(1) 10 'Shiny Collection' Cards Revealed! [12/21]

Honestly don't like any of these cards. I in the SLIGHTEST way like reshiram, but other than that, the artwork is trying really hard to be cute. My opinion though.

Zekrom is gonna get jealous of Reshiram... Now this would be a good opportunity to release a Meloetta-EX, but then there should also be a full art of it, and there's already 2 SR, so I doubt it will happen...

We need more Full Arts that have hand-drawn art rather than 3D modeling art, they look WAAAAY better. That Reshiram is one of the most beautiful cards in a long time, JUST LOOK AT IT.

I like the Eevee, Reshiram, and Shaymin. Another example of great artwork, bring that to championships! But don't really do that, unless you have a strategy. Call them lovely, or something. Not "shiny" cuz people will be all like " I thought those were shiny! I shoulda' bought a pair of shoes! I don't like Pokeman no more." But I really like them though.

MasterGallade said:
We need more Full Arts that have hand-drawn art rather than 3D modeling art, they look WAAAAY better. That Reshiram is one of the most beautiful cards in a long time, JUST LOOK AT IT.
You are so correct. Even though people call the "Epic" and stuff like that, I still like hand drawn ones better. Even if there just putting old artwork like N or something. Mudkipz approves.:cool:

Guys, seems theres a common/uncommon ratio here! Gardy has U(uncommon) and ursaring has C(common) and reshiram and shaymin say SR, so may be expecting some more kinds of holos.

...what the hell did I just look at...

I feel like my eyes want to commit suicide in protest. This is almost as bad, if not worse, as seeing the avatars of [names removed to protect the innocent].

I Think that it will end up being that SR's are like the rares and the packs usually just come with Commons/Uncommons.(That Stunfisk is just....uhh....weird.)

DNA said:
...what the hell did I just look at...

I feel like my eyes want to commit suicide in protest.

tumblr_mdjktpeFPp1rvmzlbo1_500.jpg

Stunfisk can learn Attract via TM. Maybe that's what Stunfisk's Attract is supposed to look like to the other Pokemon? I don't think it's creepy, I think it's funny.

Mudkip711 said:
I actually like the artwork on that Shaymin. Much better than the original IMO. Nothing too special about the rest, though.

Shaymins the one I like the most too. The rest I could go without.

These cards look pretty sweet I really want Shaymin EX and Elesa. Hopefully they will make a Fa of her because Skyla and elesa are my favorite gym leaders.

The Eevee's a reprint too, and I'm pretty sure the Pikachu is as well. Purrloin is identical to one we already have too, except perhaps its attack name. I may be wrong on any of these as I can't read Japanese and haven't compared them to the Japanese equivalents of the Dark Explorers/Next Destinies/Boundaries Crossed Eevee/Pikachu/Purrloin, but it seems likely. I'm guessing all the common unevolved Pokemon might turn out to be reprints or at least functionally identical remakes. ;p

As for the cards themselves, I like most of their arts. (Not so fond of Eevee, Pikachu or Gardevoir, though Gardevoir isn't bad as such.) Stunfisk amuses me, and I get the feeling it's meant to look "disturbing" on purpose, since it would otherwise be an odd inclusion in such a set. ;p

About time we got Department Store Girl back (well, about time we got Elesa, I guess.) The BW series has been more focused on Tools than any other, so it makes sense for this to exist. Not much else to say, given only Stunfisk, Gardevoir, Ursaring (who is mediocre, though its first attack will be interesting if we get another Ursaring some day) and Elesa do anything new.

Can't believe hasn't been corrected yet.

Thanks to our Japanese correspondent Amu, we now have several photos of Shiny Collection cards, which will not be released in Japan until February 1st. Shaymin-EX is #21/22 and Reshiram is #22/20, both reprinted from earlier sets, while the other cards are new. A huge thanks also goes to Puddizzle for translating the cards on such short notice as usual!

Shaymin-EX is #21/22. You mean #21/20. Sorry, think you'd want that info

Thoughts:
Reshiram Reprint = Reshiram/Chandelure will definitely continue to be legal :D
Shaymin EX Reprint - nice art, but nothing special
Ursaring - could actually be playable with Fliptini, since it's incredibly easy to stream Ursarings
Gardevoir - it's... interesting. It could be used with Reuniclus.

Salamencetrainer34 said:

Thanks to our Japanese correspondent Amu, we now have several photos of Shiny Collection cards, which will not be released in Japan until February 1st. Shaymin-EX is #21/22 and Reshiram is #22/20, both reprinted from earlier sets, while the other cards are new. A huge thanks also goes to Puddizzle for translating the cards on such short notice as usual!

lolwut. There is no error, in Japan FA's are secret rares, so Shaymin is 21/20. Learn to Japanese sets.

Blui129 said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:

lolwut. There is no error, in Japan FA's are secret rares, so Shaymin is 21/20. Learn to Japanese sets.
Learn to read, lol. He's right. FIxed.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got these right around the same tim japan gets them because of Valentine's Day.

or an entire year later X_X.

Back