Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: September 2017 - Multi-Energy Costs - All Results Up!

Here is my text-based Entry: Kommo-o

Good luck to all whom enter the contest.

Kommo-o – Type: Dragon – HP170

Stage 2 –
783MS.png
Evolves from Hakamo-o

Spr_7s_784.png

NO. 784 Scaly Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 172.4 lbs.

Ability: Bulletproof Revival

This Pokémon takes 30 less damage from attacks for each Restored Pokémon you have in play (after applying Weakness and resistance).

[L][F][F][C] Clanging Scales 120
Flip 2 coins. If both of them are tails, this Pokémon does 20 damage to itself.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)

Resistance: none
Retreat: [C] [C]

Pokédex Information: When it spots enemies, it threatens them by jingling the scales on its tail. Weak opponents will crack and flee in panic.

Sign me up for image, please.

0- arceus.png

I know, right? well, I can't always do Alolan Ninetales; it'd get old really fast. Also, I had the idea the other day and it just happened to fit this theme.

I think the card is fairly self-explanatory, really. It resets everything, and you can only use it once. I don't think it will work, to be honest; the energy cost makes it so only a few decks can use it (unless you want to save some rainbow energies for it just in case), but you can't tell me the idea of losing and then resetting everything back to the beginning isn't completely worth the try.

The ability is straightforward, but I wasn't quite sure of the wording; I remembered seeing that effect, or something like it, on a card around here at some point, but I couldn't find it. The name is simultaneously appropriate and underwhelming; I wish I could have called it "Oh, S***!"; that really sells the sheer impact of the event. I'm sure you guys in the metagame have one or two ways to pick it up and drop it again to activate the ability, but I didn't have space to add a once per game clause or something.

And of course, if I wasn't sure of the ability's wording, just imagine the attack; Z-attacks are my version of GX attacks; functionally identical, but not with a name that comes out of nowhere (although I could probably do better than just throw a Z in there too). I would have liked a more complicated energy cost, but in the end I ended up keeping the three energies that represent the cosmic, the dark and the light, as well as a colorless to get the number up to 4 and make it harder to set up; the ability is intended for you to be able to draw two cards and put two energies on the equivalent of one turn, thus helping you set up sooner if you want, also, because it's at least a small benefit in general to playing it even if you don't use the attack.
The wording is... complicated; it means that you restart the game, but with both current active pokemon in the discard piles and your opponent gets a bonus prize ahead of you; it's intended as a sort of price; you get a restart, sure, but you still have to work to turn the tables; it just gives you more time.

As for the HP; I checked and the references had woefully low HP (and there weren't any modern ones) so I high-balled it; my megas are usually around that number, and I don't think a pokemon of this stature can have much less than that.

The legendary pokemon is a new concept; I don't know if all of them (if I even do more) will work just like this one, but it could work to set them apart while also balancing them; I'm thinking the rules are going to be like in this card; opponent picks two prizes, you can only have one in the deck and you can't play them again after they are gone, and that each will have one Z-attack, maybe will do interesting meta effects like this one, won't have weakness and resistance, and have those aesthetics.

I also know there's probably not a whole square inch of this card without some sort of holo effect (bad holo effect, in the case of the gold ones); it'd probably look terrible in reality, but, I couldn't find anything better that still kept the graphic language I established while also making these special cards stand out. Maybe full art, but I don't like those.

Well, I think that's all.

Last edited:
Sign me up for image, please.

-S1JA2IkRJQvuNKLdc4ZNsChdfqtNVklV4faa_DHO_hFWCgqojFA4a1Mx3R4I8hKTy2pyZWp9D2YFMaMtBAISii8CzEPEptznto1EO5Bx42PEIXllVErY7SMIp6p9OFX2micGYJiRWBhgAuQ70mjYSyYM8SqvMsi6LwTGj4kuBULkRdSPRe8HW1GqnfHZ2zPv6GS0plH2bPjSpGVJgzceFp9KQIpnK21wKlO1nCvCbEEQKB9nk9GfsibKHrvIKL05L0hQ_h_ia4HXT1TL7F1yUzQutZYVPTlun_jA7AR1zM8GsSXVr3zg-or0665hbie5c2XEGYjBNjyUfcUxl_L3Yuf_1MzQUTP7AA7OtWk2o239TqvmMHCMVZXjxLkBEXFDeYzIU_P-tzAAn_DDt_6-Y2QEjvDByzBwIjjmFlWiuKe2LASZXFw0PDFRRRwSLMBhIQi-KOAdvtf5o5bd3v8ZHUE77WIvEO9aZ-Yc--IIqHp7dF9-Rs3wi8_cbUn6Z1fwnAXhZqcCjRhfyb_v2dN6QgYZmGXsN9qD3ZqmRK1V4wEiYdIJLYUmzHkxC-fbaGtVIW3BfZSVFBMnULcB44QkkWrpKIy3njTHK0IX7eBoD7qLZXRflLNNcmrZPj7sBtv88u7cBteSTRzoQQJ1FLSxWLLwwH7xf7EDHnRBwE58GYZ5w=w675-h950-no

I know, right? well, I can't always do Alolan Ninetales; it'd get old really fast. Also, I had the idea the other day and it just happened to fit this theme.

I think the card is fairly self-explanatory, really. It resets everything, and you can only use it once. I don't think it will work, to be honest; the energy cost makes it so only a few decks can use it (unless you want to save some rainbow energies for it just in case), but you can't tell me the idea of losing and then resetting everything back to the beginning isn't completely worth the try.

The ability is straightforward, but I wasn't quite sure of the wording; I remembered seeing that effect, or something like it, on a card around here at some point, but I couldn't find it. The name is simultaneously appropriate and underwhelming; I wish I could have called it "Oh, S***!"; that really sells the sheer impact of the event. I'm sure you guys in the metagame have one or two ways to pick it up and drop it again to activate the ability, but I didn't have space to add a once per game clause or something.

And of course, if I wasn't sure of the ability's wording, just imagine the attack; Z-attacks are my version of GX attacks; functionally identical, but not with a name that comes out of nowhere (although I could probably do better than just throw a Z in there too). I would have liked a more complicated energy cost, but in the end I ended up keeping the three energies that represent the cosmic, the dark and the light, as well as a colorless to get the number up to 4 and make it harder to set up; the ability is intended for you to be able to draw two cards and put two energies on the equivalent of one turn, thus helping you set up sooner if you want, also, because it's at least a small benefit in general to playing it even if you don't use the attack.
The wording is... complicated; it means that you restart the game, but with both current active pokemon in the discard piles and your opponent gets a bonus prize ahead of you; it's intended as a sort of price; you get a restart, sure, but you still have to work to turn the tables; it just gives you more time.

As for the HP; I checked and the references had woefully low HP (and there weren't any modern ones) so I high-balled it; my megas are usually around that number, and I don't think a pokemon of this stature can have much less than that.

The legendary pokemon is a new concept; I don't know if all of them (if I even do more) will work just like this one, but it could work to set them apart while also balancing them; I'm thinking the rules are going to be like in this card; opponent picks two prizes, you can only have one in the deck and you can't play them again after they are gone, and that each will have one Z-attack, maybe will do interesting meta effects like this one, won't have weakness and resistance, and have those aesthetics.

I also know there's probably not a whole square inch of this card without some sort of holo effect (bad holo effect, in the case of the gold ones); it'd probably look terrible in reality, but, I couldn't find anything better that still kept the graphic language I established while also making these special cards stand out. Maybe full art, but I don't like those.

Well, I think that's all.

Beautiful card, though in my honest opinion, I personally think that a Retreat Cost of 4 is a bit too high for Arceus.

Stage 2- Metagross - HP 140 {M}
Evolves from Metang

NO. 376- HT: 5'03"- WT: 1212.5 Lbs

Ability: Extrasensory Steel
If you have at least 1 {P} Pokemon and 1 {M} Pokemon on your
Bench, this Pokemon takes 10 less damage from attacks from the Defending
Pokemon for every {P} and {M} Pokemon on your Bench.

{M}{M}{P}{C}{C}- Rend Slammer - 50x
Discard as much {M} and {P} Energy as you like. This attack does
50 damage times the number of Energy cards you discarded.

Weakness: {F} x2
Resistance: {P} -20
Retreat: {C}{C}{C}{C}

A linkage of two Metang, this Pokémon can perform any calculation
in a flash by utilizing parallel processing in its four brains.

Refs: Pikachu-EX Promo: XY124
(thought of the ability myself)

Salazzle HP: 110 - Fire
Stage 1 - Evolves from Salandit
tumblr_ogjbzcm0Ud1vd5a52o1_100.png

NO. 758 - Toxic Lizard Pokémon - HT: 3'11" WT: 48.9 lbs

[R][P] Grave Poison
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned, Poisoned, and Asleep. Your opponent's Active Pokémon cannot retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[R][C][C] Scar Searing 70+
If your opponent's Active Pokémon is Poisoned, this attack does 70 more damage.

Weakness: [W] x 2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C]

Pokédex: Filled with pheromones, its poisonous gas can be diluted to use in the production of luscious perfumes.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Stage 2 Kingdra-GX HP240[N]
Evolves from Seadra

Ability Kingdraw
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon has any [W] Energy attached to it, you may draw four cards.

[W][L][C] Electric Wave 30x
This attack does 30 damage for each of your in play [W]-type Pokémon and [L]-type Pokémon.

[W][L][L][C] Conductive Wave-GX 220
Discard all of your in play [L]-type Pokémon. Each of your in play [W]-type Pokémon get +30HP for each Pokémon you discarded in this way. (You can't use more than one GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [Y]x2 Resistance: Retreat: [C][C]
When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

Can't wait to see everyone's entries! :)
(Edited, -2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my entry

Giratina GX-Dragon-HP190
Basic

Ability:final reguest
Once during your turn ( before you attack) , you may search your deck for 3 cards and put them in your hand. If you do, this pokemon is knocked out.

(G) (P) (C) No friends-90 Your opponent can't play any supporter cards from his or her hand during there next turn.

(G) (G) (P) (C) No help GX Your opponents can't play any cards from there hand during there next turn (you can't use more then 1 GX attack a game).

Weakness:Fairy (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: 2

Most of these attack and ability chooses were made on the fact that he is a ghost type, but the cost are beacuase it's a dragon type. I tried to make it as balanced as possible. By the way, I didn't do spoilers beacause I don't know how to. I hope to do good on my first ever create a card challenge!

Back