(1) 'Black' and 'White' Video Footage: Intro, Starter Battles, Pokemon Battles [7/23]

It might sound dumb, but the rival battle music gave off an almost Mario Party-esque vibe to me.

I love the animations!
both the pokemon and walking ones.
I like the battle music,sounds cool.
It just looks so EPIC!

I really hate the fact that NPCs still can only walk in four directions. They make a large 3d environment, but they still can't move diagonal. :(

While the dynamic camera is neat, the pixels really are bugging me.

Hopefully these changes will be fixed for the 3DS.

Was it just the camera, or was Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu larger than the normal sprite size?

Absolutely amazing! Pokémon sure has come a long way, and say what you want about the new monsters, these games will no doubt be the greatest so far. And trashing your room for you first battle is funny lol. Maybe all environments will be effected by battling? Like gyms, caves, etc.?

I'm calling it now, Pokemon gray (or whatever the 3rd version is called) will have 3ds features.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Why does everyone hate R/S so much? It's my favorite generation after the original. :p

Finally someone who agrees with me.

ManhattanTheStarr said:
Nonono... You're completely right. :0
My thoughts exactly. :p

Back on topic, I like everything they have shown in the videos. I just don't like the starter's cries.

Hm. I can't say "WOW, INCREDIBLE" in a Melee announcer voice, because I haven't got to play these games, but they look really fun!

I was skeptical about r/s and d/p, but I ended up loving them both (G/S and R/B were too new to have any expectations), and I'm imagining I'll love this gen too.

Music will take some getting used to though, but that's fine with me. Camera angles, however, both in battle and out, were giving me a headache D:

Pokefan4000 said:
lol, I just realized in the short clip of the battle with Belle. Look at Tsutaja. Around 2:47, it's crossing its arms and tapping its foot like it's saying, "Make your move already". Then it somewhat moves its head up like it's saying, "Come on. Fight me." or something like that.

...Sounds like a MetaKnight quote from Brawl xD

Pimplup said:
HOW DO YOU NO THAT??? WHY SHOULD I LESTIN TO YOU ANYWAY??

Dude, turn off Caps Lock. It looks like you're shouting. >__>

dmaster out.

I hate the constant animation and the camera moving all over the place. I thought the constantly animated sprites feature was cool... until I saw a lot of video of it all at once.

Both of videos are excellent.

I saw someone whining about Mario music; and I find that ridicolous. That VS screen is epic. Music is excellent for rival music (I hated one in DPt); how rival trainer dissapears in back ground, how you appear before that circle.... Zooming, outzooming, exellent. A+
One thing that is minus is pixelly backsprites. But I hope it is effect of a big screen.

2nd video: Well, merely a battle scenes, some of them we've seen already.

Well out of all, definelty a plus. Like 'em very much. Cannot wait for my Black to arrive (should get to me to end of September) *woot woot*

Hey WPM. What ever happened with those Pokédex types and numbers rumors you had early this morning? Any news with all that?

Shoot! That New Videos are totally wicked! I reeeeaaally looking forward to the News on afternoon! Yay! I love Pokemon BW!

I just realized that, in one and a half month, we will know all the new Pokemon. :eek: Just a little while ago it was 3 months. Time flies!

I hope they release some more evolutions of the now known Pokemon before that time. Especially those of the starters, koromori and the desert crocodile.

I really like the music in the new games. Maybe there is some sort of time travel in Black and White o_O

Back