Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
##UNVOTE

I don't have an idea what is going on either. I know there are way too many protective abilities, Jplap also used to have one and supposedly even the basement was protected.

The person I distrust the most is Yog because of these posts:

I would love to know if anyone had some kind of protection last night (without getting too specific about how or why), because tey will probably die tonight as Maf take a second shot.

Somebody tried to kill me last night. I protected myself :p Come at me bro's.

My gut says it was Robin, no reason other than my instinct.

Also on my radar are Samwise & Mord. Scattered Mind rings some bells too.

Why did Yog assume that a second attempt would result in a kill? Also Yog is asking about a protective ability he himself has and did not raise an eyebrow when both me and Nick revealed to have something similar.

Nick and Drac are also still scummy if you just look at their voting pattern. Their explanation for these votes is usually half baked.

##UNVOTE

I don't have an idea what is going on either. I know there are way too many protective abilities, Jplap also used to have one and supposedly even the basement was protected.

The person I distrust the most is Yog because of these posts:

Why did Yog assume that a second attempt would result in a kill? Also Yog is asking about a protective ability he himself has and did not raise an eyebrow when both me and Nick revealed to have something similar.

Nick and Drac are also still scummy if you just look at their voting pattern. Their explanation for these votes is usually half baked.

Definitely a stronger case than Mord already. I think we should gather everything into a case and see if Yog is the best lynch for today.

I'm going to take a look at every case so far (slowly but surely) and see if it really is beeter than lynching PMJ:
It sounds like you're going into these cases with the mindset of PMJ being the best lynch. That's dangerous. Don't do that.

This is just WIFOM - you are looking at this and you can have both ways - asking for your reads without sharing your own is not scummy. You do that all the time in thread. When I ask someone about what he thinks about another player, I don't think about giving my own opinion unless I really want to. Not because I feel that if I don't do that it will be considered scummy.
First of all, in-thread =/= QT. Most players approach the game in-thread with an innocent-until-proven-guilty mentality (and having it the other way around would be a disastrous way to play the game). On the other hand, you can really only go into a neighbor QT with a guilty-until-proven-innocent mentality. You don't want to share anything with scum if it's not also shared with the town.

What is that even? A new term? Readfishing? nope, I don't see how it can be a valid scumtell.
I've explained this already and it's definitely come up before in other games here. Fishing for reads is a valid scumtell for two reasons: a) because scum care more about how they stand in the eyes of the town than town does, and b) because scum want to know who the easy lynches are. If mord was town, he'd ask me for reads in-thread, not in the QT.

PMJ meanwhile has the whole thing with bbninjas which was covered already on how it is so weird and very possibly scumvsscum. That case can be reread. it was brought by Celever (dead town). Also, may I add that this tactic which is so risky is also very fitting for PMJ- he did a similar risky move in another game where he blocked his own kill using his scumbuddy which was a scum doctor. Also, him targeting me still after I claimed to be in the basement- a host confirmed townie role- is a glaring and alarming point. PMJ should know that there was no need for me to out my partner- but he still insisted and pushed me to do that - "the only thing that will save you" - yet, when I said "ok here you go, it is unnecessary but whatever- it's Mariano" - he still pushed for my lynch. This is absurd and just confirms that all he wanted was to know who else was in the basement. Some people asked why stalling the reveal of a confirmed town- this is very useful guys. Scum should know this too, that if there is a potential confirmed town - he can ruin their plans during late game. He can pop out at any moment, clear himself and just like that, leave no other player for the scum team to manipulate the town to lunch instead of them. Detecting the confirmed scums and kill them soon is a top priority for scums- that's why they immediately killed dos. You just don't leave a confirmed town alive-never. So imagine the situation after the role flip of Tapu Lele- revealing that there are two players who can at any time claim and get confirmed town. An extremely dangerous condition for the scum team.
I'm not against PMJ's lynch. If we had lynched mord instead of jplap yesterday like we should have, I'd be wanting to look into PMJ today. But while mord's alive he's not the best lynch.

@mordacazir do you have any Active Abilities? Yes you have to answer this and no anti-claim mechanics are not a viable defense.

For Scattered Mind to claim the basement role without the knowledge that it could possibly be counter-claimed would be a dumb dumb mafia move.
Almost as dumb as me to open the day claiming to be the one protected when any Tom, Dick or Harry could easily counter claim that if it were false.

Without the knowledge that it *couldn't be counter-claimed. You know what I'm getting at. To fake-claim such a role when it could blow up in a Mafiosa's face would be a terrible gambit. And now the other confirmed townie is outed too thanks PMJ & Robin.[/sarc]

My ability allows me to self-protect but only some of the time. With any luck we have some kind of Doctor around the place too. My electing to not use my ability until last night bought us a free night. I can do that again but not every night from now on. Maybe I get some Doc-protection too and we can get multiple free nights out of this.

However, since these other two townies were outed, the Scum team now has plenty of choices where to target. We went from a position at start of Day where scumteam would be forced to risk wasting another night attempting to kill me or not, to them having three very viable options.

FOS on Robin for his part in this. I've had a gut feeling for a while he is scum playing smart and deep. Part of why I self-protected last night was the indication I gave him that I was still suss by knocking him out of the Certamen. My gut said he would enact some revenge if he were scum, and cut me off before I voiced these suspicions to loud. The other part was that someone doubled my ability for the night. I was hoping that maybe that would translate to blowback on the attempt but no such luck. I will not yet reveal what this actually did :x

I am confirmed town - I am one of the loyalties in the basement (which is now a mason chat).

Keep going.
Note that he here says it is mason chat and it reinforces a point later
="scattered mind, post: 2950843, member: 95489"]It's unnecessary. You have no reason not to believe me if there is no one claiming otherwise. Why exposing another confirmed town?[/QUOTE]
Because they have 1 as an option already and masons arent the most useful type of roles imo.
Prepare to lead your own lynch, PMJ.
I’m wondering why PMJ’s still not leading his own lynch :p. Also here scattered copied his own stuff and I have to say the wording is strange because I miss the line: The link will be in a seperate post. But that might just be strange.
Nick, Robin, and Yog all allegedly have some sort of protection ability;
Dont forget dos who had a shield thingy :/. 4 roles that protect and 2 protected townies till day 3 is pretty unfavorable for scum.
do you have any Active Abilities? Yes you have to answer this and no anti-claim mechanics are not a viable defense.
Any reason why I should answer? I just want to hear this first before I disclose any info. Dont worry I’ll answer when you’ve replied.

Any reason why I should answer? I just want to hear this first before I disclose any info. Dont worry I’ll answer when you’ve replied.
Yes but me telling you before you do answer would defeat the purpose of that reason.

Okay, lets play a game called logic > emotions.

As a scum-target last night I might be onto something here. I can at least get my thoughts on paper before a second attempt comes.

Here's a mirdo-tribute

5N5i0GO.png

Scattered Mind & Mariano are both town until someone claims otherwise.
PMJ hounded bbninjas so is not mafia unless they're playing a ridiculously deep-cover game. I'll take it at face value and say town.
Jabber screwed up on the initial TE vote, but town points include being on the bb wagon when it was a teeter-totter vote, and not being on either the Celever or JP mislynches.
Hi, I'm town too. I have not voted wrong yet, and no-one can counterclaim my self-protect status last night.
These are my certainly-not mafia reads (not ruling out additional factions yet) and we have just six people left to investigate.

Nobody gets brownie points for voting Lele cos lol at that being any kind of tell after the TE reveal.

Mord is next to impossible to read with no voting history. Protected Lele on he Lele day, and has had some wild theories. Whole game is defensive which makes it weirder that he has not had a vote on the mast at any day-end. Is this a mafioso afraid for his life and on the verge of a lynch, so doesn't want to leave any trail? Potentially. Or maybe he's just busy and frustrated at the constant accusations. Lean scum.

Drac has also left precious little of a trail with his votes, so singly has he been focused on the hunt for Prof_jp's flip. A bit too singly-minded in fact. Like when his vote was needed he still sat on the prof. on his own. That's an easy way to hide your tacks come this stage of the game. Possible mafia but v. hard to read. His mislynch yesterday is forgivable as it's the same thing he's been chasing all game. Mystery alignment.

Samwise is an interesting one. Yes he voted Lele, but that counts for nothing the way it went down. However, he voted Lele on Day 1 too, instead of TE. But we don't know for sure if the Mafia even knew Lele was a member at that stage. He went the wrong way on the bbninjas vote, but he did at least not join either of the later mislynches. This could be a ploy to stay buried but looking across it, I think he just has been following his own steam. Lean town.

HeyNick
has been less active enough to make him another hard one to track in any way. Was not on the BB vote. Might go inspect why that was exactly. Avoided the Celever mislynch but there was already a strong push and the vote wasn't necessary. However, on the jplap vote is the most suspicious of all - looks very much like a bandwagon position on the back of two eager but misguided townies. Lean scum strongly.

Robin
caught my eye first when he was Osha. Yes voted Lele, but did so in a manner that looked like scumchat instruction directed it. Since then has been impeccable. Looks every bit the town team-player. But that's exactly how he looked last game when we were scumbuddies. He has the skills to pull that off. e.g., yesterday I saw that wagon on the Prof and it just smacked of scum. A smart scum player would allow town do that all by themselves. I would say based on that vote, either Robin is smart scum, or HeyNick is less-cautious scum. Lean scum.

I will also leave a vote with that, since what we need most right now is movement and back and forth and to see how people react to different pushes.

##VOTE: Robin

As Robin stated, it would be odd for there to be three protective roles and, since Robin has what seems to be an overly complicated one while I have a simple one,(still have no clue as to why there are at least two) imma have to say this:
##VOTE:Yog

Also, someone who jumped onto Jplap lynch had double vote weight. Just wondering who else noticed and if so, who you believe it to be?

As Robin stated, it would be odd for there to be three protective roles and, since Robin has what seems to be an overly complicated one while I have a simple one,(still have no clue as to why there are at least two) imma have to say this:
##VOTE:Yog

If you don't have a better theory as to why no-one died last night than my claim, you should take this vote off me.

Robin has a hunch, I am making a solid claim that has not been disputed by anyone.

This is the kind of reaction I am looking for though. It tells me that Nick leans a bit more town for it. As scum he could have jumped on there and said that he agrees (i.e. his jplap vote strategy).

Alternately both him & Robin could be buddies.

I can tell you more about my powers if it will put your mind at rest? Self-protection is only one part of it. I don't want to say too much though, as it will help the mafia to have ALL the information, plus I am fearful of the anti-claim mechanics.

Drac had double weight that day.

Robin is the role buffer but that doesn't mean he's town.

Yog could still be scum.

Yog could still be scum.

Why "still"?

Are you accepting that I protected myself last night? Or implying something along the lines of forgoing a nightkill to construct this much of a cover story?

Possible, but a stretch. Rather than getting elaborate (I'm not even going to mention the ridiculousness of you vs BB being one big smokescreen), wynaut look to the five that are most likely to contain the remaining scum - in order for me; Robin, Nick, Mord, Drac, Samwise. Everyone else has demonstrated distinct townish tendencies.

I'll answer this shortly, I'm quoting other stuff and responding to things people said while I slept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back