Finished Mafia XLVII: The New Era (Fairy Tail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly would.
By checking the vote counts, it seems like there's a phantom vote in play, by that I mean a vote that is submitted through PM and not in the thread. As of now, I think it belongs to scum, because it was placed on bb, who was heavily voted for in RVS, and myself, who was under a bit of scrutiny for asking about flavor earlier, so it seems like scum is trying to gain an easy lynch as of now. By asking about it in thread, I was clarifying, and confirming the existence of this phantom vote, which means that no one should ever be put on L-1 as long as that vote is in play, because scum might try to go for the easy lynch.

By checking the vote counts, it seems like there's a phantom vote in play, by that I mean a vote that is submitted through PM and not in the thread. As of now, I think it belongs to scum, because it was placed on bb, who was heavily voted for in RVS, and myself, who was under a bit of scrutiny for asking about flavor earlier, so it seems like scum is trying to gain an easy lynch as of now. By asking about it in thread, I was clarifying, and confirming the existence of this phantom vote, which means that no one should ever be put on L-1 as long as that vote is in play, because scum might try to go for the easy lynch.
Orrrr, it just means that @Lord o da rings has double voteweight.

OK so what I meant might not mean AtE in your book, I just think that one can use AtE to do other things than manipulate people to vote or not vote, such as trying getting away with a suspicious bandwagon by using the "I'm new"card.

The self-awareness is problematic when it could be used in a suspicious way- the fact that he knows his vote is piling on a lot of other votes that can boost the chance of you being lynched early, but he still wants to vote, so he appeals with what he thinks will be a convincing reason. Also, where are your thoughts on the issue of not caring about who is going to be lynched? Quaking has a fair point that a new townie might have a similar mindset of a scum that is just to survive, but still, it doesn't remove the merit of this case.
Hate to echo, but all of this is WIFOM. Newbie scum are difficult compared to more seasoned players because they have no past experiences that can be compared to current ones.

That being said, TLS isn't out of the clear for me yet, I usually mark new players down as neutral (especially this early) because of their wide varieties in play style, how they respond to pressure, etc. He's down nothing to sway me in the direction that he could be town or scum yet because many newbies these days act somewhat like this, though to different degrees.

No, because Lorde's vote on me suddenly went up to a weight of 2 from a weight of 1.
Oh, true.
which means that no one should ever be put on L-1 as long as that vote is in play, because scum might try to go for the easy lynch.
Yes, but if no one ever gets to L-1, there won't be a lynch. :/
As of now, I think it belongs to scum, because it was placed on bb, who was heavily voted for in RVS, and myself, who was under a bit of scrutiny for asking about flavor earlier, so it seems like scum is trying to gain an easy lynch as of now
No, bb actually had 2 votes on him then, from Nick and Jade. It's just on you.
Hate to echo, but all of this is WIFOM. Newbie scum are difficult compared to more seasoned players because they have no past experiences that can be compared to current ones.

That being said, TLS isn't out of the clear for me yet, I usually mark new players down as neutral (especially this early) because of their wide varieties in play style, how they respond to pressure, etc. He's down nothing to sway me in the direction that he could be town or scum yet because many newbies these days act somewhat like this, though to different degrees.
You just ninjad me. This is exactly what I was going to say.
@quakingpunch73 What are your thoughts on scattered mind? I'm getting mixed reads on him.
This is a bit buddy-buddy with Quaking. Why ask him specifically?

The following Vote Count is true up to Post #125

It takes a majority of 7 to lynch.
In the event of the majority vote isn't achieved, the person with the highest vote will be lynch.
In the unlikely event of a tie, an RNG will be use to decide the lynch candidate.

Vote Count - Players
2 - NinjaPenguin
3 - bbninjas
1 - Fiery_Lugia
2 - quakingpunch73
1 - GekkisaiDaiNi
1 - The Last Shaymin

This vote summary only reflect the Vote/Unvote posted in the thread.

quakingpunch73 #30 - NinjaPenguin
Jadethepokemontrainer #31 - bbninjas
GekkisaiDaiNi #32 - Fiery_Lugia
bbninjas #33 - NinjaPenguin
Lord o da rings #35 - quakingpunch73
scattered mind #39 - bbninjas (UNVOTED - #65)
NinjaPenguin #47 - GekkisaiDaiNi
The Last Shaymin #59 - bbninjas (UNVOTED - #77)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK #62 - bbninjas
scattered mind #65 - The Last Shaymin
The Last Shaymin #77 - scattered mind
Fiery_Lugia #101 - bbninjas

> Not Voting & Need to start posting in thread.
@mordacazir, @FlavorfulPineApl

Countdown Timer

No, bb actually had 2 votes on him then, from Nick and Jade. It's just on you.
I can only do this much.

The following Vote Count is true up to Post #50

It takes a majority of 7 to lynch.
In the event of the majority vote isn't achieved, the person with the highest vote will be lynch.
In the unlikely event of a tie, an RNG will be use to decide the lynch candidate.

Vote Placed - Players
2 - NinjaPenguin
3 - bbninjas - (4 to Lynch)
1 - Fiery_Lugia
1 - quakingpunch73
1- GekkisaiDaiNi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quakingpunch73 #30 - NinjaPenguin
Jadethepokemontrainer #31 - bbninjas
GekkisaiDaiNi #32 - Fiery_Lugia
bbninjas #33 - NinjaPenguin
Lord o da rings #35 - quakingpunch73
scattered mind #39 - bbninjas
NinjaPenguin #47 - GekkisaiDaiNi

Yes, but if no one ever gets to L-1, there won't be a lynch. :/
No, getting lynched is based off of who has the most votes at the end of the day, but getting to "L-0" ends the day with a lynch early, which deprives us of discussion.
Say something valuable or get policy lynched. This is not RVS anymore.
While I would like some reasoning for FL, he's new, so he shouldn't be judged so critically so early on.

Why did you eliminate my attempt to pressure him to post with reasoning?
I never said he shouldn't, and he should absolutely make a post with reasoning for a vote, but Gekki had already asked for reasoning, so any additional pressure was unnecessary until FL made a follow-up post answering Gekki's question.

I never said he shouldn't, and he should absolutely make a post with reasoning for a vote, but Gekki had already asked for reasoning, so any additional pressure was unnecessary until FL made a follow-up post answering Gekki's question.

This is the second time that he ignores questions after voting with no reasoning. My pressure was necessary.

Well, not the second time he is ignoring, more like the second time he is voting with no reasoning after ignoring a question.

To repeat myself, writing something off as WIFOM is lazy. Mafia is all about figuring out which of “could be this” or “could be that” is more likely.

Scattered’s pressure does not suddenly become moot because of what Quaking said... ##unvote ##vote: fiery

Why are you voting people and not posting any reasons why or making any actual contributions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back