• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzing Foxes (Buzzwole-GX/Zoroarks)

The price of Buzzwoles aren’t too bad here in England considering it is a brand new card. What I am upset about is how many TCGO codes I had to spend on virtual ones lmao
I'm talking about virtual ones. Can't play IRL due to not living near a league.

I think this deck really needs to find space for an Oranguru after playing some matches. Late game Ns are very rough for this deck, and even though it can sometimes still pull off a win after one, it becomes much harder. Another thing I just realized is that Mr. Mime would be shut off by Garbotoxin, making it ineffective against Buzzwole/Garbodor. Also, Drampa has put in alot of work. What do you guys think I should take out for an Oranguru?

I think this deck really needs to find space for an Oranguru after playing some matches. Late game Ns are very rough for this deck, and even though it can sometimes still pull off a win after one, it becomes much harder. Another thing I just realized is that Mr. Mime would be shut off by Garbotoxin, making it ineffective against Buzzwole/Garbodor. Also, Drampa has put in alot of work. What do you guys think I should take out for an Oranguru?

The only card that I see being able to cut are either a Lusamine or Po Town. Remove either Po town since you play three of them and Lusamine or Lusamine because you play a high supporter count and three Po Town. Might be able to find something else besides these two, but it would have to be something important. Prof. Sycamore or N are my other options at the moment. Let me know what you think, thanks!

The only card that I see being able to cut are either a Lusamine or Po Town. Remove either Po town since you play three of them and Lusamine or Lusamine because you play a high supporter count and three Po Town. Might be able to find something else besides these two, but it would have to be something important. Prof. Sycamore or N are my other options at the moment. Let me know what you think, thanks!
I'll try with one less Po Town, thanks! :)

I've been playing different Buzzwole GX variants for about a week now and think that Buzzwole GX is a really strong card. I prefer the Garbodor version because I think it swings a lot of match-ups in your favor, but there was a Buzzwole/Lycanroc/Zoroark deck I came across yesterday that looked really interesting.

I think your Pokémon lineup looks solid. I'm a little iffy on the Dramp GX, only because you already have enough attackers between Buzzwole and both Zoroarks, but I understand why you're running it.

As far as Trainers, one copy of Mallow seems very situational and inconsistent. I think you should max out your Choice Bands, just to help with hitting numbers.

Running nothing but Special Energy is risky. Enhanced Hammer, Kartana GX, Stardust Jirachi, opposing Drampa's Righteous Edge. I feel like you almost lose automatically to decks that run that stuff. Special Charge helps though so maybe not.

Overall, I think your deck looks good though! I plan to test Buzzwole and Zoroark out a bit more too.

I have been playing a variation of this deck and have had fairly good results. This is the most updated list i have been running

Pokemon: : 18

4- Zorua SLG
4- Zoroark GX SLG
1- Zoroark BKT
3- Buzzwole GX CIN
3- Tapu Lele GRI
1- Tapu Koko SMP 30
1- Espeon EX BKP
1- Mr. Mime BKT

Trainers: 31

2- Acerola BUS
2- Bridgette BKT
2- Choice Band GRI
2- Enhanced Hammer SUM
3- Field Blower GRI
1- Float Stone BKT
4- Guzma BUS
1- Mallow GRI
4- N FCO
2- Professor Sycamore STS
4- Puzzle of Time BKP
4- Ultra Ball SUM

Energy: 11

3- Fighting Energy SUM
4- Strong Energy FCO
4- Double Colorless Energy SUM

Any constructive criticism is welcomed.

Last edited:
@GekkisaiDaiNi
IMO, your latest deck seems quite solid. So, most of my forthcoming comments are perhaps indicative of personal preferences:

• First of all, in last week's LC (took 4th place - should have done better, but no/little draw in 1 game hurt my chances of winning the tournament), I beat players running Volcanion EX, Drampa-Zoroark and VikaBulu decks with my Buzzwole-Garb deck. So, IMO and from my experience, Buzzwole-Garb has favorable match-ups against those decks.
  • I personally "value" a 4th Buzzwole GX more than a 3rd Tapu Lele GX or the Tapu Koko. Maximizing one's chances of starting with a Buzzwole GX should be a priority, IMO.
  • Also, I personally "value" Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier) more than a 3rd Tapu Lele GX or the Tapu Koko. Should you play a mirror match, the player running a Mr. Mime tech will have an advantage most likely, IMO.
  • A 2nd Zoroark BREAK is AMAZING, but your 2 Rescue Stretchers may be quite sufficient in this regards.
  • No doubt my preference to using FF Belts over Choice Bands is another personal choice given I want my first Buzzwole GX Jet Punching as long as possible to provide ample time to setup my bench.
  • I tried Lusamine last week too and didn't use it in any of my games. I had initially thought I could drop 1 of my card-draw Supporters for it, but my pre-tournament testing suggested I still needed to have my "strong" card-draw support for the early game setup consistency. I now think it is more of a late game tech. Thoughts?

@Cific
Nice list too. A few thoughts/comments for your consideration:
  • IMO, a 4th Buzzwole GX is more important than the 3rd Tapu Lele GX. Too often, benched Tapu Lele GX(s) become liabilities mid-late game.
  • Why not also have a 2nd Zoroark (BKT) and its BREAK?
  • Why no Special Charge?
  • Have you tested Oranguru to provide supplemental card-draw support?

Last edited:
@tuxedoblack

I have test both with 3 and 4 Buzzwole GX and i find having the 3rd Lele to be more crucial then the 4th Buzzwole. My deck actually pilots a lot like the Zoroark/ Golisopod deck that just won London. The main focus is on Zoroark GX. While Buzzwole puts on the pressure against other Zoro decks and evolution decks. The reason I don’t have a special charge in the deck is I found myself not needing it with the 4 PoTs. Oranguru isn’t needed at all.

Back