Discussion What Pokémon Do You Want to See as a GX, and Why?

Blissy with 250+ HP in the TCG would just look silly and out of place. It makes sense for Wailord to have high HP, it's like the largest pokemon.

Not to mention Blissey isn't even close to fan favourite status.
Well now that you mention it, yeah, out of place.
But you clearly haven't read my earlier comments about GX candidates being less popular Pokémon.
Not to be rude or anything, I just read that and it sounded very rude.
But TPCI really needs to spread love to ALL Pokémon. All Pokémon have their strengths, give them some!

I understand the Fan Favorite thing, and how the marketing will shoot up for a Pikachu GX, but the love must be spread.

Chansey and Blissey ARE popular though. They're frequently shown on the TV show in Pokemon Centers. I don't see why it would hurt to have one.

I understand the Fan Favorite thing, and how the marketing will shoot up for a Pikachu GX, but the love must be spread.

It would be nice, but it's not a 'must'. It's a business at the end of the day and like the OP states, they need to have pokemon that will sell.

Of course there are some that seem out of left field (Muk, IMO). But a character like Blissey getting a GX seems farfetched' ;-)

I admit so do some of mine though. it's good to have hope!

Also if TPTB are reading this, PLEASE bring out a basic dragon energy which will make dragon types much more playable. Thank you!!

I hope every starters must also be given a chance to have their GX forms.

Moreover, as an avid fan of the Dragon, Ghost and Steel types. I wish I could see the following Pokemon in their GX forms.

1. Hydreigon GX
2. Garchomp GX
3. Aegislash GX
4. Kingdra GX
5. Gengar GX
6. Haxorus GX
7. Salamence GX
8. Some of Eevee's stage 1 evolution: Flareon GX, Leafeon GX, Jolteon GX, and Vaporeon GX

I'm not sure exactly, but I really want it to be something unexpected. EX pokemon kind of fell into a rut and it seems like we've gotten the same big hitters constantly with different reprints and variations. I love for example that A Muk GX exists. I'm waiting for A Marowak GX. But these are things I expect. They are popular enough Pokemon and they represent a new mechanic from a new game.

I feel Mega Evolved Pokemon should have 350 HP,s so they can't be knocked out in one hit, be treated like Pokemon-BREAK, so you can't Rare Candy into them, be tied to the GX attack in some way (can only be used if you used a GX attack) or something completely new that is once per game and can only have one Mega Evolved Pokemon card in your deck (so you can't have Mega Pidgeot and Mega Charizard in the same deck. Ace Spec rule) and can only Mega Evolve once a game so you can't play them even if you got them back in some way.

Arceus because he is the god of all Pokémon!

The following mythicals and legendaries because the would make awesome full arts (actually all of the following would make cool full arts!)
Cobalion
Celebi (You can make it have a hit and run attack like Accelgor's)
Rayquaza
Regigigas

And the following stage 1 Pokémon because we now have good stage 1 support with Muscle Dumbells.
Wailord
Lucario
Electivire
Magmortar
Scizor
Golduck
Zoroark
Zebstrika
Arcanine

PLEASE POKÉMON!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reuniclus GX? But that's not going to happen I guess. It hasn't even received a regular holo card if I am correct.. No love for other psychics than Gardevoir (sigh), mewtwo and of course Alakazam.

Also, Arcanine GX because the Full Art would look awesome.

I cast my votes for these, simply to bring some of them back in the spotlight, as iterations of them in the past have either been not so great or generally overshadowed:
Zoroark GX
Infernape GX
Froslass GX
Roserade GX
Delphox GX
Flygon GX
Huntail GX / Gorebyss GX
Haxorus GX
Beheeyem GX

I would love to see a playable Zangoose GX and Seviper GX, with effects that work off of each other in some way. It's been a while since we've seen a Zangoose card, and it's one of my favorite Pokemon.

For Arceus' sake,just make an Arceus GX card already.guy's not been given the love it deserves since it's debut in the ptcg.It also has no EX card in the XY era.Its promos are also not that viable for competitive play.How can the pokemon lab give other pokemons much love while the creator of pokemon is neglected.I want it.I want an Arceus GX and please make it good,at least can be used competitively.

What I want:
Togekiss GX
Tyranitar GX
Alakazam GX
Diancie GX
Tyrantrum GX
Zygardeguy GX of course
Garchomp GX
Who agrees?

alright these are some good pokemon but think of it this way: all of these guys already have a EX think about the Pokemon without even a EX form like: Typhlosion (of course) fereligatr and meganium: they can sell a set about Weaville GX and Typhlosion GX and lets say Raikou GX and do you know why? because the re-release of gold and silver on the 3DS, Pokemon or Gamefreak will sell greatly to old and new players because of this games (and i definitly will buy some packs for that awesome Hyper rare Typhlosion GX) i hope you all agree with me... and as last they literatly said: don't make a list of pokemon who you want, but make a story of it why. and again there are a lot of posibillity's like Tyranitar can come in the set and other second gen Pokemon like: Steelix miltank and Celebi GX.

again i hope you all agree with me

"beloved Pokémon" so anything owned by Ash is getting a gx. Can't wait. On a more serious note, Altaria GX (with the ability), Reshiram GX (with outrage), Meganium GX, Lucario GX, Lugia GX (psychic, but we all know it's not going to happen), and hey since they're trying to slow down the game, why not reintroduce the baby Pokémon again? (Reprnts from HGSS era), I'd like to see some metal GX with rage or outrage (Lucario GX maybe?, Since it can learn outrage in-game), but definitely a Regigigas GX (why not?) And all legendary trios as GX Pokémon.

With the release of Burning Shadows i would love to see an Alolan Marowak GX. It is literally a burning shadow!
Pokémon stereotypically shot themselves in the foot for missing Alola Maro in that set, unless SM3+ pulls a lucky card up its sleeve next month.

Back