(1) 'Black' and 'White's' Legendary Mascots: Zekrom, Reshiram [5/28]

Well if there was ever any doubt that I'm getting Black version, this seals it. Reshiram feels new and fresh while still retaining a solid Pokemon feel, but Zekrom feels like a dark/metal Palkia bootleg. I'll probably warm up to it in time (I always say that every Pokemon looks much more like a Pokemon in the anime), as I didn't like Dialga and Palkia when they came out, but after a while I came to adore their designs.

Chibi Pika said:
Well if there was ever any doubt that I'm getting Black version, this seals it. Reshiram feels new and fresh while still retaining a solid Pokemon feel, but Zekrom feels like a dark/metal Palkia bootleg. I'll probably warm up to it in time (I always say that every Pokemon looks much more like a Pokemon in the anime), as I didn't like Dialga and Palkia when they came out, but after a while I came to adore their designs.

i was the same way this palkia and dialga. they just looked so different from past pokemon designs. but, now i really like their designs. though, i like these 2 new pokemons' designs already. probably because we've been exposed to complex dragon designs already.

My-oh-my! Looks like I'll be playing the Black version first due to the awesomeness of Zekrom. For some reason they remind me of my times with the Rockman.EXE series but I really don't know why.... o_O

Nebula91 said:
My-oh-my! Looks like I'll be playing the Black version first due to the awesomeness of Zekrom. For some reason they remind me of my times with the Rockman.EXE series but I really don't know why.... o_O

zekrom is in the white version

It's Blue Eyes White Dragon and Red Eyes Black Dragon! :D

Jk. I love their designs. BOTH of them. I'll wait for their typing, stats, move pools, etc. before I decide which version to get.

I think CoroCoro will reveal heights, type, weights, ability and probably what type of Pokemon is it (like Baby Fox for Zorua).
Also, we should be getting a new pokemon and some other screen shots in exactly 2 weeks!!! Excited!

I love the White one, I don't know why, I just allways love the opposite... but I will be buying both.

I saw these at school and they suck. They look like Yugioh monsters or something stupid, and if they whole 5th generation is like them they should just stop making new pokemon.

InuMimi said:
zekrom is in the white version

Do you think they look like Charizard? The both look like him in a way though. I also liked the cards in the news story below. The Lapras looks epic and the other two cards are cool as well.:)

asta said:
I am imagining how they would look if it was real life... and then comparing them to palkia and dialga... compared with Reshiram and Zekrom, Dialga and Palkia suck at life XD (sorry if the last part of the sentence was a violation :s)

Dialga and Palkia look very rigid to me, these two are more fluid and dynamic. The funny thing is that Palkia neck and arm keep bothering me. I always wonder if that thing got tired holding it neck like that with a solid crest running all the way down, plus the arms are just to short for convenience and comfort of slashing and other attacks.

I was confused on which game had which legendary. originaly i was going to gett pokemon black but now im getting white :p

Those are some awesome legendaries. Pokemon just keeps getting better.

However, there designs are very similar to yugioh artwork

Im not complaining though :p

Reshiram = Blue-Eyes White Dragon
Zekrom = BlackWarGreymon

I hope the rest of the Pokemon this gen have more mature designs. 4th gen was just ridiculous.

Zekrom PWNs small n00bs. Reshiram is just...weird. Those small hands on the wings bother me the most. I swear, Pokemon is going Yu-Gi-Oh! in this generation.

i AM so happy i knew this generation would become the great return of Pokemon, the legendaries certainly look fantastic, they look like this type of mechanical creatures i really think GameFreak AND nINTENDO HAVE BEEN BRINGING US SOME INCREDIBLE THINGS LATELY and the fact that pokemon. com is showing this is really nice i just saw it and it feels like april when we saw the one from the japanese pokemon site. ah, i remember it if it was like 2 months ago

Back