Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, may I add that this tactic which is so risky is also very fitting for PMJ- he did a similar risky move in another game where he blocked his own kill using his scumbuddy which was a scum doctor.

There is a pretty big difference here; I have never suggested that I was confirmed or even probable town using the bb lynch as validation. In that game, my plan was to have the doctor protect the night kill and then come forward as the source of the protection, but Celever blocked the doctor and there went that plan.

Also, him targeting me still after I claimed to be in the basement- a host confirmed townie role- is a glaring and alarming point. PMJ should know that there was no need for me to out my partner- but he still insisted and pushed me to do that - "the only thing that will save you" - yet, when I said "ok here you go, it is unnecessary but whatever- it's Mariano" - he still pushed for my lynch. This is absurd and just confirms that all he wanted was to know who else was in the basement.

Yeah, because your play up to that point was abysmal and worthy of a lynch. It makes perfect sense if you're scum and to not come right out and say "you're wrong, I'm confirmed town, here's how I can prove this" is mind-boggling. If you would have quoted that bit from the basement QT straight away I would have backed off right away. I'm trying to think of how that could possibly be faked but I'm not seeing it. That would have gone a lot farther than just claiming you were town and offering up no proof when it was possible you were scum making a gambit and instead claiming your mason was the person I had pegged as scum alongside you.

You just don't leave a confirmed town alive-never.

How new are you? Scum can absolutely leave a confirmed townie alive if they think the doctor is going to protect them, knowing that the scum will likely go for the confirmed townie. It's classic wifom.

For Scattered Mind to claim the basement role without the knowledge that it could possibly be counter-claimed would be a dumb dumb mafia move.

My guess was that the real masons were barred from sharing that information. That's why they couldn't be cc'd. Also I didn't want to believe that the hosts would put three host-confirmable townies in this setup when analyzing reads and posts was supposed to be the name of the game.

case on @Yog

Why "still"?

Are you accepting that I protected myself last night? Or implying something along the lines of forgoing a nightkill to construct this much of a cover story?

Possible, but a stretch.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm implying. If you wanna talk about game-winning PMJ-level plays as scum, this would be it. You take the loss of a night kill in one night to trade it for "confirmed" town status. In a mylo situation, that's a fantastic spot for scum to be in. Who's gonna wanna vote for the guy who got targeted by scum?

Almost as dumb as me to open the day claiming to be the one protected when any Tom, Dick or Harry could easily counter claim that if it were false.

They could, if they were actually hit with the night kill. But if you guys all agree to no-kill on that night, then that leaves you free to claim you were hit, and no one can possibly claim otherwise because there's nothing to claim.

Hi, I'm town too. I have not voted wrong yet, and no-one can counterclaim my self-protect status last night.

Actually, it's highly suspicious that you've been absent from the mislynch wagons. No one's record is that perfect and it definitely cannot be used to suggest you're town when it hints at the opposite.

@NinjaPenguin Can scum choose not to perform the nightkill for whatever reason?

I can tell you more about my powers if it will put your mind at rest? Self-protection is only one part of it. I don't want to say too much though, as it will help the mafia to have ALL the information, plus I am fearful of the anti-claim mechanics.

You're itching to post your safe claim for the town cred.

You also keep commenting on people's deaths:

Acta est fabula, plaudite!
*applauds PMJ*

Lets make this less focused though, we need a spread.

after bb was lynched d3

Surviving the night is fantastic.

after no one was killed n4

And then you waving the same banner Nick did after no one died n5. They're little tiny things used specifically for the purpose of looking town and distancing yourself from the nightkill. Ditto for speculating on the scum team setup and amount of players - how does any of this help catch scum?

In general, I find it very suspicious that you're using the same tactic that Nick did when he thought he was targeted - shout it from the rooftops and hammer 'YOG IS TOWN' into everyone's heads.

I don't believe that there are this many protective roles in the game. Even jplap's limited edition triple protect was pretty nuts. Someone's gotta be lying and because of the above listed reasons I think it's you.

I still don't trust mord.

##unvote
##vote Yog

Almost as dumb as me to open the day claiming to be the one protected when any Tom, Dick or Harry could easily counter claim that if it were false.

That is true for most cases, but this logic isn't watertight either. You should know that I like to really overthink scenarios. For example: if a night kill would fail, and the scum team is somehow aware that the player it failed on is not informed by the host of their succesful protection, they could easily pull it off with no strings attached.

. I've had a gut feeling for a while he is scum playing smart and deep. Part of why I self-protected last night was the indication I gave him that I was still suss by knocking him out of the Certamen. My gut said he would enact some revenge if he were scum, and cut me off before I voiced these suspicions to loud. The other part was that someone doubled my ability for the night. I was hoping that maybe that would translate to blowback on the attempt but no such luck. I will not yet reveal what this actually did

That someone was indeed me. In addition to doubling your abilities, you also had automatic acces to all certamina. But I don't know if the hosts alert you of this. Yes, this means I have two abilites, I can't use them both on the same night and one of them prevents me from entering certamina.

Revealing that your ability use has been doubled gives you a bit town credit. Also besides the posts I mentioned before there isn't a whole lot shouting scum about you. But my point still stands. When I confronted Nick for having a protection ability you choose not to reveal yours. I would understand if your intention was to hide your ability for as long as possible, but that doesn't seem so because you happily revealed it today.

Another red flag, our abilities appear to be even more similar in a sense that it's not passive protection like Nick's.

Also I agree with PMJ, not being on the mislynches is more scummy than not.

I also want to talk about Nick's bulletproof ability though. It's an incredibly scary ability to have on a scum. The only one with the potential to balance out this setup madness. Town is always reluctant to lynch a bulletproof player because they don't want to lose two days in addition to what is possibly a very powerful ally. On the other hand if Nick is town, scum needs to start attacking him sooner or later. That would mean another night that the Night Kill will fail. If no such thing happens, we might need to start asking questions later. Quite a pickle this is.

I was alerted to both buffs.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm implying. If you wanna talk about game-winning PMJ-level plays as scum, this would be it. You take the loss of a night kill in one night to trade it for "confirmed" town status. In a mylo situation, that's a fantastic spot for scum to be in. Who's gonna wanna vote for the guy who got targeted by scum?
They could, if they were actually hit with the night kill. But if you guys all agree to no-kill on that night, then that leaves you free to claim you were hit, and no one can possibly claim otherwise because there's nothing to claim.
This is what I think you were doing with bbninjas. Celever's scum vs scum thing is getting bigger in my mind, but not enough yet to be convinced that it's true.

The case on Yog didn't convince me. The case on mordacazir you posted yesterday makes much more sense.
For now, I'll ##UNVOTE and ##VOTE: mordacazir, but I'm keeping an eye on you.

Ok, Yog is innocent.

##unvote
##vote mordacazir

If no kill isn't an option, then my theory is impossible. That means they had to have targeted someone, even if it was via random select. So Yog is telling the truth.

My argument against Yog was not the same as Celever's argument against me.

Yes I have an active ability
Alright. My prize for the certamen was a weirdly specific scanner; I scanned you with the result that you're either anti-town or have both a passive and an active. I clarified with NP; it doesn't actually mean either/or; it's totally possible that you're both. So this didn't actually get us anywhere. >.>
As Robin stated, it would be odd for there to be three protective roles and, since Robin has what seems to be an overly complicated one while I have a simple one,(still have no clue as to why there are at least two) imma have to say this:
##VOTE:Yog
Why Yog and not Robin?

––

Mord is still the best lynch because I'm absolutely convinced he's scum and his flip will clear me.

@Mariano11887, I'm not sure what you're getting at re Celever.
My argument against Yog was not the same as Celever's argument against me.
You were speculating about Yog playing a tactic with his scumbuddies, by saying they do specific actions to "sacrifice" one of them to "clear" some other scum. What I tried to say is that you could possibly have done the same when you attacked bbninjas, lynching him and, as he flipped scum, "clearing" you because you pushed really hard for his lynch. In other words, Celever's scum vs scum theory.
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Wow no, let's not end this day in a hurry if we can help it.

I can offer some more about my role if it will help people theorising around *this* many protective roles. I have a shopping cart of abilities I am allowed to purchase. But these attempts are limited so I don't have an unrestricted budget. I have been saving up since I stepped in though, so I've a bit of coin in the bank.

One of these is protection for a night. Last night I purchased that and that was the first item I have purchased all game. The most powerful ability I can buy is to bring someone back from the dead, but that is beyond my budget after missing the first few days as a sub. I can probably afford one more self-protect to use *some* night. Will it be tonight? ~It is a mystery~

There are also some cheaper abilities I may look into getting multiples of instead.

I'm okay with a Mord lynch, he's not really helping, and he's in my lean-scum list.

For Robin to be the one with the doubler power makes him less scum, though far from clear. At least enough for me to ##UNVOTE

My count

Six to hammer:
Mord(3): Mariano, Jabber, PMJ
PMJ(2): Scattered_Mind, Mariano
Yog(1): HEYNICK,

I am okay with being fourth on. Might tickle some nipples.

##VOTE:Mord

Yog's post #974 contained something which it shouldn't have and which potentially threatened game integrity. The flagrant part of the post has now been removed and Yog has been strongly warned for this.
Nobody should have seen the post before this, but if you did, please notify us immediately. Please do not discuss this in-thread.

I clearly said way too much in that post. The anti-claim mechanics are for real! My bad, and my apologies. It should read now the message I'm trying to get across without the rule-breaks in.

If no kill isn't an option, then my theory is impossible. That means they had to have targeted someone, even if it was via random select. So Yog is telling the truth.

For the record, it actually is possible because they might have to kill someone, but that does not mean they can't target one of their own, who can protect himself with his ability.

Ok, let's find out.

@NinjaPenguin can scum use the nightkill to target one of their own?

Also not being able to talk about it in thread is dumb, it'd be nice to know where the line is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back