Pokemon Releasing $2000 'Pure Gold' Pikachu Card

I wish I knew the actual weight of the gold content on this. Hopefully we'll get more info or someone could tell me when/if they buy one. :p I'm sure the markup over the value of the gold is quite a hefty amount though. If it's not though, for whatever reason I'd buy it.

If it weighs 1.5 troy ounces, then it is currently worth $1895.1 in gold. (at $1263.40/troy ounce) $104.99 would be a markup I'm actually okay with.

Ok, so a though choice here; a new car, or another Pikachu card... I'm gonna have a hard time explaining to my girlfriend if I choose the latter I guess

The Burger King Poke Balls from the ’90s were also made of pure gold, but in their case, they were just gold-plated. So for this product we’re not sure what it means to be made of “pure gold.”
I'd hope a considerable difference in gold content for a start!

Article said:
The Burger King Poke Balls from the ’90s were also made of pure gold, but in their case, they were just gold-plated. So for this product we’re not sure what it means to be made of “pure gold.”
Were the Burger King cards a big deal?

If it was the Evolutions print, then it would be standard legal and I would need a playset. Then I could discard it and another one to usemy Gold Ultra Ball to find my Full Art Shaymin.

As a print of the old one, I guess this is pretty useless to me unless it has a black star promo number.

Oh my god, Pokémon. We get that this is your 20th anniversary and all, but this is overkill. Stop.

OT: Midas?

Well, I feel like I'm going to get robbed now. :/
They aren't worth much. They go for somewhere around 15-20 bucks on ebay if they are in good shape. The robbers would be better off stealing your wallet. (Unless you're as broke as me...)

Pay of my student loans, or buy a golden Pikachu? This'll be hard to explain.

*Not me thinking, I'm not in College*

Back