• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Silvally Memory Box (NOTE: Decklist Changed TWICE!)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Pokémon: 13
4 Type: Null
4 Silvally GX
2 Zorua
2 Zoroark GX
1 Magearna

Trainers: 38
4 Ultra Ball
3 Fighting Memory
3 Psychic Memory
3 Fire Memory
4 Bodybuilding Dumbbells
3 RDPFM (Rotom Dex Poké Finder Mode)
2 Special Charge
2 Nest Ball
2 Energy Loto
1 Pal Pad
1 Rescue Stretcher

2 Sycamore
2 Cynthia
2 Guzma
3 Volkner

Energy: 9
5 (L) Energy
4 DCE
The strategy is to set up ASAP and use Volkner to grab the memories or dumbbells. Zoroark included for consistency purposes.
Tell me what you think!

Last edited:
No Tapu lele? you will need something to help you set up, and hit the supporters when you need them

@optimal_max, @MHALL1207,

I know Lele is a staple, but don't force feed it to him, this deck doesn't need Lele's at all, I've tested it in my own interest.

@Lord Goomy, from playing this deck I have found that running some nest ball is pretty nice, (just 2) and helps get all the T-Nulls' out.
Also you should fit in 1-2 Cynthia, also, Gladion is completely unnessecary.

@optimal_max, @MHALL1207,

I know Lele is a staple, but don't force feed it to him, this deck doesn't need Lele's at all, I've tested it in my own interest.

@Lord Goomy, from playing this deck I have found that running some nest ball is pretty nice, (just 2) and helps get all the T-Nulls' out.
Also you should fit in 1-2 Cynthia, also, Gladion is completely unnessecary.
Alright. Alright. This is good.

I can confirm this deck actually gets set up SLOWER (slightly) with Lele! Imagine that!

So do you, @AFEX, agree with a 3-3-3 Memory count instead? With that, I can fit in 2 Nest Ball and a Cynthia.
I like N better, because even if their hand is like the Yveltal GX that got revealed today, it offsets their planning.
I put Gladion in pretty much because Gladion OWNS Silvally. It’s a nice touch, but not nessesary.

I’m actually surprised you didn’t flip out about the Rotom Dex Poké Finder Mode. :D
Anyhoo, I’ll try the 3/3/3 count and the Cynthia and Nest Ball.
Thanks a bunch!

Alright. Alright. This is good.

I can confirm this deck actually gets set up SLOWER (slightly) with Lele! Imagine that!

So do you, @AFEX, agree with a 3-3-3 Memory count instead? With that, I can fit in 2 Nest Ball and a Cynthia.
I like N better, because even if their hand is like the Yveltal GX that got revealed today, it offsets their planning.
I put Gladion in pretty much because Gladion OWNS Silvally. It’s a nice touch, but not nessesary.

I’m actually surprised you didn’t flip out about the Rotom Dex Poké Finder Mode. :D
Anyhoo, I’ll try the 3/3/3 count and the Cynthia and Nest Ball.
Thanks a bunch!

No problem dude, RDPFM, is pretty decent, but not necessary ;)
3/3/3 count of memories is probs a better idea, just because you then have tools that aren't being used, however, I do propose a solution.

2/2 Zoroark GX line. I know the idea is to use Silvally GX, however 4 Pokemon is pretty small, and a secondary Attacker, like Zoroark GX, might not be a terrible inclusion, I tested it on paper and in PTCGO, it's not bad, you still don't need Lele, considering all of the methods you have of getting Pokemon out.

Now the fix I was talking about for the Tools, is once you have 1 Silvally GX of each type (respectively), you can use Zoroark GX's trade, to get rid of any lingering tools in your hand.

Even if you don't run Zoroark GX for that reason, most decks don't run 3-4 Field Blower, so 4-4-4 Memories isn't completely necessary.

No problem dude, RDPFM, is pretty decent, but not necessary ;)
3/3/3 count of memories is probs a better idea, just because you then have tools that aren't being used, however, I do propose a solution.

2/2 Zoroark GX line. I know the idea is to use Silvally GX, however 4 Pokemon is pretty small, and a secondary Attacker, like Zoroark GX, might not be a terrible inclusion, I tested it on paper and in PTCGO, it's not bad, you still don't need Lele, considering all of the methods you have of getting Pokemon out.

Now the fix I was talking about for the Tools, is once you have 1 Silvally GX of each type (respectively), you can use Zoroark GX's trade, to get rid of any lingering tools in your hand.

Even if you don't run Zoroark GX for that reason, most decks don't run 3-4 Field Blower, so 4-4-4 Memories isn't completely necessary.
Zoroark, huh? I’ll try it!

Pokedex (EVO) will be rotating soon (this August), so I believe @Lord Goomy wants this deck to be Standard viable next rotation, and RDPFM is the next best thing (unless you want to use Mallow).
That'd be nice, but that's actually not why I use RDPFM.
It's actually because of the "reorder OR shuffle back in" effect of the card. With Pokedex, I'm stuck with the top 5 even if they're just energies. With RDPFM, I can shuffle in the top four as an option.
Also, I'm playing Goodra GX when it comes out.

That'd be nice, but that's actually not why I use RDPFM.
It's actually because of the "reorder OR shuffle back in" effect of the card. With Pokedex, I'm stuck with the top 5 even if they're just energies. With RDPFM, I can shuffle in the top four as an option.
Also, I'm playing Goodra GX when it comes out.

I'm telling you, you're overhyping it, then when it's actually revealed (potentially this set) it's not gonna be good, because we've already had our set of "good" cards for this set.

Massive overinvestment in memories and I really don't like running this with Lightning. You should run Silvally as a metal deck, as fairies are the only things it can't hit for weakness on its own. IMO the main point of this card is to be hitting for weakness, so your otherwise slower-than-zoroark (a death sentence for any stage 1 attacker) 2HKO move turns into very threatening OHKOs that accelerate energy as well.

I'd go down to 2 psychic, 2 fire, 2 fighting memories and include a Magearna ULP so you can cycle through them, against some decks like Zoroark/Golisopod you will want to be able to swap memories from time to time. Include 2 Registeel CRI and 2 Celesteela-GX and metal energy over Lightning. Registeel also gives you a more effective way to deal with Hoopa. Rotomdex is a bad card while most players run 2-4 N in their decks and shouldn't be run at all honestly, Dumbells are also pretty weak here due to field blower threat. They also don't turn many 2HKOs into 3HKOs which is the point of that card.

You need to up your basic energy count. Some older takes on this deck ran energy counts as high as 14 or 15 with max elixirs, probably more than is strictly needed but you need more than 9 to consistently have energy in discard for turbo strike to accelerate.

People sometimes run Dusk Mane Necrozma as their metal attacker but I feel that is wasteful, the entire point of this deck is to be hitting for weakness as much as possible and Celesteela's attack is enough to OHKO Garde without discarding, and it has more HP. I've tried Dialga in metal variants of this deck, but honestly you just use Rebel-GX 9 games out of 10 anyways.

Massive overinvestment in memories and I really don't like running this with Lightning. You should run Silvally as a metal deck, as fairies are the only things it can't hit for weakness on its own. IMO the main point of this card is to be hitting for weakness, so your otherwise slower-than-zoroark (a death sentence for any stage 1 attacker) 2HKO move turns into very threatening OHKOs that accelerate energy as well.

I'd go down to 2 psychic, 2 fire, 2 fighting memories and include a Magearna ULP so you can cycle through them, against some decks like Zoroark/Golisopod you will want to be able to swap memories from time to time. Include 2 Registeel CRI and 2 Celesteela-GX and metal energy over Lightning. Registeel also gives you a more effective way to deal with Hoopa. Rotomdex is a bad card while most players run 2-4 N in their decks and shouldn't be run at all honestly, Dumbells are also pretty weak here due to field blower threat. They also don't turn many 2HKOs into 3HKOs which is the point of that card.

You need to up your basic energy count. Some older takes on this deck ran energy counts as high as 14 or 15 with max elixirs, probably more than is strictly needed but you need more than 9 to consistently have energy in discard for turbo strike to accelerate.

People sometimes run Dusk Mane Necrozma as their metal attacker but I feel that is wasteful, the entire point of this deck is to be hitting for weakness as much as possible and Celesteela's attack is enough to OHKO Garde without discarding, and it has more HP. I've tried Dialga in metal variants of this deck, but honestly you just use Rebel-GX 9 games out of 10 anyways.

Is the title of this thread Silvally metal? I don't think so.

People like you make me so mad, the thread is called "Silvally Memory Box" not Silvally metal, like previously stated. This is the idea he's running with, using the memories, then you tell him he can't run memories because it's too much of an overinvestment, then tell him to completely change his deck how you say (you didn't even say "in my opinion", you blatantly told it to him like a command) it should be, tell him his strategy (Using memories) is wrong, and to cut it down to 2-2-2?

He is thinking outside the box, not just doing the generic run of the mill SilvalMetal.

The point of giving someone advice on a deck they built, is not giving them advice on completely changing their deck so it's "more viable" or "is actually being used the way it's supposed to".

I like this deck, I think it's unique, you clearly have no care for unique decks, only "viable" decks, because if you did like unique decks, you would've given him advice to make this even more unique, not run of the mill.

@Lord Goomy, I do agree with him on a few parts though, You could use Mount Coronet, and swap Lightning for Metal, just because Metal has more support in general, and if you play against disruption decks with cards like enhanced hammer or crushing hammer, you could Mt. Coronet them back into your hand. Aso you reallly need Special Charge.

Is the title of this thread Silvally metal? I don't think so.

People like you make me so mad, the thread is called "Silvally Memory Box" not Silvally metal, like previously stated. This is the idea he's running with, using the memories, then you tell him he can't run memories because it's too much of an overinvestment, then tell him to completely change his deck how you say (you didn't even say "in my opinion", you blatantly told it to him like a command) it should be, tell him his strategy (Using memories) is wrong, and to cut it down to 2-2-2?

He is thinking outside the box, not just doing the generic run of the mill SilvalMetal.

The point of giving someone advice on a deck they built, is not giving them advice on completely changing their deck so it's "more viable" or "is actually being used the way it's supposed to".

I like this deck, I think it's unique, you clearly have no care for unique decks, only "viable" decks, because if you did like unique decks, you would've given him advice to make this even more unique, not run of the mill.

@Lord Goomy, I do agree with him on a few parts though, You could use Mount Coronet, and swap Lightning for Metal, just because Metal has more support in general, and if you play against disruption decks with cards like enhanced hammer or crushing hammer, you could Mt. Coronet them back into your hand. Aso you reallly need Special Charge.
A: Is two Special Charge not enough? I thought it was.

MAIN POINTE:
Thank you, @AFEX, for absolutely going to town on @Kietharr. You defended me much better than I could have defended myself.
For that, I’m following you.

A: Is two Special Charge not enough? I thought it was.

MAIN POINTE:
Thank you, @AFEX, for absolutely going to town on @Kietharr. You defended me much better than I could have defended myself.
For that, I’m following you.

Your welcome, and I didn't see the Special Charge, XD.

I am a fan of Silvally memory box. I have the deck built on PTCGO and it is the main deck I use.

I was excited to come into this thread to see what another player thought about this fun deck. Your list is very inconsistent, filled with an excessive amount of items and only six draw supporters (with no way to search them out or retrieve them from the discard). That is your biggest problem. There are plenty of others.

I was going to share my list with you and suggest some changes, but I'd rather not be blatantly disrespected like you were to the guy trying to offer advice.

I am a fan of Silvally memory box. I have the deck built on PTCGO and it is the main deck I use.

I was excited to come into this thread to see what another player thought about this fun deck. Your list is very inconsistent, filled with an excessive amount of items and only six draw supporters (with no way to search them out or retrieve them from the discard). That is your biggest problem. There are plenty of others.

I was going to share my list with you and suggest some changes, but I'd rather not be blatantly disrespected like you were to the guy trying to offer advice.

You will not be disrespected, the other guy blatantly wanted the whole deck to be something completely different, something Mr.Goomy did not want, and was told as a command not as a suggestion to change his deck. as long as this is not advice to change the entire deck into a completely different achetype, I don't care and neither will Mr.Goomy.

Sorry, I'd rather not waste my time.

Back