Finished Mafia XXXVI: Werewolves of the Interspectaculars ~ Game Over! Congratulations, Interspectaculars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we by any chance get some thoughts on Jabber from @Keeper of Night, @Ice Espeon or @Skyleaf2000? When you get around to seeing this?

@GM DracLord, you say that you don't have any scumreads yet. Do you have any thoughts about the current lynch, in general? Good, bad?

@Professor Palutena, your vote's on Jabber right now, since quaking voted him. Have you had time to read up? Do you agree with quaking's vote? /ninja'd

@Jabberwock, thoughts on the current situation?
With almost no certain info who is town and who is not. Jabber's lynch might bring something good based on his flip

Okay, got a bit of time to (sorta) properly go through these things:

Hmm... I rarely take such a risk early game, but I feel it's worth taking in this case.
This is the thing. Reinforce does indeed rarely take early game risks, so taking one now means something important is at stake. Here's what I'm running through atm [Key: Jabberwock | Reinforce]:

- Town | Town - Entirely possible, no elaborate scum mischief involved. But I also think this is unlikely with the evidence presented.
- Town | Scum - Reinforce could be scum attempting to get the gutsy town cred when Jabber flips town (when assuming town). This seems quite plausible, but I think if one is scum, it would be Jabberwock.
- Scum | Town - This is interesting, as one would expect town to not lie. However, it is possible that Jabber is cleared very softly by Reinforce, but not confirmed enough. However, that then brings up the question of why Reinforce would take such a risk for something flimsy, so I don't know.
- Scum | Scum - Very gutsy and risky... I'm not sure if scum would really want to put themselves in the spotlight this early. If they did, it must mean Jabber's role is very important, the scum team is small (and need every man they have) and/or WIFOM. It's a very WIFOM concept, as perhaps they are being gutsy and risky because people won't expect it.

Reinforce did word his post with persuasive lacing interestingly, but I reckon that's not that good indication of alignment.

So, I'm in a nasty position. Jabberwock is scummy and has solid evidence for a mafia alignment, however Reinforce's riskiness must be for a good reason. As such, I'm reading Jabberwock neutral right now. The thing is... I'm not sure if there's a better lynch. Again, quaking sub'd and Camo is muted, which leaves really only GM Drac for me. But what he's doing (the "I can't get reads) seems somewhat normal for him, as much as it is unhelpful and untrue. :/

I have a strong feeling on Jabber, his claim seems scum-like and he's also in the potential claim list. I'll vote for him tomorrow if no better lynch comes up (unlikely), so we can get some more discussion.
[Future Reference.] Interesting that you have a strong feeling for Jabber. How does Jabber's claim feel scum-like?

I'd say 4 is the most probable. 5 total scum makes sense, but not 5 and an indie.
Why this is taking up so much discussion, though, I have no idea. The speculation of scum numbers is not in the least bit useful.
Hypocritical and turns up only to contribute on what doesn't matter. GM Drac responded to this that you picked up to an extent; why aren't you pursuing it?

Literally nothing has happened since the last vote count. Get some more activity in, alright? Please? I'd really appreciate it. ^v^
Little change in vote counts does not directly correspond to activity, jsyk.

Sorry, was travelling on Friday and Saturday and was really tired. Reading up in the thread now.

Regarding quaking's vote on Jabber:

I'm kind of in the same position as bbninjas.
Jabberwock is scummy and has solid evidence for a mafia alignment, however Reinforce's riskiness must be for a good reason.

Right now, I'm keeping the vote on Jabber. I want a vote in play from me and Jabber is the player that most warrants a vote on them.

With the Jabber case, that greater-than-one-in-four-chance is not a bad one at this stage. His case on KX yesterday seemed strange and without any real substance. He's also not posted since his claim so far. Reinforce's implications are interesting and could possibly soft clear him if Jabber flips town, but as BB said it could yet be an (albeit uncharacteristic) attempt to appear town as scum. I'll leave my vote out for now to keep the discussion open.

Tomorrow (or today) I think we should look into Drac. His kinda vague posts aren't really moving things on that much :/

I want a vote in play from me and Jabber is the player that most warrants a vote on them.

What, for you, is so important about having a vote in play?

I think what simsands is trying to say is why there wouldn't be another, possibly even better, lynch candidate later in the day. I don't think Jabber's status as a good lynch affects the validity of other good lynch candidates being presented :p

Not literally, but it would have to be a hugely scummy play from someone or a scan into scum that happened last night (which would have been revealed at this point of the day already).

@ninjas, I'm not saying anything different that any other player who's suspicious of Jabber.

What, for you, is so important about having a vote in play?
It is nearly always beneficial to have a vote in play at all time because votes are in no way permanent; I can switch my vote at any time during the day. This community just isn't used to that novel idea yet.

Your vote is the main form of your voice, not your post. By always having a vote in play, I can ensure that my voice is being heard.

People that decide "I don't want to vote yet" or "I'll vote later" are people that I think don't understand the purpose of a vote. If you're delaying your vote in the interest of avoiding a scum hammer, nine times out of ten the scum team avoids the hammer because they don't want to appear scummy (I've been scum in like 4 of the last 5 games I've been in and this has been the case EVERY time).

Ergo, I want my vote on Jabber right now because even though I think he's barely scummy, he's still my top scum read which warrants having a vote on him.

The following players have yet to reach the three-post minimum for today and are in danger of being subbed out:

@Skyleaf2000 (0)
@Ice Espeon (2)
@Keeper of Night (2)
@Luispipe8 (2)

At the end of the day, If someone hasn't met the post requirement by the end of the day, they will be subbed out. If more than one person hasn't met the requiremnt, the person with the lowest amount of posts will be subbed out.

Additionally, if you are going to the 2016 World Championships and will be V/LA during that time, please inform us now. If six or more of the players in this game will be V/LA for that time period, we will pause the game until it has finished.

As you were.

It is nearly always beneficial to have a vote in play at all time because votes are in no way permanent; I can switch my vote at any time during the day. This community just isn't used to that novel idea yet.

Your vote is the main form of your voice, not your post. By always having a vote in play, I can ensure that my voice is being heard.

People that decide "I don't want to vote yet" or "I'll vote later" are people that I think don't understand the purpose of a vote. If you're delaying your vote in the interest of avoiding a scum hammer, nine times out of ten the scum team avoids the hammer because they don't want to appear scummy (I've been scum in like 4 of the last 5 games I've been in and this has been the case EVERY time).

Ergo, I want my vote on Jabber right now because even though I think he's barely scummy, he's still my top scum read which warrants having a vote on him.
I do have to agree to your point but with the current game logic running around your will look scummy regardless of your intention.

I do have to agree to your point but with the current game logic running around your will look scummy regardless of your intention.
It's not about looking scummy. It's about playing for your win condition - to lynch scum.

It wasn't at all that I saw it as scummy - I was just interested in the reasoning.

Fair enough. For me, I'm not voting atm not really because of the hammer since they rarely happen, but more because we're close to the end of the day and I wouldn't want my vote to stop a lynch on a better target if it came along if I wasn't online.

Haah, it is really hard to defend someone you're highly confident is town but the majority of everyone else doesn't. Somehow it's harder when the guy you're defending isn't around either. -_-

Oh well, if @Jabberwock has given up because everyone has already decided on his lynch and aren't budging, there's nothing I could say or do anymore to help his cause for survival. It's just a pity, because my role and Abilities involves his character in particular (which is why I think his claim is real, because otherwise it'd really suck having a role revolving around a safe claim). It doesn't matter anymore if my revealing that draws in the nightkill from the scum onto me; once Jabber's dead I'm going to be a useless and vanilla anyways, which is looking highly likely that it will if he'll be lynched today. And death just might save me from having to live through more painful Days of apathetic town lynches like this. Believe you me, I read through the Day here so far and compared it to a certain Day in the previous Mafia game --- it has run almost exactly the same course.

I do have notes on the reactions to those pushing Jabber's lynch so far, based on how much you're pushing after I part-claimed and came to his defense. And also what's the supporting proof you have for continuing to do so, whether it's just a one-liner/paragraph and then you're settled, or if you bring up more solid proof and argue it logically. I'd vote for guys who I feel are suspicious and guilty in certain categories of that, but I know it's not going to take steam because the consensus is that Jabber is today's -perfect- lynch and nobody else is needed, so I'll just have to keep and save the evidence for tomorrow, hmm.

Depending on how work goes, I might be around for the last few hours of the Day so I might be able to answer and/or get in more posts by then if you need more from me.

@GM DracLord, safe answer, but I don't see it as anything out of the ordinary for you for now, so okay.

##UNVOTE

It is nearly always beneficial to have a vote in play at all time

Not true. There's nothing wrong with waiting to vote, especially because roles that move or lock votes in place do exist.

Also wrong. The posts you make can hold just as much weight as your vote, especially if you're scum.

Hammering in itself isn't scummy. Also the past few games have been riddled with inactivity. People barely hammered anyway so saying that scum deliberately avoids the hammer is moot. You know this.

You don't have to vote to show your support for a lynch, but it feels like you are vastly downplaying the context of people's posts by saying that voting is the main form of your voice (which it isn't).

So you think that no one is scummier than the "barely scummy" Jabberwock? Everyone else in this game ranks so low on your scum radar that you're happy with lynching someone who is almost certainly town? I don't buy it. You're auto-piloting again. The fact that Jabber is already in the lead and your vote is already conveniently parked on him means you can just say "yeah he's the best choice" and watch the town do nothing as he gets strung up.

##VOTE: Professor Palutena

Also, FoS to everyone else on Jabber's wagon.

Day 2 Vote Count (as of post #294)

Jabberwock: 5 (Professor Palutena, simsands, King Xerneas, bbninjas) L-4
GM Draclord: 0 (Reinforce)
Professor Palutena: 1 (PMJ)

Jabberwock is V/LA until Tuesday.

Majority is eight to lynch. Day 2 ends on 8/9/2016 at noon PST, or about 24 hours from now.

Last edited:
Camo went after SS, who flipped town, here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...pectaculars-day-2.134424/page-10#post-2817943
When I was put under suspicion for the SS bandwagon, PMJ was, too, but I can't locate any real case on them.
Jabberwock's playstyle feels different this game, somehow... It's like he's stomping, planting each step firmly, whereas the other games he was walking normally.
Reinforce, to me, is the most cautious player I've ever seen, so his defense of Jabberwock feels a little odd to me. It makes him look like scum, but since he'd know that, it makes him not look like scum.

Game freeze!

It turns out I made a mistake. Day 2 should've actually ended at noon today, and I got confused and thought it ended tomorrow for some reason. I'm sorry for the mistake, and I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again. >_<"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back