(1) August CoroCoro Scans Fully Revealed [7/13]

i noticed on the third scan with the map of Johto on the Pokegear, there's a blue segment next to New Bark Town, if that's Tohjo Falls, doesn't that confirm Kanto?

Struby said:
I noticed on the third scan with the map of Johto on the Pokegear, there's a blue segment next to New Bark Town, if that's Tohjo Falls, doesn't that confirm Kanto?

Possibly..
Or it could be that random body of water leading to Tohjo falls.

HG and SS look amazing. Nintendo really is doing their best at this. Graphically it looks amazing too. It's like a jump from 4th to a 5th generation game.

Nefarious said:
Struby said:
I noticed on the third scan with the map of Johto on the Pokegear, there's a blue segment next to New Bark Town, if that's Tohjo Falls, doesn't that confirm Kanto?

Possibly..

Wouldn't it be a light blue like the rest of the waters in Johto?

Struby said:
Nefarious said:
Struby said:

Possibly..

Wouldn't it be a light blue like the rest of the waters in Johto?

Not sure x.x

I don't think Nintendo need another handheld - DS is enough...
G5 ftw?

Tohjo Falls has to be in the game, seeing as it did connect to the Pokemon League after you won against all 8 gyms. Rote 23, 26, 27 are also in the same vein as Tohjo Falls. Route 28 leads to Mt. Silver, so it will probably be in the game. However, after those four routes that I listed, the don't have to go further in the Kanto region.

Pretty cool information. I love that Arceus drawing, and how it's forming the egg... Just awesome. Unfortunately, the scan shows that the Dragon Trio keeps their Platinum sprites, so I guess most of the legendaries from that generation (or at least any Pokémon that won't appear on the Johto Dex) aren't getting new sprites. Sad, because I wanted a new Arceus sprite. :(

Lugia's new sprite is cool, but, of course, Ho-Oh's sprite remains unchanged (for the most part, the head looks different, and the feet are spread a bit)... Would it be so hard to make it have a different pose? D:

Seriously, how hard would it be to make a new sprite for Arceus? It only took me two hours, and they're professionals! ;(

ArceusSpriteScratchXous.png
(<--- Totally how I wanted it to look in HG/SS...)

Yeah, that's dumb^. Why change Lugia's sprite while Ho-Oh's looks virtually the same? x_x More reason SS will sell more than HG. :F

Anyway, amazing news. I LOVE RED GYARADOS'S SPRITE! The Kimono girls sub-plot sounds unique. But I don't like infusing D/P/Pt. elements in these games. ILEX FOREST WAS FREAKING SHORT. It doesn't need a "Cheryl" to help you get through it. >____> Minigames I don't really care about. Two Registers is amazing. So it's Y and a Touch Screen. I guess that's cool, but I wanted L and R as well. They're useless buttons unless you're playing that option where L=A. And connecting Poke Walkers sounds cool. I knew it would have some connection like that. Those legends aren't confirmed? ;o That could mean no Kanto. I did kinda want Mewtwo. And the Lati@s because I don't have them on my old cartridges anymore. ;[ Oh well. The news is still awesome and I LOVE RED GYARADOS'S SPRITE!

dmaster out.

Man I sure hope Kanto is confirmed. If they are starting to show your specs then I am almost positive now that Kanto and Mewtwo will be in the game. I so can't wait.:)

I'm hoping Mewtwo will be mentioned in the next corocoro. i really want him to be in the game.
and Entei's sprite is so awesome. Personally, I don't really like any of Entei's game sprites because they just never looked correct. This one, however, looks amazing.

Ho-Oh is based on phoenix ほうおう (Hou-ou). So naturally it's depicted in the traditional phoenix pose (wings forming a circle, symbolizing the fire bird taking the first flight after rebirth).

And frankly, any other pose would make it look like a big chicken.

Back