(1) Blend Energy from BW5 Revealed [3/9]

It's okay but they should of made it a Double Blend Energy now that would be very useful!

Huh... No quite what I was hoping for, but at least it's fairly good. And I can bet you anything that there will be a Blend Energy- WFML (water, fighting, metal, and lightning) in Dragon Blade. That would cover all types except for colorless and dragon, both of which don't need their own energy.

It's cool, and it will be cooler if there is another one in Dragon Blade, but it's not quite as good as I had hoped.

The blend energy is ok, but I was hoping for something more awesome. I hope there will also be a second blend energy with other types.

So it provides only one energy at a time? Or it provides one [C] and one of the others (total of 2 energy provided)?

it provides only 1 energy at a time.
when not in play, it provides a colorless energy
when in play on a pokemon, it provides 1 of either grass, fire, psychic, dark

Lame. I'm glad it's not a reprint of another energy, but this isn't quite what I expected.

Just waiting for them to ditch these obnoxious energy costs (seriously, there is no reason to ever have a non-delta species Giratina require grass energy) and make a proper Dragon Energy.

There aren't many dual type decks in this format, and I don't think any of the ones that do exist use those types of energy. Man I like that art though. This card would be great for any rogue utilizing any two of those types as their main attackers. I'm guessing there is going to be a Steel, Lightning, Fighting, Water energy too, which would actually be useful, because a lot of Eels variants like to play Terrakion. This would obviously outclass Prism.

Where does the "4" on the card come into play with the translation?

I was thinking a "provides one of these 4 types" thing, but they usually
word that as "either X, X, X, or X." which doesn't involve the number 4.

Vulpix Yolk said:
There aren't many dual type decks in this format, and I don't think any of the ones that do exist use those types of energy. Man I like that art though. This card would be great for any rogue utilizing any two of those types as their main attackers. I'm guessing there is going to be a Steel, Lightning, Fighting, Water energy too, which would actually be useful, because a lot of Eels variants like to play Terrakion. This would obviously outclass Prism.

If you're only attaching the energy to zekrom or terrakion (or eel to retreat), how would it outclass prism? If you're attaching it to a basic, it's half of a prism.

crm103top08 said:
Where does the "4" on the card come into play with the translation?

I was thinking a "provides one of these 4 types" thing, but they usually
word that as "either X, X, X, or X." which doesn't involve the number 4.

It's exactly that. It reads fine grammatically in the Japanese because of the way that language works, but there wasn't a good way to shoehorn the 4 into an English translation without it getting awkward.

DorianBlack said:
It's exactly that. It reads fine grammatically in the Japanese because of the way that language works, but there wasn't a good way to shoehorn the 4 into an English translation without it getting awkward.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for your work.

I understand they want to ease in Dragon type with energy that everyone already has, but I want my Dragon Energy darn it!

This is... Interesting. I guess it makes the Dragon Pokemon a bit more viable, but the energy costs still seem a bit excessive. And, assuming another Blend Energy {W}{L}{F}{M} is released, what happens to Pokemon that split between the two like Dragonite and Salamence?

they must rely on prisms and rainbows then. assuming the dragons are basic for the use of prisms

Now that I've seen it, I think this was a better idea than a straight up Dragon Energy. We'll probably get one some time down the line, when the Dragon type has been around longer, but this is a decent substitute until then.

I like this because it also works for non-dragon types. It also works as a semi-Prism for stage 1 and 2 types, so its something more to work with for rogue decks.

It's starting to feel like we're NOT getting a Dragon Energy after all... <=( Darn. I was really hoping for one too... Still, the art on this is pretty neat! =D

So this is it? I know that this Energy doesn't have any drawback but since 1 would be enough on a pokémon, Multi, Rainbow and Prism (for basics) served perfectly fine. They could at least made it exclusive to Dragon-types, it'd be more special...

Back