• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzing Foxes (Buzzwole-GX/Zoroarks)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
th
th

Buzzing Foxes

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Zoroark BREAK BKT 92
* 4 Zorua BKT 89
* 2 Zoroark BKT 91
* 2 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 3 Buzzwole-GX CIN 57
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Tapu Koko SMP 30

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 Po Town BUS 121
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 N FCO 105
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 1 Lusamine CIN 96
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 11

* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104
* 3 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The Strategy:

So, I was trying to think of a way to have the same kind of strength that Buzzwole/Garb has, but without the near-autoloss to big basic decks like Volcanion, Drampa/Garb, Bulu/Vikavolt, etc., and I came up with this. I think Buzzwole and the Zoroarks have great synergy; Buzzwole makes the math with the Zoroarks easier, and handles the Garde matchup in combination with Espeon-EX and Po Town. Zoroark provides Buzzwole with an out to big Basic decks like Volcanion; Zoroark BREAK just loves to beat up on those kinds of decks, and Zoroark-GX can OHKO the Big Basics after a Jet Punch (assuming it has a Choice Band, and for the 190HP stuff like Ho-Oh you'll need a Strong Energy on Buzzwole too). Mind Jack and Jet Punch both take a huge advantage of T1 Brigettes from your opponent, meaning they will either be playing in A: A way they don't want to or B: A way that they will be punished for. Drampa-GX slides in perfectly here, providing a brute force attacker that doesn't depend on your opponent's setup, and you're running Po Town and Rainbow Energy, so you won't have any issues powering up Berserk.

Card Considerations:

*1 Kartana-GX: All around great card. The GX attack is clutch and the Ability has the potential to really slow some decks down.

*1 Mr. Mime: Great in the Buzzwole mirror as well as the Ninetales matchup, and for random Koko techs. Is also a nice benchsitter for Zoroark-GX. However, I don't see space for it ATM.

*1 Oranguru: Late game N security.

Let me know what you think! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the various partners I've contemplated running with Buzzwole GX, Zoroark was not one of them. So, I appreciate the strategy comments and your approach is quite creative. Props.

Buzzwole GX seems to be getting a lot of hype right now. Have you considered incorporating a Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier) into your deck? Worth considering perhaps.

Secondly, with Lusamine, could you drop either an N, Guzma or Po Town for another useful card (e.g., another Special Charge)?

Similarly, you could also drop a Po Town (which could damage your Zoroarks too) for perhaps another Stadium (e.g., Parallel City or Reverse Valley) or a different useful card (e.g., Max Potion).

Lastly, nice deck. Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Of the various partners I've comtenplated running with Buzzwole GX, Zoroark was not one of them. So, I appreciate the strategy comments and this your approach is quite creative. Props.
Thanks! :)
Buzzwole GX seems to be getting a lot of hype right now. Have you considered incorporating a Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier) into your deck? Worth considering perhaps.

Secondly, with Lusamine, could you drop either an N, Guzma or Po Town for another useful card (e.g., another Special Charge)?

Similarly, you could also drop a Po Town (which could damage your Zoroarks too) for perhaps another Stadium (e.g., Parallel City or Reverse Valley) or a different useful card (e.g., Max Potion).

Lastly, nice deck. Good luck with it.
A Mr. Mime would be quite nice. A good bench sitter for Zoroark as well. I will consider it.

I may drop the third Guzma for a Koko, I really think Koko would be a good inclusion in this deck. Also, might consider a Counter Catcher instead of the third Guzma.

I think 3 Po Town is perfect. But I did really want to fit an Acerola, and you do have Lusamine to retrieve Po Town, so maybe losing one for an Acerola is okay.

th
th

Buzzing Foxes

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Zoroark BREAK BKT 92
* 4 Zorua BKT 89
* 2 Zoroark BKT 91
* 2 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 3 Buzzwole-GX CIN 57
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 Po Town BUS 121
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 N FCO 105
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 1 Lusamine CIN 96
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 12

* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104
* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The Strategy:

So, I was trying to think of a way to have the same kind of strength that Buzzwole/Garb has, but without the near-autoloss to big basic decks like Volcanion, Drampa/Garb, Bulu/Vikavolt, etc., and I came up with this. I think Buzzwole and the Zoroarks have great synergy; Buzzwole makes the math with the Zoroarks easier, and handles the Garde matchup in combination with Espeon-EX and Po Town. Zoroark provides Buzzwole with an out to big Basic decks like Volcanion; Zoroark BREAK just loves to beat up on those kinds of decks, and Zoroark-GX can OHKO the Big Basics after a Jet Punch (assuming it has a Choice Band, and for the 190HP stuff like Ho-Oh you'll need a Strong Energy on Buzzwole too). Mind Jack and Jet Punch both take a huge advantage of T1 Brigettes from your opponent, meaning they will either be playing in A: A way they don't want to or B: A way that they will be punished for. Drampa-GX slides in perfectly here, providing a brute force attacker that doesn't depend on your opponent's setup, and you're running Po Town and Rainbow Energy, so you won't have any issues powering up Berserk.

Card Considerations:

*1 Tapu Koko: Tapu Koko is great in any spread deck that runs DCE. It really should be in here but I couldn't find the space.

*1 Kartana-GX: All around great card. The GX attack is clutch and the Ability has the potential to really slow some decks down.

*Second Special Charge: The deck runs only Special Energy, but it does run 4 of each type, to a total of twelve Energy, so I think there are better inclusions.

*1 Tapu Fini-GX: Annoying GX attack, but I'd rather run Kartana.

Let me know what you think! :)

Nice idea! The spread damage combined with Zoroark GX seems to work the best (I play Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX, which I think you already know about), especially with the 30 damage combined with a Choice Banded Zoroark GX hits 180. My suggestions would be removing a N (since drawing a minimal amount of cards gives a greater chance of having to discard a valuable resource) for another Mallow. The card is phenomenal with Trade and having two gives you the ability to discard one if you needed to. Everything else looks fine in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing how this deck works!

Hope this helps, thanks!

Nice idea! The spread damage combined with Zoroark GX seems to work the best (I play Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX, which I think you already know about), especially with the 30 damage combined with a Choice Banded Zoroark GX hits 180. My suggestions would be removing a N (since drawing a minimal amount of cards gives a greater chance of having to discard a valuable resource) for another Mallow. The card is phenomenal with Trade and having one gives you the ability to discard one if you needed to. Everything else looks fine in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing how this deck works!

Hope this helps, thanks!
Will definitely try that :)

I can't wait to see how it works either; but currently Buzzwole is 10GR in TCGO and I'm way too stingy with my packs to buy them while they're that expensive xD

Will definitely try that :)

I can't wait to see how it works either; but currently Buzzwole is 10GR in TCGO and I'm way too stingy with my packs to buy them while they're that expensive xD

I'd love to try it too, but I have the same problem. I wonder why it has so much hype anyways. I guess patience is the best answer for now (even though the only things I'm missing for it are the Buzzwole GXs). Let me know how it goes if you get them early!

Decided to swap the fourth Rainbow for a Koko. Really, you only need Rainbow for Zoroark BREAK and Drampa fuel; you'll almost always rather have DCE or Strong Energy, so I think three is fine.

EDIT: Now that we have less Energy and an easy Guzma pivot with Koko (as well as Stand In) I think 1 Float Stone can go for a 2nd Special Charge. Updated the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to swap the fourth Rainbow for a Koko. Really, you only need Rainbow for Zoroark BREAK and Drampa fuel; you'll almost always rather have DCE or Strong Energy, so I think three is fine.

Good idea, especially with all of the Special Energy denial (Enhance Hammer, Kartana GX, Xuritree GX, etc.) running around. Maybe you should play another Special Charge for that reason. How about removing the Lusamine for it (Lusamine seems a little out of place since you don't rely on Po Town to heavily while playing Rainbow Energy and Po Town backfires on Zoroark GX, bringing it down to 180 HP)?

Good idea, especially with all of the Special Energy denial (Enhance Hammer, Kartana GX, Xuritree GX, etc.) running around. Maybe you should play another Special Charge for that reason. How about removing the Lusamine for it (Lusamine seems a little out of place since you don't rely on Po Town to heavily while playing Rainbow Energy and Po Town backfires on Zoroark GX, bringing it down to 180 HP)?
Yeah I thought that pretty much right after I posted that. I think the third Float Stone is a better cut because of Stand In and Koko having free retreat. I like 1 Lusamine just for late game retrieval of stuff like N and Guzma that you may have discarded early on. Po Town is also super effective against Stage 2 decks and you may need more than three at times.

Yeah I thought that pretty much right after I posted that. I think the third Float Stone is a better cut because of Stand In and Koko having free retreat. I like 1 Lusamine just for late game retrieval of stuff like N and Guzma that you may have discarded early on. Po Town is also super effective against Stage 2 decks and you may need more than four at times.

Sure, whatever you prefer to remove. I (personally) just don't like relying on cards (especially cards that are easily removed like stadiums) that have effects during your opponent's turn that have specific drawbacks (like Zoroark GX). I just thought that Lusmaine would be most likely discarded by Ultra Ball, Sycamore, or Trade before you get the chance to use it. That's just my opinion though, so stick to whatever you feel comfortable with.

Last edited:
So, I bit the bullet and bought Buzzwoles. This deck is quite good and seems to have good matchups across the meta, except for opposing Buzzwole decks due to Zoroark and Drampa being hit for Weakness. Looking forward to doing more testing with it :)

...I wonder why it (i.e., Buzzwole GX) has so much hype anyways...
"Back in the day," maybe 5-6 years (?) ago, a Fighting Pokémon Landorus EX also had a 30-30 1st attack. The splash 30 damage onto an opponent's benched Pokémon was simply fantastic at the time. I ran a "Big Basics with Garbodor" deck (that featured Landorus EX) back then and piloted it to 2 Top 4 finishes in State tournaments. Now, Buzzwole GX is an improved version of Landorus EX and, I suspect, many players recall the popularity of Landorus EX and hope to transfer its success to Buzzwole GX. I definitely hope to.

So, I bit the bullet and bought Buzzwoles. This deck is quite good and seems to have good matchups across the meta, except for opposing Buzzwole decks due to Zoroark and Drampa being hit for Weakness. Looking forward to doing more testing with it :)
Strongly consider adding a Mr. Mime IF Buzzwole GX decks are popular in your area.

"Back in the day," maybe 5-6 years (?) ago, a Fighting Pokémon Landorus EX also had a 30-30 1st attack. The splash 30 damage onto an opponent's benched Pokémon was simply fantastic at the time. I ran a "Big Basics with Garbodor" deck (that featured Landorus EX) back then and piloted it to 2 Top 4 finishes in State tournaments. Now, Buzzwole GX is an improved version of Landorus EX and, I suspect, many players recall the popularity of Landorus EX and hope to transfer its success to Buzzwole GX. I definitely hope to.

Strongly consider adding a Mr. Mime IF Buzzwole GX decks are popular in your area.

Yeah, I know about Landorus EX, but I'm more familiar with the Bats version. I didn't know that Garbodor was paired with it at all, but it seems like a good idea. I was more intrigued with why people would play Buzzwole GX/Garbodor in Standard because of the new Special Energy denial cards (like Kartana GX, Xuritree GX, Enhanced Hammer, etc.). I guess more testing will provide the answer though. Thanks for the explanation!

Great! I'm considering doing the same (as long as the prices drop soon). Have you considered a basic Psychic attacker that could deal a good amount of damage? I was thinking Mewtwo from EVO, but there may be others out there. Good luck, let us know how your tests go!

Also (forgot to mention this) if you really needed to, you can attack with Espeon EX against opposing Buzzwole GXs. It hits for weakness, and with a Choice Band it OHKOs it. Espeon EX is a little fragile though, so you have to time it a bit if you do so (like when you needed a relative K.O. and your opponent has no way to respond next turn).

...I was more intrigued with why people would play Buzzwole GX/Garbodor in Standard because of the new Special Energy denial cards (like Kartana GX, Xuritree GX, Enhanced Hammer, etc.)...
For me, I purposely wanted to counter/disrupt certain Abilities like Bench Barrier (Mr. Mime), Strong Charge (Vikavolt) and Secret Spring (Gardevoir GX) in particular. Countering/disrupting any other opponents' Pokémon Abilities would be added bonus.

For me, I purposely wanted to counter/disrupt certain Abilities like Bench Barrier (Mr. Mime), Strong Charge (Vikavolt) and Secret Spring (Gardevoir GX) in particular. Countering/disrupting any other opponents' Pokémon Abilities would be added bonus.

Makes sense, that does add a lot of disruption. I was mainly talking about what you as the Buzzwole GX/Garbodor player would do against Special Energy denial, but I just realized you have Garbodor (Garbotoxin) to shut off Kartana GX, Xuritree GX, etc.

Anyways, @TuxedoBlack makes a good point about Mr. Mime against Buzzwole GX/Zoroark GX. What would you do since you can't hit the bench and shut off the ability? I think hitting Mr. Mime after a Guzma is the best option so far, but I don't know if that is as much of a problem at the moment. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The price of Buzzwoles aren’t too bad here in England considering it is a brand new card. What I am upset about is how many TCGO codes I had to spend on virtual ones lmao

EDIT: Okay, I just realised I might seem quite spoilt saying that the prices are not too bad. But it is definitely not as expensive as Gardevoir-GX when BUS first dropped etc.

Back