Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Gekki was trying to stop you (or anyone else) from pursuing Lele for rolefishing?

He was literally telling Lele to stop rolefishing because it isn't pro-town.
Disagree. He had posts after Lele started rolefishing that weren't telling him to knock it off. He only came in and mentioned the claiming thing (using the word "claiming", which Lele hadn't used before I had) after I called Lele out for it.

What Lele's doing bugs me bc iirc he did exactly the same thing for a while right after he subbed in last game, and then eventually got way better at playing and stopped doing the role spec stuff, even publicly acknowledging that he saw how it wasn't helpful in any way. Now he's right back to doing that. I can't think how else to explain it but that he's unused to playing scum so he reverted back to his initial playstyle.

Talking about two different things: Lele rolefishing is not pro-town at all because of anti-claim mechanics; pursuing Lele for rolefishing is useful to the town because it's pressure/scumhunting. Gekki came in and posted in the middle of the latter.

I did not read jplap's "maybe" as a serious answer. I think Lele did. If I was wrong about that, then a lot of what I've said already has much less of a basis, so I believe it's important to clear it up now.
Remember, this is my first game not as a sub, and first game experiencing RVS. Either way you look at it, I'm being thrown into a new situation :p

Remember, this is my first game not as a sub, and first game experiencing RVS. Either way you look at it, I'm being thrown into a new situation :p
I wasn't in the last game you played and I'm just going off of what's been said about you repeating your mistakes about rolefishing. But wouldn't RVS and rolefishing be two different things? Like it's one thing to be new to the game, and that's alright, but it's another thing to repeat something you've had experience with.

Honestly I'm torn with whether or not lele is scum. Cos like, on one hand his focus on rolefishing is sus, but on the other hand, if he did do role fishing last game, I can't possibly see the scum team allowing him to make the same mistake again... Wait a minute.
But let's not speculate too much on that. We want to be scumhunting here and not rolehunting.
Assuming lele is scum, maybe this backpedal was because of him being warned by his team?

I wasn't in the last game you played and I'm just going off of what's been said about you repeating your mistakes about rolefishing. But wouldn't RVS and rolefishing be two different things? Like it's one thing to be new to the game, and that's alright, but it's another thing to repeat something you've had experience with.

Honestly I'm torn with whether or not lele is scum. Cos like, on one hand his focus on rolefishing is sus, but on the other hand, if he did do role fishing last game, I can't possibly see the scum team allowing him to make the same mistake again... Wait a minute.

Assuming lele is scum, maybe this backpedal was because of him being warned by his team?
The reason I bring RVS into the equation is because I had no information to start off the game, and I was eager to find something to build a logical case from, even if it involved poking at roles. In the last game, I had items, revealed roles, and spotlights to discuss, so this was a huge change.

I think Lele's story checks out. It's possible that his backpedal was influenced by his team, but it's a bit conspiracy to really believe it.

Yo Jplap, you were so full of energy earlier this phase but now you've just sorta disappeared. Got any thoughts on the current situation?

So I don’t know whether or not me telling you what my prize does will trigger anti claim measures so to be safe I just won’t do it

Sorry about that, I have a tournament to attend. Gekki reeks scum to me, and would someone remind we what WIFOM and fos means?
Mind telling why you think Gekki's scum?

WIFOM means wine in front of me, its basically when info can go either way, it's impossible to tell which side is true. It's basically that one scene from princess bride. FOS is finger of suspicion. It just means someone is suspicious because of or if something happens.

Hey guys!
Ive read post 1 till 204 here we go:
IIRC from the last game, it's always possible a role could do something upon a person's death. Often times these "On Death" abilities are very powerful. They can also be held by mafia as well.

But let's not speculate too much on that. We want to be scumhunting here and not rolehunting.
Seems genuine town post to me.
Lele stop talking about claiming, it's gone from being borderline useful to clogging the thread & making it harder for jplap to respond to the things that really matter
Seems town if Lele isnt scum, is a little scummy if Lele flips scum. So 90% it’s a good town post.
The death ability speculation is good but would Jplap really think of that?
Personally I don’t think so this is only his second game so I doubt he’s figured out the stately of baiting his own lynch for his teams benefit
TE goes on about the jplap stuff while it has been said multiple times that rolefishing is scummy. FoS on TE. And to comment on the question itself: If Jplap doesnt think of it one of his teammates does. Doesnt matter if it’s his 2nd or 100th game, it’s something you decide and come up with together with your buddies.
Yo TE, when you said this did you mean that the rolefishing was a good thing? If so think that's an interesting bit of info if lele were to flip scum.

This reads kinda... pressured? Idk how gekki usually plays but he sounds defensive in this post.
I’m just getting a scummy vibe from this.
I'm also in this game.
I was asleep.

But let it be known that almost 25% of all posts are made by jplap.

See you in like 8 Days again o/ (hope not)
Just fyi I won't be very active today and tomorrow
I think it’s ironic/funny how when Jplap knows he made 25% of the posts he just says he’s going to diseappear for 2 days.

Mord I was trying to shut down the rolefishing
I said it was a good speculation that Jplap had a death ability but that it was getting us nowhere and that he wouldn’t have thought of that
I was pretty much saying “it’s pointless move on”

Hey guys!
Ive read post 1 till 204 here we go:

Seems genuine town post to me.

Seems town if Lele isnt scum, is a little scummy if Lele flips scum. So 90% it’s a good town post.

TE goes on about the jplap stuff while it has been said multiple times that rolefishing is scummy. FoS on TE. And to comment on the question itself: If Jplap doesnt think of it one of his teammates does. Doesnt matter if it’s his 2nd or 100th game, it’s something you decide and come up with together with your buddies.

I think it’s ironic/funny how when Jplap knows he made 25% of the posts he just says he’s going to diseappear for 2 days.

What? These are the two least townie posts in the game so far.
This might sound like an unusual question, but why is it that you two veterans have such
different reads of my post?

This might sound like an unusual question, but why is it that you two veterans have such
different reads of my post?
That's just the nature of language. In this game especially you really have to try to be as clear and spelling-out as possible, or the meaning is easily lost.

I think Lele's story checks out. It's possible that his backpedal was influenced by his team, but it's a bit conspiracy to really believe it.

Is it though? Let's say Lele is indeed scum and then started his usual role fishing playstyle from last game. Before someone starts to put FoS on that LeLe is trying to step away from the role fishing. Would it be that unrealistic that their scumbuddy told them that they should try and stop rolefishing before they get suspicious? Also, I am going to repeat myself here but consider this later quote:

I know it's a general rule that all role fishing is indicative of scummy behavior, but would you be able to explain why you think it's so scummy here?

Sounds familiar? Even if it's not bbninjas, I don't see Tapu Lele coming with this kind of defense.

Is it though? Let's say Lele is indeed scum and then started his usual role fishing playstyle from last game. Before someone starts to put FoS on that LeLe is trying to step away from the role fishing. Would it be that unrealistic that their scumbuddy told them that they should try and stop rolefishing before they get suspicious? Also, I am going to repeat myself here but consider this later quote:

Sounds familiar? Even if it's not bbninjas, I don't see Tapu Lele coming with this kind of defense.
It's just a massive leap, and a really unsubstantiated one. It's certainly possible that the message was sent to the scum chat, but actually a good mafian would have told Lele it in the thread: stopping a rolefish is a way to earn town cred, and Lele would have put stock into the opinion because he would have known the intentions of the person telling him, as they were both mafia. If it was a less experienced mafian who wouldn't have thought about this and therefore did communicate it to Lele in the scum chat well... we can't be sure, and so it's a really weak case. It's actually a textbook WIFOM case, as it relies on a piece of information (the message in the scum chat) which is impossible for us to find out.

So no, it's not unrealistic, but it's not realistic, either. Completely plausible, but all that means is it holds as much weight as the statement "[player] is mafia". That's totally plausible too, despite having nothing to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back