• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metal Crusher (Aegislash EX / Bronzong)

TheCyanPhoenix

The World's Unluckiest Trainer
Pokemon: 16
  • 4 Aegislash EX (PHF-65)
  • 4 Bronzong (PHF-61)
  • 4 Bronzor (PHF-60)
  • 2 Zoroark (BKT-91)
  • 2 Zorua (BKT-90)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 2 Steel Shelter
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Wally
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy: 11
  • 11 Metal Energy (even though it should actually be steel)
Strategy:

Before advancing at all, be aware this is very much a budget deck. Shaymin-EX are out of the question, and suggestions for cards might be declined since I simply don't have access to any. Dialga-EX is a notable example.

This deck is pretty simple; Start a turn or so later than others, but in the long game, overwhelm the opponent with attackers that really just don't stop dealing constant damage thanks to Bronzong. This deck originally had a 1-1 line of Octillery (BKT-33) and a 4-3 line of Excadrill (PRC-97), but they proved to just clunk up the deck with a bunch of evolution lines that it had to get out but often just drew the wrong ones, and couldn't exchange them for what it needed since TPCi refuses to reprint Pokemon Communication.

Aegislash-EX is chosen as the attacker because that's the one I own, the attack takes great advantage of Bronzong's ability to accelerate 2-3 energy per turn, and the ability is flat-out the best ability aside Set-up in the entirety of the standard metagame.

My method of deckbuilding is a little weird; I build by numbers, using math and similar concepts to determine how many of each thing to put in. Muscle Band isn't necessarily something I desperately need to draw very often, but I need as many as possible so as to prevent my opponent from playing a head ringer or jamming net to lower my damage output, and the only way to reasonably achieve an OHKO with Aegislash-EX is by using muscle band and 6 energy. Float Stone is something I absolutely need on a Zoroark as soon as possible, but any number of them beyond the number of Zoroark I have just become dead draws unless I have a Bronzong stuck active. Etc Etc.

I'd like some assistance with deckbuilding that could alleviate any of the problems a math-based deckbuilding style would bring, such as not taking into account a certain threat or the chances each card in the deck might be a dead draw if against the wrong matchups, etc., but as stated before this wall of text, this is a budget deck, so try to keep suggestions on the cheap side.

I also find the deck to be a little dull to operate, and a secondary attacker to go alongside Aegislash-EX (although I guess Zoroark is a secondary attacker in a lot of matchups) would be much appreciated.

I'm using this deck, when finished, for cities next week, so quick suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello!
Since you aren't playing any skyla or something like that which would give you a chance to get your 1 of items at the right time, I would rather cut them.
Also, with 4 VS Seeker and 2 Battle Compressor for your supporters, may you could decrease the amount of Sycamore and Birchs by one to get more consistency.
(You would still have 6 possible draw supporters)
I don't think steel shelter is the best choice for this deck, since you could get rid off special conditions with your zoroark, I would rather use Parallel City instead. It wouldn't hurt you, since you don't have any elemental dmg and you could bring your opponent down to 3 benched pokemon.

Here are my suggestions:
-2 Steel Shelter
-1 Professor Sycamore
-1 Prof Birch's Observations
-1 Muscle Band (you would just need 3 for 3 Aegislashes and you could just play Giovanni or attach another energy for your extra damage)
-1 Super Rod

+2 Parallel City (maybe you should consider to run even more stadium cards to not get reckt by silent lab)
+3 Level Ball (to get out your bronzors and zoroa as soon as possible)
+1 Trainers Mail

With this changes you should be able to draw up to 3 bronzor/zoroa in your first turn for a fast setup.
Item lock is always a problem, if it's not a first turn item lock you would still have one turn to pull of as many items as possible.
First turn item lock seems a problem, but this would only be possible with Vileplume (which locks your opponent as well and most vileplume decks are too slow themself) or with Trevenant, but you would have ressistance against Trevenant/Gengar Ex which would help you to get the time you need for setting up your pokemons.

I hope this will help you!

Back