the HGSS sets because that would make all the reprints totally pointless.

Metalizard said:
^That's a recent trend in japanese cards... The Victini theme deck for example (the one released along with the movie) also had those reverse-holo-like cards...

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured, but I haven't seen those cards but didn't know. Thanks! Can't wait to see how they look in person. :3

OMG wait a second! New durant! I play durant wut? Can I play 2 nv durant and 4 dragon blade/blast durant and discard 6 cards in 1 turn? Cuz that will be awesome! Anyway the only two really playable ex's are new and rayquaza . I'd say theyr decks would be rayquaza and eels and for mew I'd say roserade and mew,you get the idea. Also terrakion could work with conkelldurr that's all I'm sayin.

Rotomdabomb said:
OMG wait a second! New durant! I play durant what? Can I play 2 nv durant and 4 dragon blade/blast durant and discard 6 cards in 1 turn? Cuz that will be awesome! Anyway the only two really playable ex's are new and rayquaza . I'd say theyr decks would be rayquaza and eels and for mew I'd say roserade and mew,you get the idea. Also terrakion could work with conkelldurr that's all I'm sayin.

You can only play four pokemon of the same name.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Yep. Shizurow is actually my favorite artist from the TCG. He (she?) has illustrated some of my favorite cards, including Regigigas LV.X and a bunch of other LV.Xs besides.

Yeah, he´s my favorite in 3d artist , too. It can´t be helped I guess...we can just hope that he does the EXs again in the next set which should be out in Japan somewhere between June and August, when the new movie airs over there ;)
At least the SRs are great as always, with stunning artwork and holo effects (not visible on the scans though).

butagome38-img600x450-1331723200raziv624467.jpg

butagome38-img600x450-1331723288w8wsvd86724.jpg

butagome38-img600x450-13317233842zshda69319.jpg

butagome38-img600x450-1331723462kfhugf30641.jpg

butagome38-img600x450-1331723538o7u1x791494.jpg

(Thanks goes to butagome38 on yh for the awesome pictures he took of the SR cards)

Ya! sorta had that thought. Anyway thx, I kinda thought the rules meant about the exact text. I also wanna hear some cool ideas for the ex's I didn't mention! I like to juice all the potential out of every card.@EonEye99

D.N.A said:
Drifblim looks interesting...

50 damage for each Special Energy in your opponent's discard pile, for only one energy.

A couple of 'discard' cards (Super Removal Hammer) and you could be dealing mass damage very easily.

Also kyurem ex! He has some potential! Sorta! Ish! Any way ,drifblibm looks like a mewtwo counter!!!!!!

Thanks for the awesome photos, Dracidius! When I got my first Japanese FA in HB, the first thing I thought about was how crappy the scan of the Kyurem EX looked compared to the gorgeous card in my hand. I've gotten a few more Japanese FAs since then, and the scans don't do them justice at all. (This is also somewhat true for the English FA cards, though I still think the Japanese ones are nicer done, which is a part of why I started collecting the Japanese sets.)

You´re welcome. I´m glad there are people out there who enjoy the card's artworks as much as I do, haha.

Yeah this is totally true, I was also like:'What the heck are they doing' when I first saw scans of the BW1 fullart cards. But my opinion changed quickly when I pulled the Zekrom SR and saw the cool texture in the background. It´s definitely something special we haven´t seen in the TCG before.
I have all Japanese fullart cards so far, except the just released BW5 ones, and I have yet to see a bad looking one. If the artwork isn´t too great the awesome effects balance it out imo.

Woah...they look like the Ultimate Rare cards in Yu-Gi-Oh...that is really cool.
Too bad people are going to rarity whore out their decks and pay $10-$20 more for something that does literally the exact same thing. Per card.

ALL THE TRANSLATIONS ARE NOW UP!
http://pokebeach.com/2012/03/bw5-dragon-blade-dragon-blast-scans-translations

Hah, Wailord does more damage for less energy with his first attack then his second, and without a negative side effect!

Gigalith + Landorus/Donphan/some other Earthquaker would be a fun high-risk, high-reward deck. Throw in Terrakion EX for energy acceleration, and the Dragons/Regigigas EX to take advantage of the damage counters.

Haha so I apparently got some kind of significant things wrong. Oh well, first try :p Anyways, Slaking's attack doesn't have a coin flip on it

BobChao said:
Gigalith + Landorus/Donphan/some other Earthquaker would be a fun high-risk, high-reward deck. Throw in Terrakion EX for energy acceleration, and the Dragons/Regigigas EX to take advantage of the damage counters.

Also conkelldurr ! Don't forget conkelldurr!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back