Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrandPanacea - Weird popping in to make jokes and not really contribute, and wanted to with-hold his reads, which is weird. That is probably all attributed to GP being new/busy, though, especially so because this Gekki/lorde thing has been very messy and is certainly hard to follow.

Yeah, I definitely do need to post more. But I did post my reads. Wasn't withholding them. I just didn't have enough information to make any assumptions. That's based on my personal desire for information before assumption, and has nothing to do with the game. And yeah, the Gekki/Lorde thing has been a huge pain to read through, and has contributed precisely nothing.

As for my lack of contribution and weird pop-ins, yeah, work is related to that. The jokes are just me though. Made 'em during The Challenge, made 'em during my First Aid Course, and I'm planning to have one on my tombstone. :p

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Gekki

What lying? Did I miss something?
Well this is a critical post, that everyone skeptical about the Gekki lynch needs to read. Read more carefully, seriously, you took a long time to make that single post and could've easily missed incoming scum points on any side.

Oh, and can we take a second to note this single Day is longer than the entirety of last game? That's amazing.

Hi can someone post a tldr version of the last 10 pages please? Thank you
You need to be reading it yourself. It's not as bad as it seems; if you see a string of posts by Gekki/Lorde, you could probably do with skipping over it because they're highly repetitive, and we can give tl;drs on them based on what you pick up. If there's a post that has a tl;dr, read that instead of the spoiler'd stuff. What you do need to be reading is the posts made by other people who aren't Gekki/Lorde, because that's where your scumhunting will come in.

I don't like this post, I really don't like this post. This seems super biased and uninformed, and every reason you list for me being scum has either been proven untrue or is so minor it's not worth a high up scum-read compared to Gekki.
Yeah, I picked up on that too. The sentence-disregard of Gekki is especially strange, as is that random "oh bb could be a good lynch today too", which is particularly uninformed. My only reservation about this is that the scum should be more informed; they have the scumchat after all, and I would be expecting at least some discussion to take place over there. On the other hand, Jade seems to be really confused and know very little on what's actually going on.

Yeah, I definitely do need to post more. But I did post my reads. Wasn't withholding them. I just didn't have enough information to make any assumptions. That's based on my personal desire for information before assumption, and has nothing to do with the game. And yeah, the Gekki/Lorde thing has been a huge pain to read through, and has contributed precisely nothing.
To clarify, I meant that you were withholding your reads earlier today. When you said "no, I'll post who I think is suspicious after the Night"; that was a bit odd.

To clarify, I meant that you were withholding your reads earlier today. When you said "no, I'll post who I think is suspicious after the Night"; that was a bit odd.

I think I was referring to the actual night. Like, after I woke up, haha. Unless I said game night? I honestly forget. I was a hit mess earlier. xD;;

Yeah, I picked up on that too. The sentence-disregard of Gekki is especially strange, as is that random "oh bb could be a good lynch today too", which is particularly uninformed. My only reservation about this is that the scum should be more informed; they have the scumchat after all, and I would be expecting at least some discussion to take place over there. On the other hand, Jade seems to be really confused and know very little on what's actually going on.
I still specifically asked for what I wanted him to respond to, and his lack of care to even respond with old thoughts is scummy and dodgy, that still stands. But the lack of understanding due to being generally uninformed is iffy tbh, and I think I'd consider this point more if he'd responded anything regarding Gekki at all. It's pretty easy to act like nothing there actually happens and you haven't seen what goes on there, especially since that conversation isn't visible to the vast majority of us.

I'll be waiting for more thoughts from Jade, I want him to read the post I linked to (and possible the one above it if he has time) and rethink his read on Gekki. This seems to be a night riddled with insomnia, so I should be here for any conversation.

So i'd say bb (review reads list) or Lorde for a D1 lynch. They could both give us good reads on some other players if they flip scum. They would also both be a large loss for the town if they flip town.

I don't understand the reason for including this second part. Why take into account them flipping town as a reason for lynching them? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Look, this is a long post and I'm really not expecting you (Gekki) to respond to everything, if it all. I've given direct post evidence for everything here, and there's not exactly stuff you can actually defend*. This is actually a post for everyone else, compiling all the significant scummy stuff on Gekki in one spot.

*Then what's the point of defending, bbn? Well, defenses are for players to identify any weak points - logical inconsistencies, misinterpretations, fallacies, etc. If the point is not weak, and clear is day, then it's nearly impossible to defend against it. You should, alternatively, be giving reasons for your innocence..

RE: Your supposed "debunking"
Here's the problem: you've already tried debunking the points on you - in fact, you very actively respond to any suspicions cast on you whatsoever. Your efforts boil down to "that's weak/not scummy/crap/wrong (generally emphatic statements without any actual reasons to justify), "but stills" and "I play scummy". This response to Lorde is a great example of this "debunking", defenses being limited to "This point is crap" and "This isn't true" (where in fact, the point were justified by Lorde). In fact, Gekki's recent responses to Lorde are increasingly consistent with this behaviour.

Gekki's response to TE's read on him was also "his points are trash".

As I said earlier, I think this is a waste of time - a distraction and rather unnecessary, and I doubt it will actually result in anything new. Whelp, here we go anyway:

Reasons for you being scummy (but not necessarily mafia):

Inconsistencies
(these are the major ones):
-- case 1: stating Discord mafia and Forum mafia are similar where, according to NP, you assert the opposite elsewhere. Never commented on this in your response to NP.
-- case 2: You say something to the extent of "I'd like to see a case on bb", and here say you never scumread me.
-- Mariano makes a good point about you expecting Lorde to defend and scumhunt.

Hypocritical (also the major ones):
-- case 1: it's not early Day 1 and you are still being overly offensive
-- case 2: you bandwagoned off a weak point on TE, which is sheeping
-- case 3: As later pointed out, your ISO points on Lorde easily apply to you. Specifically, you say that Lorde is too defensive of TE, yet you get rather defensive of NP here. When I call you out for this, you say it's not defending - your'e just posting your opinions.
-- case 4: You accuse Lorde of tunneling when you are doing this yourself. Your defense when Lorde points this out? "I have reasons to tunnel" (i.e. "I am exempt") and "your case on me is weak/illegitimate" (since when can you say when a case is illegitimate?). Hypocritical tunnel-related logic is reinstated here and here.

Extra defensive
- when being pressured about the TE vote, as NP pointed out here. You fail to respond to this in your next post. This is shown throughout the game by Gekki responding to nearly every post that would dare suggest him not being inno. Then gets jumpy when put into a tie with Lorde around here (despite the day ending in some 20 or so hours still).

Overly aggressive (and OMGUS)
- on TE, on Lorde, linked to the tunneling. on Defense: you play aggressive normally (and got lynched for it) - no indication that you're working to change that. Anyone notice the people Gekki is aggressive towards are always those who suggested he is scummy (and did so first)? Your defense to this OMGUS idea was "no, this isn't OMGUS".

Sheeping
- Related to the above and the Tunnel Vision below, Gekki tends to focus on and vote people (i.e. TE, Lorde) only after other people cast suspicion on them. More here. Unlike what Gekki says; adding points on people (especially under tunnel vision) does not mean someone is not sheeping. Gekki's defense is to say this is false; "adding points on people does mean you're not sheeping".

Tunnel Vision
-- RE: Lorde; e.g. when responding to Lorde's defense of the ISO. Your response to this consisted of a few "okay, but..." (a common indication of tunneling) and a couple of "no, you are wrong, that is scummy". Further posts show you disregarding Lorde's defenses and points as "crap", "false" and "illegitimate" without really any reason (see section Hypocritical, case 4). If I haven't convinced you yet, Gekki initially believed my analysis of Lorde's vote reason had "massive holes" (when that was completely false), more tunneling behaviour. He then disregards the fact that Lorde and I buddying is unrealistic because "WIFOM".
-- RE: TE; it took quite of bit of explaining/defense before Gekki actually let go of his initial vote on TE. Recently, seriously considering voting TE for his "weird"/not-optimal actions despite TE being new. Defense: "this is not worth talking about" (avoiding behaviour).

Here, you specifically mention that he's scummy but not necessarily mafia. What were your thoughts on this (at the time of this post), and did your read on him change between that time and when you made your reads list a bit later?

I did lmao, Jade is dodging. Now Gekki has obvious connections, this is all being put into place. I'm not moving my vote at this point.

Jade/Mariano/Gekki scum-team, anyone?
She says as she denies any chance of BB/Lorde/TE.

How much sh** can you shovel at once Lorde? Looks like it's getting pretty heavy.

She says as she denies any chance of BB/Lorde/TE.

How much sh** can you shovel at once Lorde? Looks like it's getting pretty heavy.
That wasn't intended to be that rude lol

Anyways, you're twisting my words again, and trying to make it look like lying. Post coming soon when I've eaten breakfast

While it's one of the main reasons I think you're town, you really need to tone down the attitude, Gekki. It's not helping.

Here, you specifically mention that he's scummy but not necessarily mafia. What were your thoughts on this (at the time of this post), and did your read on him change between that time and when you made your reads list a bit later?
My dilemma has always been that Gekki is scummy, but is also scummy as town. That is something I feel is important information for anyone who reads Gekki, so that's why I mentioned it. As for myself personally, I never realised the extent to which Gekki has been scummy until I reread through the past 10 or so pages, so I've been considering the thought of him being mafia more since then. In doing my reads list, I wasn't seeing anyone else stand out as particularly scummy; there were a few wagons and flying under the radar, but there's also other factors that make reading from those tells difficult, so not the people I'd want to be lynching today. I can't help noticing, now that I've been around for it, how much this Lorde vs Gekki thing has derailed other discussions, on which I would largely blame Gekki's tunnel vision and his tendency to jump any comments that suggest he is mafian, so that also makes me more comfortable with the idea of his lynch.

I'll have to take a look at everything tomorrow when I have a clearer head (although it'll be quite a bit later than normal, since I've got life commitments starting to chew up my free time again).

Okay, I can't even write this post. It's too big, and it's really hard on tablet. BB, Lorde, if you two are scum, you've pressured me enough. I know what to say but I don't have the time or energy to write it.

If anyone cares to read their most recent posts on me, and then read what I've been saying this entire game, you will see word twisting and factual errors in their posts. You will also see that I've been spot on my town meta.

Future Notice: When making a reads list, try to order it from towniest to scummiest. It helps make people really commit to their reads instead of have 3-5 people in the same category but who knows where within it.

My thoughts on pages 20-21:
She says it was just a pressure vote, but then asks why I see it as scummy.
I'm not fully understanding what you're getting at here? Do you mean it's weird that Lorde says that Gekki isn't "especially scummy" yet still votes him? If so, it would make sense for Lorde to cast a pressure vote to develop her read further.
This isn't scummy. This just lays the groundwork.

She now claims the point was Gekki ignoring a question from you about what made the OMGUS scummy, which doesn't seem like "disregarding" you at all. For someone so specific about what words she uses, disregard and ignore are quite different.
I also don't see any difference here? Lorde never said that "Gekki ignored a question [directed at him]", if you mean that. If you didn't mean that, then 'disregard' and 'ignore' seem entirely interchangeable here - used in this post, "disregard" conveys the idea that "Gekki did not consider bbn's post in his vote [regarding TE being new and his OMGUS action]", which is the same reason Lorde gave in her original vote.
Disregard means it's unintentional, ignore is intentional (at least according to Google). Then again, it's not a huge issue.

All in all, the reasons Lorde gives for her vote actually seems to be very consistent, with subtle differences in phrasing.
Bolded a couple notes on here. Mostly, I guess you're right. We can save Lorde for another day potentially.
Mind-meld. Also, bb, you never did this:
Yo Gekki this kinda stuff isn't a mind-meld because everyone will say the same thing BB did regardless of alignment.
And if I respond to it, don't you think NP will become less inclined to respond to it?
I may end up using your points, but I may end up disagreeing with you. You need to defend yourself when your life is on the line.
2) The trap that NP put ahead of you with the "Right now?"
Wasn't built to be a trap; was built for Gekki to clarify. But he did scummily.

I also want everybody to tell me who they want lynched D2 after whoever of Lorde/Gekki. If it's the other, talk D3.
For me, scum flips from either have strong candidates to be lynched next, and town flip makes me want to lynch the other one of them. If they both flip town, Quaking seems best.

-- case 1: stating Discord mafia and Forum mafia are similar where, according to NP, you assert the opposite elsewhere. Never commented on this in your response to NP.
I think this one is a misread b/c I don't recall Gekki ever saying they were different.
You will also see that I've been spot on my town meta.
Who cares about your town meta 'cause I'm an Albatraoz? Let's remind ourselves where it's got you:
  • Lynched D1 in Speed Mafia.
  • Almost lynched D1 in ToS.
  • Lynched D1 in Fairy Tail.
Is it not reasonable to think you'd try to improve it? If you flip town, I certainly hope you improve it next game.

I also want everybody to tell me who they want lynched D2 after whoever of Lorde/Gekki. If it's the other, talk D3.
For me, scum flips from either have strong candidates to be lynched next, and town flip makes me want to lynch the other one of them. If they both flip town, Quaking seems best.

I think this one is a misread b/c I don't recall Gekki ever saying they were different.

Who cares about your town meta 'cause I'm an Albatraoz? Let's remind ourselves where it's got you:
  • Lynched D1 in Speed Mafia.
  • Almost lynched D1 in ToS.
  • Lynched D1 in Fairy Tail.
Is it not reasonable to think you'd try to improve it? If you flip town, I certainly hope you improve it next game.
It's changed since speed mafia.

I was lynched in Fairy Tail because I pressed the bb case too hard and the seer failure.

My town meta has also brought me to lead town to a win and help town win on other sites, both times I've survived to the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back