“Crimson Haze” Secret Rares Revealed!

Anyone know if there is a reverse holo in this set? Most of the single sets have had one in the past and this reminds me of battle region from scarlet and violet

Not familiar with the flavor text of the tea ghost, but when it's a ghost, my first instinct is that yeah, it's the same child from the first card, but it's not decades later, it's minutes later. Like, did bro got his life force drained?
Definitely a sound first instinct, but as I had never considered the possibility of “draining life force” actually causing a person’s body to grow rapidly before withering, I can’t say if it’s a valid first instinct.

That being said, I don’t like the fact that we can’t see the person’s face. The artist seems to be making the tone of the illustration as abstract as possible by using a familiar theme of the Illustration Rare (or, in Japan, art-rare lines), such as seen on the Gardevoir ex or Skeledirge ex lines, but removing some of the most comforting details. Did the illustrator have a specific mood in mind, or is whether this illustration is dark or wholesome being deliberately left to the audience?

In response to y’all above, I’m in the decades later camp. I think the life force drain idea is interesting, but feel like the Pokémon’s evolution implies a larger passage of time. Of course, that’s my opinion.

Think someone needs to do an interview with the artist. Ha! Nominating Jon and Justin. :)

Back