• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde GX + Welder

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
I have always thought that the new support for fighting types was interesting, but there was never really a good fighting deck. When the baby zygarde came out i knew what i had to do. Zygarde GX was also interesting, even though it lacked energy accelleration. So i thought why not play welder. So i have just quickly put together a list, played a few games against myself, and changed it slightly.

Pokemon:
4x Zygarde GX FOL 73/131
4x Zygarde UNI 124/236
2x Shuckle LOT 16/214
1x Dedenne GX UNI 57/214
1x Diancie Prism Star FOL 74/131

Trainers:
4x Welder
2x Bonnie
2x Cynthia
2x Lillie
4x Pokemon Communication
4x Acro Bike
4x Custom Catcher
3x Energy Spinner
3x Switch
1x Reset Stamp
2x Karate Belt
3x Martial Arts Dojo
1x Heat Factory Prism Star

Energy:
5x Fighting Energy
8x Fire Energy

I haven't tried playing it against other players, but I'll try to get my collection together on PTCGO to test it out, since i also have other ideas i want to try out (not to say i dont have anywhere to play, but next league is wednesday). I may try it with greens instead, since i did use to have some non-ablility pokemon i cut. Also it's probably just slightly inconsistent, since having two types is bad, but especially so with welder. I may also try to include some fire pokemon, like Heatran GX or maybe even Reshizard.
Shuckle is here too get energies for cell connector.

As for matchups, it should be favourable against Whimsicott GX, which alot of people play at my league, so i wanted a deck with a good matchup against it. (unlike malamar, which usually crushes rogue decks). Pikarom is of course a good matchup, Malamar sucks, Greens should be slightly favourable? Ability Reshizard is probably unfavourable, MewMew is probably 50/50.

Last edited:

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
The irony between "Malamar sucks" and "Ultra Mally all the way!!!" is hilarious and I love it.

As for the deck, why don't you test it out and update on if it is consistent.

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
The irony between "Malamar sucks" and "Ultra Mally all the way!!!" is hilarious and I love it.

As for the deck, why don't you test it out and update on if it is consistent.
What i meant by "Malamar sucks" was that malamar wrecks rogue decks. This was part of the reason i like it so much and played it, but now there are a ton of people at my league playing the one rogue deck that smacks ultra mally: Whimsicott GX.

Next time i can test it is wednesday, but i will try to remember to bump this post and tell how it went.

Also i kinda wanna find space for pokegears, so it is easier to find welder early, but im not sure what to remove.