• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Flareon-EX Deck!

If you want help with a deck, why would you post on a deck help section when you only plan to play for fun with it? You mentioned earlier that Octillery is played in a lot of Flareon decks. If this was true, you should've asked yourself: how many games did that deck win?
People can post in the Deck Garage asking for help at any level and with whatever cost restrictions they want. Not everyone is looking to play competitively, and we're more than happy to help someone with budget decks or decks for more casual/friendly play.

What isn't allowed is making members feel like their decks or goals are lesser than others. Keep comments related to the deck, not what other members should or shouldn't be doing.

Let's keep this on track.

People can post in the Deck Garage asking for help at any level and with whatever cost restrictions they want. Not everyone is looking to play competitively, and we're more than happy to help someone with budget decks or decks for more casual/friendly play.

What isn't allowed is making members feel like their decks or goals are lesser than others. Keep comments related to the deck, not what other members should or shouldn't be doing.

Let's keep this on track.

@Asclepius24 My Hero! Thanks for the support man! :D

Pokemon - 11

1 Hoopa-EX (XYP 71)
1 Octillery (BKT 33)
3 Flareon-EX (GEN 128)
2 Volcanion-EX (STS 26)
2 Remoraid (BKT 32)
2 Baby-Volcanion (STS 25)
Energy - 11

11 Fire Energy (GEN 76)

Trainer - 30

1 Fisherman (BKT 136)
1 Team Flare Grunt (XY 129)
2 Switch (KSS 38)
1 Giovanni's Scheme (BKT 162)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
3 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP 99)
2 Lysandre (FLF 104)
4 Max Elixir (BKP 102)
2 Level Ball (AOR 76)
1 Escape Rope (PCL 127)
1 Super Rod (BKT 149)
2 N (FCO 105)
1 Team Rocket's Handiwork (FCO 112)
2 Evosoda (XY 116)
3 Trainers' Mail (ROS 92)
2 Ultra Ball (FCO 113)

Here's how my Semi-Budget deck looks without the Camerupt line which you guys suggested would slow the deck's goal of being quicker than your opponent. Feel free to modify the list as you guys please, particularly the Trainers I am missing.

So if you are 8 cards under 60, id +1 Trainer mail, +1 Sycamore, +1 ultra ball, +1 Octillery (1 seems risky), +1 pokemon ranger, +1 hex maniac, +1 Skyla, +1 Hoopa EX

I agree with the changes mentioned above but I would max out the Ultra balls. It increases your chances of starting with one which means that your Hoopa is easier to get. Hoopa can at least get you both Volcanion EXs.

Your retreat costs are also a bit on the high side so I would consider adding 2 Float stones instead of the switches. Since there is no tool removal for now.

I feel like you should also drop the Team Flare Grunt and Team rockets handiwork. If you want a disruptive supporter I would go with Delinquent, it can win games by itself.

I also don't see any stadiums in the newly posted list. 3 or 4 scorched earth would be nice to have.

What do you guys think about Malamar EX in this deck? It combos very well with Flareon's ability.

I agree with the changes mentioned above but I would max out the Ultra balls. It increases your chances of starting with one which means that your Hoopa is easier to get. Hoopa can at least get you both Volcanion EXs.

Your retreat costs are also a bit on the high side so I would consider adding 2 Float stones instead of the switches. Since there is no tool removal for now.

I feel like you should also drop the Team Flare Grunt and Team rockets handiwork. If you want a disruptive supporter I would go with Delinquent, it can win games by itself.

I also don't see any stadiums in the newly posted list. 3 or 4 scorched earth would be nice to have.
I agree with the Ultra Balls, about the stadiums I feel kind of skeptical running Scorched Earth because of the fact that I will already be running 2 Octillery. Not sure about the Hoopa, most decks tend to run a single copy because of the fact that beyond Hyperspace Fury, it tends to become the target for Lysandres, I am already running 5 support Pokemon (x2Volcanion, x2Octillery, x1 Hoopa). How about Wonder Lock Klefki? All of your other suggestions will definitely be considered/added to the list.

Pokemon - 12

1 Hoopa-EX (XYP 71)
2 Octillery (BKT 33)
3 Flareon-EX (GEN 128)
2 Volcanion-EX (STS 26)
2 Remoraid (BKT 32)
2 Baby-Volcanion (STS 25)
Energy - 11

11 Fire Energy (GEN 76)

Trainer - 38

1 Fisherman (BKT 136)
1 Team Flare Grunt (XY 129)
2 Switch (KSS 38)
1 Giovanni's Scheme (BKT 162)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
3 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP 99)
2 Lysandre (FLF 104)
4 Max Elixir (BKP 102)
2 Level Ball (AOR 76)
1 Escape Rope (PCL 127)
1 Super Rod (BKT 149)
2 N (FCO 105)
2 Evosoda (XY 116)
3 Trainers' Mail (ROS 92)
4 Ultra Ball (FCO 113)
2 Delinquent (BKP 98)
1 Pokemon Ranger (STS 104)
1 Skyla (BKT 148)
2 Parallel City (BKT 145)

Need space for 2 Float Stones. What do I drop?

What do you guys think about keeping the single Octillery and adding in a 2-2 Camerupt line. It will allow me to loop energy really well, Steam Up-Burning Draft-Flash Fire allows me to earn 30 bonus damage and attach the discarded energy again.
If I do decide to do this, I will most likely leave the baby Volcanions.

Last edited:
Also the reason I'm going with Octillery is because I need to attach at least one energy per turn so to get the consistency, I will be using Abyssal Hand. Using that I will be able to avoid getting stuck because I will always have drawing power no matter what stage in the game which I can not do with Shaymin, as this is more of a High Damage Charge deck, which doesn't fall into the speed deck category, consistency is what I'm going for with this. :D

Also the reason I'm going with Octillery is because I need to attach at least one energy per turn so to get the consistency, I will be using Abyssal Hand. Using that I will be able to avoid getting stuck because I will always have drawing power no matter what stage in the game which I can not do with Shaymin, as this is more of a High Damage Charge deck, which doesn't fall into the speed deck category, consistency is what I'm going for with this. :D
Maybe instead you could consider playing Delphox, which is basically a constant Shaymin and has the same attack as Flareon. The problem though is it would make your deck expanded.

Maybe instead you could consider playing Delphox, which is basically a constant Shaymin and has the same attack as Flareon. The problem though is it would make your deck expanded.
Delphox was something I was considering until I saw the expansion it came from and realized that it was a no go, also what do you think about keeping a 2-2 Camerupt line?

I was considering Delphox, but as you said it is an expanded card and has 2 evolutions to deal with. Also what do you think about keeping the 2-2 Camerupt line?

I was considering Delphox, but as you said it is an expanded card and has 2 evolutions to deal with. Also what do you think about keeping the 2-2 Camerupt line?
I think you should get rid of the Camerupt line and play Volcanion EX. This way, since you're playing Octillery, you don't have to have as many energy on your Flareon to get KOs. Not only that, Volcanion can attack in a pinch and hit for weakness in the mirror match. Another thing is that you can discard energy with Volcanion EX and use Baby Volcanion to hit for more damage, instantly getting 2 energy on the board which you can move with Flash Fire.
Edit-You need something that can beat Jolteon. Ranger is a must.

It will allow me to loop energy, here is how.

Steam Up - Discard Energy + 30 Damage
Burning Draft - Get Energy on to Camerupt
Flash Fire - Get energy onto Flareon EX
Which means massive damage to the opponent's pokemon. :D

I think you should get rid of the Camerupt line and play Volcanion EX. This way, since you're playing Octillery, you don't have to have as many energy on your Flareon to get KOs. Not only that, Volcanion can attack in a pinch and hit for weakness in the mirror match. Another thing is that you can discard energy with Volcanion EX and use Baby Volcanion to hit for more damage, instantly getting 2 energy on the board which you can move with Flash Fire.
Ya, will most likely be running 2 Rangers.

I have almost purchased all of the Pokémon I need for this deck, for example - x2 Volcanion EX, x3 Flareon EX, x1 Hoopa EX, what's left is buying x2 Remoraid and x1 Octillery, possibly 2 Octillery.

It will allow me to loop energy, here is how.

Steam Up - Discard Energy + 30 Damage
Burning Draft - Get Energy on to Camerupt
Flash Fire - Get energy onto Flareon EX
Which means massive damage to the opponent's pokemon. :D
I personally would try both ways before doing anything else with the deck. That way you can decide which works for you and which would win more games. You could also use Fisherman to Steam Up for more and have energy to attack in your hand, ready to go.

I have almost purchased all of the Pokémon I need for this deck, for example - x2 Volcanion EX, x3 Flareon EX, x1 Hoopa EX, what's left is buying x2 Remoraid and x1 Octillery, possibly 2 Octillery.
You need 2 Octillery. If you play only 1, there is a higher chance it will be prized. Not to mention, you were playing 2 Remoraid already.

Back