Finished Werewolf XXIX: Melee - Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all was indeed a coincidence and I role copped SM because I had a gut feeling that he was hiding some ability. Evidently, I was wrong. I can confirm that I am (technically) a role cop: Ice Espeon is Ice Climbers (I love that 'ice' irony,) I copped PMJ, too (but I'm not telling the role unless I need to,) and I tried to cop SM but it was intercepted, I think. Or I was blocked. Or something like that. Anyhoo, I never received the results. And whoever killed SM probably has some role that makes them invisible. To c/p the night update (and yes, there was a typo hence the 'revised'):
Revised Night 2 Update:
You were watching scattered mind last night to see who targeted him, but couldn't identify any attackers.
So that's what happened. Think on it all you like.

Whoever scattered targeted last night please confirm your results!
SM and Yeowie were only able to target each other, so that would be @Yeowie :p

Oh wait! If scattered could only target Yeowie then the theory isn't exactly solid. It just means that Yeowie could have targeted him..
SM and Yeowie were only able to target each other, so it goes both ways.

@Yeowie besides yourself, who else targeted scattered? Tell us ASAP please.
How would he know? I don't remember him claiming watcher or something.
Unless you're asking everyone and I'm misunderstanding it :p

And whoever killed SM probably has some role that makes them invisible.
Assuming your explanation is true, this could mean that scum has some kind of 'teamkill'. Last game (I was scum and subbed in for Yeowie) we had the option to give up our Abilities for the night and perform a kill that was unblockable, untrackable, unredirectable, etc.
Basically a ghost kill. Meaning that scum prob didn't do anything last night. Again, this all is assuming Yeowie's telling the truth.

Mass tag worked for me.

Not much time rn, I'll probably make a post about recent events tomorrow morning. Anyhow, I'm not too convinced that Yeowie is telling the truth.

Assuming your explanation is true, this could mean that scum has some kind of 'teamkill'. Last game (I was scum and subbed in for Yeowie) we had the option to give up our Abilities for the night and perform a kill that was unblockable, untrackable, unredirectable, etc.
Basically a ghost kill. Meaning that scum prob didn't do anything last night. Again, this all is assuming Yeowie's telling the truth.
A teamkill makes sense, too. And coz Luis reminded me, yes, the masstag worked for me.

Mass tag didn't work for me.

And looks like the typographical error on simsands' role was legitimate, but there's nothing we can do about that now. I guess that teaches us not to rely on those types of errors too much to suspect someone.

Now as for this scattered mind business.

They work.

Also, last night I targeted scattered mind and Yeowie and they were only able to target each other.
So, either scum decided to kill scattered mind and this is a coincidence, or Yeowie is scum and decided to kill someone else so my ability actually mattered.
Personally I don't think coincidences are a thing.
So, @Yeowie , would you mind explaining?

Revised Night 2 Update:
You were watching scattered mind last night to see who targeted him, but couldn't identify any attackers.

That is a contradiction.

We can conclude that:

1) One of the two is lying
2) Vom's action cannot be tracked
3) scattered mind couldn't be watched

If you ask me, Yeowie is more suspect.

But that's probably partly because I have my own personal reasons for thinking that he's lying.

##VOTE: Yeowie

Now as for this scattered mind business.

That is a contradiction.

We can conclude that:

1) One of the two is lying
2) Vom's action cannot be tracked
3) scattered mind couldn't be watched
I'm not sure you fully understand. Vom's ability caused SM and I target each other. I was already targeting SM with my role cop ability and then obviously he had to target me with his "watch me when I sleep" thing. So I got results from it, but those results ended up as saying that no-one (visibly) went and killed scattered. I don't see what contradiction you are talking about.

It's just a little too convenient that you were forced to watch SM, but couldn't see who killed him, or were even informed that Vom targeted him.

I'm not sure you fully understand. Vom's ability caused SM and I target each other. I was already targeting SM with my role cop ability and then obviously he had to target me with his "watch me when I sleep" thing. So I got results from it, but those results ended up as saying that no-one (visibly) went and killed scattered. I don't see what contradiction you are talking about.

Putting aside the coincidence that you were originally going to target scattered mind anyway (which you can't prove), I'm saying the results you have doesn't fit.

As you said, Vom forced you guys to target each other.

So why is it that the results you got said NO ONE targeted scattered mind?

Because you, Yeowie, targeted scattered mind, according to what you said is what Vom's ability forced to happen.

So shouldn't you appear as a visible person who targeted scattered? Unless you're invisible to tracking/watching and that's why the results don't reflect that? Hmm, how many more coincidences like that are at work here?

Oh, KoN ninja'd me about what I forgot to add.

You didn't see Vom target scattered mind either. After all, his ability as I understand it, means he had to choose you two first and that should appear on a watcher result like the one you posted.

To be fair, he said no attackers targeted sm, but then again sm's role says 'anyone who targeted you' not 'attackers'.

Mass tag didn't work for me.

Possible options:

Camo is scum, Yeowie is unknown. An unlikely move that involves several bottles of wine, Camo murdered the townie he targeted in order to provoke a reaction of "Camo is being framed" by the town. It's not a really good play frankly; scum killing the townies they openly "suspected" is dangerous. Would Camo be capable of such a move? Yes, I think it's possible, but the possibility is very small. I'd rather not go for that.

Yeowie is scum, Camo is unknown. sm targeted a member of the scum faction, and he died for it. Again, not a really strong move. A little bit too obvious. Possible if the majority or all of the scum team isn't composed of very good players. Such a team could see the danger sm posing, but overlook the danger of outright lynching him. In this situation, reverse psychology is also an option; the scum killed a too obvious target hoping that the town would consider such a move impossible and therefore not go for Yeowie. But very unlikely.

Yeowie is town, Camo is unknown. Scum killed sm to frame Yeowie.

Camo is scum, Yeowie is unknown. Scum killed sm to frame Camo.

Both Yeowie and Camo are unknown. Scum killed sm because they thought he was a dangerous player or for some other reason completely unrelated to both Camo and Yeowie.

I'll study the options. For now, farewell.

From everything that has happened, it makes no sense whatsoever that Yeowie would turn up no results if he's telling the truth. He should have seen both himself and Vom.

I have an alternate theory: Vom is scum, targeted the two players and knew for some reason that the results would be hidden.
Another scum member could have an ability where all actions that happen to a player cannot be seen (kinda like a janitor) and then killed that same player to make it unknown what had happened go to him.

From everything that has happened, it makes no sense whatsoever that Yeowie would turn up no results if he's telling the truth. He should have seen both himself and Vom.

I have an alternate theory: Vom is scum, targeted the two players and knew for some reason that the results would be hidden.
Another scum member could have an ability where all actions that happen to a player cannot be seen (kinda like a janitor) and then killed that same player to make it unknown what had happened go to him.

That's a nice, plausible theory, but what's bugging me is that the result Yeowie posted about watching didn't come from him, but from scattered mind's ability. Unless the scum knew the exact mechanics of scattered's ability, that his ability would give a watcher result, then it wouldn't make sense to force Yeowie to target scattered mind, because any other ability would simply give him a failed result or something, and not have a revealed contradiction like this.

Furthermore, by revealing this information first, Vom is taking a huge risk, because if Yeowie flips town, then we will immediately suspect him of being the one to have killed/targeted scattered mind instead, and I don't think scum would do something that obvious and with such a high risk, that's partly why I think Yeowie is more likely to be lying than Vom.

Yeowie is definitely scum. He claims role cop, and then outs Ice Espeon's role, but for some reason won't out mine? That's because he has no idea who my character is, and the only reason he knows Ice Espeon's role (or safe claim name) is because they are partners and he can safely say IE is ICs without any fear of counterclaim.

Then there's the whole scattered mind business which reeks of lies but I like my theory better.

##VOTE: Yeowie

After he flips scum, IE should be next

ebwop: I was not alerted by the mass tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back