Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: September 2017 - Multi-Energy Costs - All Results Up!

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my entry:
[/SPOILER
Venusaur GX HP 240 Stage 2 [G] and [P]

Evolves from Ivysuar

[G][G] Merciful Strike 10+

This attack does 20 more damage for each Pokémon in your discard pile and minus 10 for each Pokémon (excluding Pokémon EX or GX) in your opponent’s discard pile.

[G][G][P] Solar Beam

Put a Solar Counter on this Pokémon. This Solar Counter stays on this card for the number of turns equal to 3 minus the number of pairs of [G] Pokémon on your bench. When the Solar Counter is removed, this attack does 170 damage to the Opposing Pokémon. This Pokémon cannot attack during your next turn

[G][G][P] Champion of the Forest GX 10+

This attack does 30 more for each [G] or [P] Pokémon in the discard or in play.(You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]

Weakness: [R}x2

Resistance:

References and Thoughts

Refences:

Metagross GX (GX attack Rule)

Volcanion EX (Solar Beam)

Gardevoir ex σ (Solar Beam)

Vespiquen AOR (Merciful Strike)

M Heracross EX (Merciful Strike)

Thoughts:

Bulbasaur is my favorite Pokémon and for me this is long overdue. This idea of merciful strike is that Venusaur doesn’t want to kill innocent non GX/EX Pokémon. Solar beam is based on the games where Solar Beam the move takes a turn to charge. Champion of the Forest GX is a strong finisher. I mean a strong finisher. The damage behind the GX is basically a nuke button like Darkrai GX. The attack Solar Beam might seem overpowered but not being able to attack the next turn and having a 4-energy retreat cost makes this card a lot worse than it seems. However, Guzma can reset this so it still would be a Tier 1 card.

]

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
My Entry for this month!
zIfwC5F.png

References: Houndoom (Great Encounters), Liepard (Plasma Storm)

I used the TCG symbols font (found in
Faking Resources and Help - Designing Original TCG Cards
) this time instead of Metagross101's text symbols that came with the resources for the SP cards.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Just to let you guys know, I had to edit my entry; I found some typos and a layering mistake, and I doubt losing two points will make much of a difference this time.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
I'm dropping from this competition. So sorry. I'm starting my internship at a PR Agency and I need to focus on my work. Love to see the rest of the entries though!

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I'm going with the E-series this time around but let assume [D] basic energy exist in that era.

Stage 2 - Evolves from Vibrava / Put Flygon on the Stage 1 card

Flygon 90 HP [C]
Stage 2 Pokemon

Pokemon, Length: 6' 07". Weight: 180.8 lbs.

Poke-BODY : Crystal Type
Whenever you attach a [G], [F], or [D] basic Energy card from your hand to Flygon, Flygon's type (color) becomes the same as that type of Energy until the end of the turn.

[F][D][C] Dragon Illusion Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Flygon.

[G][G][F][F] Buzzing Dust Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. If tails, this attack does 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

weakness - [G]
resistance -
retreat cost - [C][C][C]

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Sure i'll throw my ha... i mean feather into the ring once more.

/in for text.

Nyan

She/They
I'm in for image

genesect_by_ther3dx-dbnfrcf.png

Basically the insperation for this card came from the old shining cards. I just got Shining Mewtwo the other day and I saw this contest and figured Shining Pokemon were perfect for it. I wanted to play around with the GX stuff and I finally got photo-shop so I figured I would do Red Genesect because of Movie 13. As for how the card functions its basically a Gard GX check without being too bias or broken as it does rely on Gard being set up plus item support. The GX attack is a call back to a classic style duel type Red Genesect I made as it was the first card I made that I was actually happy with. Lastly I'm not sure if im allowed to ask this but when my card is being judged is it possible to get any advice or harder judging I really want to get better as this so I can start printing out my creations for fun and I want everything to look convincing.
Anyways goodluck to everyone else I cant wait to see how this goes!

That's the old CaC symbol :eek:

SneaselGenesis

Aspiring Trainer
Smeargle – Colorless – HP 70
Basic Pokémon
Spr_5b_235_s.png

NO. 235 Painter Pokémon HT: 3'1" WT: 127.9 lbs.

[R][L][W] Primary Assault 30x

This attack does 30 damage times the number of different types of Pokémon in play.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)

Resistance: N/A
Retreat: [C]

A special fluid oozes from the tip of its tail. It paints the fluid everywhere to mark its territory.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I just realized it now but for some reason when I exported to png it cut off ashefields tag at the bottom but it's his gx blank

Shoot, should I eat the 2 points to change it or can it stay for this one?

The link for the new symbol isn't working for me :/
If the only thing you change is the set symbol, then you won't recieve a 2 point penalty. ^.^

Formatting is messed up in my post for some reason even though it seems to be right in Post/Edit mode.
The post done that to me too, so you're not the only one, SneaselGenesis.
In future, please don't edit your posts even if it's due to a formatting error, as you could still incur a penalty when we check your edit history. Contact one of the Create-A-Card mods or judges instead, as they can fix it for you. Either way, your entry's formatting should be looking good now, Sneasel!

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Image please. I am an artist after all.

Oh yeah, spoiler alert, Sceptile GX! My main man from Hoenn.
HP 240
Ability-Energy Blossom: when you attach a basic energy to this Pokémon from your hand, you may search your deck for up to 2 grass energy and attach them to your benched Pokémon in any way you like. Shuffle your deck afterward.
(G)(S)(C)-Energy Blade 30+:This attack does 3o more damage for each (G) energy you have in play.
(G)(G)(S)(C)-Frenzy Plant GX 190:This Pokémon can't attack during your next turn. Your opponent flips a coin. If tails, (much to their dismay) their active Pokémon is now paralyzed.

Last edited: