(1) 3DS Pokemon Game Coming to America This Year [1/3]

Ten bucks says it's a spinoff. That's what my gut instinct is telling me. It's too soon for Gray.

I don't think they'd use Mystery Dungeon as their first game on the 3DS. But, if you look back at the first (or so) game on the DS it was MD Blue, so...

But, alas, I'm hoping for a main series game. And I'm probably the 99%.

I personally think its not to soon for Grey, and im pretty sure its not a Mystery Dungeon game, I know it`s been awile but I don`t think it`s that. Do any of you think it could be a new Ranger game?

Probably another garbage spin-off game that was whipped together in 6 months like the rest of them. However, I would be stoked if it was a legitimate game in the series. Pokemon Gray with smoother battle animations, extra content, and Pokedex 3D's graphics/layout as the actual pokedex in the game would seem like a good first hoorah into 3DS territory.

Not that there *won't* be a pokemon game for the 3DS, but some news outlets have already retracted their statements saying Pokemon and Mario Party were coming to the 3DS because the press release was referring to the upcoming release of PokePark 2 and Mario Party for the Wii.

Just FYI :)

Let's cross our fingers for a good spin-off. The past few spin-offs have been pathetic. Rumble (3DS), Ranger, Pokepark, and minorly PMD have been poor games. Don't get me started on the insult known as PBR.

IMO, too early for grey. I'd expect Grey to come out sometime late 2012 to early 2013. At least... in Japan...

There's a part of me that feels that it's just Nintendo being vague and that it will be Nobunaga's Ambition but it will just mainly be advertised as a 3DS game. I mean, following past patterns, it would be Nobunaga's Ambition that they're referring to. I'm not sure though, I mean maybe it will be something new. Pokemon Gray early would be pretty cool.

I can see an announcement for Grey coming later this year, but not now. It's probably a spin off, probably either a Mystery Dungeon or a Ranger game. Both have been long overdue for the fifth generation at this point, and I really expect it to be one of those.

Zero said:
Let's cross our fingers for a good spin-off. The past few spin-offs have been pathetic. Rumble (3DS), Ranger, Pokepark, and minorly PMD have been poor games. Don't get me started on the insult known as PBR.
I can see your points on the others, but I'll defend Ranger until the end.

I'm in the PokePark Wii 2 camp. These quotes always seem a bit oddly worded, and I'd think Nintendo's PR team would take a lot of care to not leak information that hasn't been formally announced. Grey... not in America. 5 bucks on a May announcement and September release for Japan.

I deleted the story. The wording is a bit ambiguous and it's just "duh" that we'll be getting a 3DS Pokemon game this year anyway.

Eh I really don't think there will be a "pokemon gray." Although its an awesome idea, pokemon black and white came out only a year ago and a pokemon gray would seem rushed at the moment. Maybe in 2 years id expect to see somethin like that. Its more than likely a spin off. Still, a new pokemon game-exciting!

Ah, no wonder I didn't see it on the front page.

Pokémon Rumble Blast already exists on the 3DS, so Pokémon is already getting some representation on it. Pokémon games released early into a system, if it's not a main series game, will tend to be pretty short and simple, as it can sell based on the facts that it's a Pokémon game and that it's on a new system.

PBR felt like the concept was nice but could use a lot of improvement. A lot of stuff was meant to be put in but was cut out due to the rush. I really do hope they make a proper sequel with the extra content they had wanted to put in for the first game. But not for the 3DS. I can't properly directly record off the 3DS the way I can with the Wii.

It's definitely too early for them to make Gray or a Ruby/Saphhire Remake, so it's probably a spin-off. I hope its a new Mystery Dungeon, because that'd look awesome in 3D. And I haven't cried at the end of a video game in awhile, so lets do it again

Water Pokémon Master said:
I deleted the story. The wording is a bit ambiguous and it's just "duh" that we'll be getting a 3DS Pokemon game this year anyway.
I thought the exact same thing when I heard about it earlier that day (before it was posted on PB website). I really just felt like it was stating the obvious.
If it's PMD3 I'd definitely like that, but I'm not expecting anything.

He just said why. Look up at post #13.

DNA said:
He just said why. Look up at post #13.

Oh thanks I totally missed that!

And that is right were obviously getting one this year. I reckon it's Pokemon grey just because I have this feeling.

Back