♦-The GFX Faction-♦

Status
Not open for further replies.
banner_for_solar_master_by_magikarpbeast-d325pp7.png

I made this in less time it took to upload it to dA. It was made for my little brother, so it has Solar Master on it, with that being his username.

^Nice...I kinda like it... the only thing I would like to change is the background..but the others are fine..

Try this for the background (For Photoshop):
1) Make it brighter
2) Filter - Blur - Radial Blur [Zoom, 100, Best]

That SHOULD make it slightly better..If you want to keep the current one:
3) Change the blending of the blurred one and see which you like..

Try it and see if you like it..

@Roa
I changed the font of the userbar in the userbar tut..see if its okay..=3

I made the brightness lower on the orginal, at about thirty of the original. I found it a little bright. It is also meant to be blurred, but not too much. It is my strange way of slamming things forward and having the background artistic and discreet.

The first thing I notice is the outer glow.

Get rid of it. Nao. >C or play with the settings until it's not so apparent. :/

Also, I'd put the text "Solar Master" somewhere more visible, and perhaps larger. :3

And also, try not to take shorter than it takes to upload it to make it. xD

Otherwise, it looks good. Keep Practicing! :D

@Aero: Yea it's better. Try Century Gothic. ;D
-Welcome to our newest members-
Chiraami
Sweet Dawn Berlitz
Gliscor

<333333 Thank you guys. =w=

Daytona500Banner.png

I wanted you guys to rate this banner I made. I know it's big and I will make a smaller version and use that.

But, I just want a quick little comment.

I'd try a different font. Also, the edges of the banner thing you placed in the left upper corner are a little pixely. :/ The concept has potential though.

I'm still learning the ropes with transparency. I didn't learn how to make images transparent in Paint.NET until about a month ago. The banner in my sig was the first banner I made with the new found concepts.

I understand what you're trying to say Roa and I will continue to experiment with the fonts.

Well that's completely fine. xD We're all still learning stuff with our programs and graphics [Yes, that includes me] :3 Don't worry about it~

Good~ I have a lot of trouble with font/text, personally, as well.

In a banner, you always want your text to have a font that matches with the focal of the image, and the colors to match with the sig.

The image was of the track at night and black wouldn't look good IMO. But hey, I'm here to learn how to make better banners.

@Roa
Changed..oh and I noticed that you userbar that I stole that time was in .JPG..I noticed when I changed it but forgot to tell you...and the 1st post..I think it is supposed to be 'Whatever it is' rather that 'Whatever it'...xD

PS: So it is banner time now?

No it's saved in .PNG. Tinypic just labeled it .jpg. [it does that a lot]

...banner time?

Alrighty-o.

FIRST ASSIGNMENT KIDS~

Stock: http://i52.tinypic.com/24ljxur.jpg
Text: Lights or none at all.
Size: 400x150

LET'S SEE WHAT YOU ALL CAN DO.

Hint: if you're having trouble with a BG for that, try your smudge tool. ;D

So yea. <333

Size: 400x150
And it's Lights. Hence the text "Lights."

Also, all of you, in order to help with your GFX, I'll need to know which style of art/siggy's/banners you'd like to be headed for. So some examples of that plz. =w=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back