(1) All BW3 'Psycho Drive' and 'Hail Blizzard' Scans and Translations! [9/14]

If the EX's are also full arts, then the EX's must be easier to obtain than their full art versions, so I'll enjoy collecting these.

CMP said:
My honest opinion? Too many "super rare/ultra rare" cards. Making FA cards of each EX was completely unnecessary, as was making 4 UR Shinings. This set will be a pain to complete, and I doubt I'll be buying a box because of it.

On the flip side, though, the art is pretty nice.

Given that we're looking at two sets, there aren't too many. 3 SR per set + 2 UR per set isn't that far of a stretch after Red Collection's 6 SR + 1 UR whammy.

As for the pattern with the UR cards, it's simple: one card from BW1, one card from BW2. No really it's that simple. Zoroark is from White Collection, Emboar from Black, the other two from Red.

As for people complaining as to why the EX cards got SR full art cards: unless you've handled a JP edition SR card, you have no idea what you're missing out on, embossed holo wise. The SR cards have forever been geared towards the collectors, and as a major collector I love the standard EX -and- the SR EX cards. They're beautiful parallels.

I'm really digging this set... I see a number of interesting cards.

Shaymin EX - While completely useless in the early game unless you wish to risk an EX pokemon to energy accelerate, this can become completely killer in the late game. If your opponent have taken just TWO prize cards, the damage output is already 90, which is nice for two energy as it is. 4 prize cards? 150 damage plz, enough to KO a good majority of pokemon. 5 prize cards, or 180 damage, speaks for itself. Remember folks, only TWO ENERGY! IMO, this is meant to be a game finisher in a close match. Decks which lose pokemon fairly frequently like Mew Prime toolbox decks might ponder the idea in splashing in a Shaymin EX, which would work fine if Jumpluff is already being used as LZ fodder.

Leavanny - The new Exploud SF. Negating those pesky weaknesses of yours speaks for itself. Whether it justifies running a Stage 2 in a format where trainer lock will become a threat to all, though, is a different matter in itself. We'll have to wait and see.

Luxray - Can you say Flash Impact abuse with Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyruem's Outrage? Just might be possible... Maybe.

Mewtwo EX - I have mixed feeling about this card. On one hand, it looks like a great card. X-Ball has decent potential, but it also serves as its own desmise, as another Mewtwo EX kills with a PlusPower due to weakness, not to mention I firmly believe that Mew Prime toolbox will play a big part in the format. If it does, that only causes further problems for Mewtwo EX. In any case, I REALLY doubt that Mewtwo EX-centered decks will become any good just due to the sole fact that psychic-types are already becoming popular via Gothitell (sp?) and Mew Prime, both which will one-shot it for an easy 2 prizes. In the end, only time will tell.

Musharna - The new Uxie Lv X. Draw power is welcome, but it's a shame that Catcher iis in the format, now. Musharna may see most of its little use in trainer-lock decks.

Cinccino - Definately a FUN card to play, but I wouldn't put money on it being competitive. Coin flips are annoying.

Level Ball - Need I really say anything about how good searching for a pokemon with 90 HP or less is?

Skyarrow Bridge - Sure to be used in tanking deck like Steelix Prime.

Prism Energy - Usable in any basic-pokemon oriented deck that utilizing multiple energy types, namely Mew Prime toolbox.

Amoonguss - Obviously, this screams to be combo'd with Leafeon, but sadly, this will still not help with its problems. Rather than needing those Rainbow Energy for Roserade, now you'll need Seekers and SSU's to reuse Amoonguss's ability. Being an Eeveelution fan, I still intend to try this out, but I'm not hopeful about it. At least we don't have to worry about Power Sprays.

Gardevoir - A psychic-type version of Sceptile GE. What this finds itself comboing with will be very interesting to watch.

Groudon EX - I find this interesting. Not meta-changing, but interesting. Trample is a bit underwelming, but with it's second attack, it's also balanced. I'm neutral on this card, as it could go either way. Perhaps a good partner with Lucario?

Lucario - See above. It's ability sets up Groudon EX's second attack.

Weavile - Good tool-counter. Perhaps when Evolite becomes popular?

Shiny pokemon - It's good to see the return of shinies, and their art does not dissappoint.

Overall, I'm excited for the moment when these cards arrive in the US. There's lots of stuff to be tested.

Wes1234 said:
Luxray - Can you say Flash Impact abuse with Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyruem's Outrage? Just might be possible... Maybe.

I see it working better with Regigigas EX. Sure it takes more energy for Rage Hammer, but all that damage...

EDIT:
@WPM You asked to look for typos, yet I saw a grammatical error. Fixed it for you.
Front Page said:
We now have a photo of the gold, silver, and bronze Victory Cup promo cards that players can win when coming in first, second, or third place at Battle Roads; click the thumbnail below for a larger image. Victory Cup has the exact same effect as Poke Ball.

Prism energy is awesome. It makes Rayquaza Deoxys even more playable. All you need is a prism energy and a fire energy for ozone buster.

Prism is 1 energy that is any type, not 1 of every type. And, RDL is a Legend, not a basic, so I don't think it works on it anyway.

XINVADER said:
Prism energy is awesome. It makes Rayquaza Deoxys even more playable. All you need is a prism energy and a fire energy for ozone buster.

1. LEGENDS do not count as Basics, so they cannot use it.
2. It provides 1 unit of every type of energy. Meaning it is worth only 1 energy that can be any type.

EDIT: darn you Dark Void...

I'm really loving this set now. Lots of fast attackers and I can see many rogue decks hitting the field. The EXs are not all that great. Out of all of them, I maybe like Mewtwo and Groudon. Gardevoir is pretty good, just wish it had more HP. Lots of fun rogues to play. Also, am I the only one randomly annoyed by Luxray's Flash Impact?

<3 Shiny Hydregion

slickmario said:
1. LEGENDS do not count as Basics, so they cannot use it.
2. It provides 1 unit of every type of energy. Meaning it is worth only 1 energy that can be any type.

EDIT: darn you Dark Void...

So it's like rainbow energy with different restrictions. Not seeing much point here.

Cards I want:

Shaymin EX
Leavanny
Starmie
Luxray
Musharna
Reuniclus
Persian
Cinccino
Level Ball
Prism Energy
Shiny Zoroark
Shiny Hydreigon
Gardevoir
Darmanitan
Cilan
Shiny Emboar

Wow. There are a lot of cards in this new set. I hope we will pick this set up as well since the art on most of these cards is pretty good. One of the coolest sets in a very long time XD.:)

Zebstrika - Lightning - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Blitzle

[L][C] Electromagnetic Jam: 40 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, your opponent can’t play any Pokemon Tool cards from his or her hand.
[L][L][C] Thunderfall: Discard all Lightning Energy attached to this Pokemon, then choose 1 of the opponent’s Pokemon and do 80 damage to it. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

also I don't know if someone pointed this out before, but I just noticed on the shiny reprints (Zoroark, Hydreigon, Emboar, and Chandelure) that on the main body of the card (where the text is printed), there is a small silhouette (most likely of holofoil) that shows a symbol of that Pokemon's type. Fun.

DNA said:
also I don't know if someone pointed this out before, but I just noticed on the shiny reprints (Zoroark, Hydreigon, Emboar, and Chandelure) that on the main body of the card (where the text is printed), there is a small silhouette (most likely of holofoil) that shows a symbol of that Pokemon's type. Fun.

Those have been there all the time. In the sense of, the UR cards have either had something akin to their type or their visage on the body of the card in holo. Pikachu had a bolt, Meowth had its coin, these guys are like the Pika with the energy symbols there again.

Back